Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Liquid Communism posted:

I like cuban-style black beans.

1 1/2 green bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
10 cloves garlic
1lb black beans, rinsed (not soaked) and picked over for stones
1 smoked ham hock (or ~8oz frozen ham) & ~4 slices thick bacon cut into 1/2" pieces.
2 bay leaves
5tsp salt +/- to taste
1/4c oil
1 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, stemmed and chopped fine
1tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp ground cumin
1/2tsp ground black pepper
3tbsp white vinegar
1tbsp brown sugar

Cut the green pepper into 1" squares, smash and peel 4 cloves garlic. Both in a large pot with the beans, the ham hock or ham, bay leaves, and 1tbsp salt. Add 2qt water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for an hour until tender.

Make sofrito: Dice remaining half a pepper fine, peel and chop remaining garlic. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, then add the green pepper and onion. Cook until onions start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and 2tsp salt, stir for another minute or so. Add vinegar and remove from heat, stirring to get any browned bits off of bottom of pan.

When the beans are done, pitch the bay leaf. Remove the ham hock and let cool (if you just used ham, leave that in). Pull out 1c beans and mash them to paste before returning to the pot. Add sofrito, then sugar. If you used a ham hock, strip it of meat, chop that, and return it to the pot as well.

Stir, then bring back to a boil over medium heat before lowering to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, skimming any foam. Taste and salt as needed. Serve with rice.

Well since the world is shut down I have extra free time so I think I'll do these.

E: nevermind there's no beans at the grocery store.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU