Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This league will award a championship this year
This poll is closed.
NBA 7 7.53%
NHL 7 7.53%
MLB 31 33.33%
XFL 48 51.61%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Figure this might be an appropriate spot to ask this:

I coordinate a recreational sports league (adults, ultimate frisbee) and have been researching which preventative measures should be enforced and/or strongly recommended.

Last week I followed the protocols implemented by national-level organizations such as: eliminating high-five lines, reducing group huddles, barring the sharing of water bottles, providing hand sanitizer, cleaning and disinfecting discs and commonly-touched items, etc.

However I'm still concerned with the non-zero likelihood of someone being unknowingly exposed, appear to be asymptomatic, and nevertheless be contagious. I can't assume that everyone is equally informed about the symptoms, risk factors, indications that a self-quarantine is necessary, etc.

Has anyone come across statements put out by a community-based organization (local sports league, YMCA, Girl Guides, etc) which instructs its participants about self-assessing exposure and early symptoms, and determining if they should stay home?

Or if you have your own thoughts, please let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I doubt this helps much, but Ultimate Chicago just put this out to its players.

The TLDR is things are moving forward as usual, but if you're sick stay home, and don't share water bottles. Ultimate players are full of people who are at the least amount of risk, and it's not like these things draw a crowd, so it seems like a safe position to take.

This was useful, and was shared by other leagues it would seem.

Alas I got word that we're cancelling everything for a month minimum. Not unexpected and quite reasonable, but a huge bummer nonetheless.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ketchup vs catsup posted:

It’s been a few weeks since I asked so I’ll ask again for updated opinions:

when do you think the next major sporting event (big 4, mls, golf, tennis, cfb, cbb ) will take place in America with a full complement of fans in attendance?

Given some of the idiotic "protests" going on in some states, I could see two schools in a CFB-crazy state putting together a Homecoming game this fall and attracting a crowd of yahoos from all over.

If Liberty hadn't already had its failed re-opening then I'd have penciled them in as one candidate.

In terms of legit sanctioned people-have-optimism game, maybe May/June 2021 for baseball or car racing or golf, as a best-case scenario.

More likely Fall 2021 or Summer 2022.