Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Mercury Hat posted:

I'm very new to cooking with chickpeas and have a lazy sort of chana masala I like, but I'm looking to do some other stuff with them. Same with lentils, I've got one good lentil "soup" (I let it thicken up to more of a stew consistency because I don't actually like soup that much, lol) recipe but I'm looking for some more variety.

I really like this kind of Caribbean-style chickpea and potato curry. I also did a variation where I swapped the chickpeas for lentils (1 1/2 cups lentils), added extra broth while also loading it up with extra vegetables (carrot, some red bell pepper) for a good hearty stew that I enjoyed with rice for several days in a row.

Queen Victorian posted:

Also, on the sausage: good hot Italian is far better than lovely chorizo for this recipe (still super mad the local supermarket stopped making their good house chorizo and replaced it with pre-packaged garbage full of corn syrup that doesn't even taste like chorizo).

Thanks for the suggestion! We got a few local places that do Italian sausage, so I am excited to give this a go next time I make my own Spanish-style lentil soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU