Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
"fair" housing laws

E: trash snipe content tax

Resting Lich Face has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

is it just me or does this read as satire?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
No, not really. It's just you.

This one is so evil on its face it reads like satire, but unfortunately it's probably legit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

fishing with the fam posted:

No, not really. It's just you.

This one is so evil on its face it reads like satire, but unfortunately it's probably legit.

Landlords couldn't be evil. Look at this Labour MP talking about them

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1240028136252887041

Like look at what she has to say one tweet later and she still thinks this.

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1240040736684421124

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
from my college campus: "Unfortunately, given state rules and the financial exigencies created by this situation, we cannot pay our student hourly employees who are not working, and COVID-19 leave will only be provided to employees who otherwise receive paid leave benefits."

sorry kids, youre SOL

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

DemonDarkhorse posted:

from my college campus: "Unfortunately, given state rules and the financial exigencies created by this situation, we cannot pay our student hourly employees who are not working, and COVID-19 leave will only be provided to employees who otherwise receive paid leave benefits."

sorry kids, youre SOL

What lovely state is this?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DemonDarkhorse posted:

sorry kids, youre SOL

laom the fact they're throwing in "financial exigencies" in there means they're just not paying because they don't want to. The "state rules" part is just a red herring so that you don't kill them :thermidor:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Discount Tire, a place I got my tires changed at 7 years ago, sent me one today

We really value customer safety and are following all of the recommended protocols. Except for closing our stores, we won't do that, that's just ridiculous ha ha ha ha *continues to be a disease vector*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sure you're going to die working for us and soon because you're not getting paid time off in this pandemic but you can wear jeans so it's OK.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

EasilyConfused posted:

What lovely state is this?

wisconsin

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

CaptainPsyko posted:

Who is running their what

They bill themselves as "a social club for singles." They organise group events specifically for singles so you can meet and presumably hook up afterwards. While every other company has gone into full blown "look how responsible we're being!" mode, their ads are still fully on the "HOT AND HORNY SINGLES IN YOUR AREA" page.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1240411395025448964

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CJacobs posted:

We really value customer safety and are following all of the recommended protocols. Except for closing our stores, we won't do that, that's just ridiculous ha ha ha ha *continues to be a disease vector*

Meanwhile, at my local pub:

:hmmyes:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Ok, I can kinda believe that Scott Walker would have introduced a law like that.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
thank you, overpriced but pleasingly comfortable fetish wear site, that actually did help a lot :unsmith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkew4g/gamestop-instructs-employees-ignore-law-enforcement-not-shut-down-coronavirus

Gamestop posted:

“Due to the products we carry that enable and enhance our customers’ experience in working from home,” reads the memo, “we believe GameStop is classified as essential retail and therefore is able to remain open during this time. We have received reports of local authorities visiting stores in an attempt to enforce closure despite our classification. Store managers are approved to provide the document linked below to law enforcement as needed.”

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Zvahl posted:

thank you, overpriced but pleasingly comfortable fetish wear site, that actually did help a lot :unsmith:

This one is legitimately good. "Yours in sodomy" is great too.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had to leave my phone at home to charge and couldn't get a picture unfortunately, but the local Von's grocery store had "All Sales Final" plastered every few feet of the store front, a nice "gently caress you" to everyone that hoarded $500-700 bucks in groceries last week and now these buttknockers can't afford rent and utilities.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brute Hole Force posted:

I had to leave my phone at home to charge and couldn't get a picture unfortunately, but the local Von's grocery store had "All Sales Final" plastered every few feet of the store front, a nice "gently caress you" to everyone that hoarded $500-700 bucks in groceries last week and now these buttknockers can't afford rent and utilities.

That's a big thing that is happening here too. They're specifically making it for stuff that people are hoarding as the extra gently caress you. Wanted to try buying it all up and flipping it for a markup and that isn't working because the supply chain isn't hosed? Suck it chucklefuck you have 25 years of tp now, poo poo more.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

yeah, ron johnson's a huge oval office

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Inceltown posted:

That's a big thing that is happening here too. They're specifically making it for stuff that people are hoarding as the extra gently caress you. Wanted to try buying it all up and flipping it for a markup and that isn't working because the supply chain isn't hosed? Suck it chucklefuck you have 25 years of tp now, poo poo more.

Well how else are they going to clean up the 6 month's worth of beans, pasta and chips they are holding on to for the end of the world?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

CaptainPsyko posted:

“Due to the products we carry that enable and enhance our customers’ experience in working from home,” reads the memo, “we believe GameStop is classified as essential retail and therefore is able to remain open during this time. We have received reports of local authorities visiting stores in an attempt to enforce closure despite our classification. Store managers are approved to provide the document linked below to law enforcement as needed.”

I hope his staff string him up from a lamppost.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having just got my "gently caress you pig I'm free to go" papers from work, string 'em upside down and leave a pile of rock, brick, pieces of jagged concrete a few feet away.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

I applaud that the leading company in the European waxing industry, European Waxing Company, is doing everything they can to support their community and our proud country. May they remain resolute in the distinct principles of their brand! God bless. :911:

Sprue has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Mar 21, 2020

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
The dealer I bought my car from five years ago sent me an email with the usual blah blah blah cleaning blah in it but they ended with:

“We take COVID-19 very seriously and are constantly monitoring the situation around the globe. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 123-123-1234”

It reads like:

“Honey, how much longer will we have a shelter in place rule?”

“I don’t know. Let’s call East Side Subaru.”

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Joe Cooper ford cares about Covid-19

quote:

To Our Valued Customers,
I wanted to take a moment to personally reach out to you, our valued customer, and let you know of the enhanced protocols that have been put into place at each dealership in the Cooper Autogroup. We are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we assure you that the health and safety of our customers and employees is our #1 priority. We are vigilantly analyzing developments from local, national and international health agencies, and we are taking actions to comply with their directives as needed.

Our dealership is thoroughly cleaned each night, and we've taken extra measures to raise our usual standards of cleanliness and health safety. Maintaining the status quo has never been good enough for the Joe Cooper Family…and it shouldn’t be for you either. Please know that our intention is to be a leader in meeting the challenge of the coronavirus.

What We Are Doing Differently:

We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH).
Our teams are actively wiping down high traffic areas throughout the day. We encourage you to utilize the hand sanitizers that are conveniently located throughout the dealership. We are temporarily discontinuing our regularly offered food services in our customer lounges as an added safety measure.
We have specialized crew coming in nightly and thoroughly disinfecting the dealership with professional sanitizing equipment.
We are following all CDC guidelines for businesses and employers. We are asking any employees to stay home if they feel ill and we ask clients to exercise good judgement if they have traveled to high-impact areas, been exposed to a COVID-19 patient or feel ill.
Based on these proactive actions that have been implemented, we are confident that our dealerships will continue to be a safe place to conduct business and we will remain open to best serve your automotive needs. The health and safety of our loyal customers and employees will always be our most important consideration, especially in these challenging circumstances. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Joe Cooper Family. We ask you to contact our team if you are in need of assistance, have questions or concerns. We have been serving Oklahoma since 1946, and we are proud to continue that tradition today.

Best Regards,

Joe Cooper

Dirk Pitt has a new favorite as of 08:04 on Mar 21, 2020

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
This one made me laugh, in that it is selling me on how to use their service to communicate with my customers about Covid-19 while also talking about how they care about covid-19

quote:

Hi Dirk,
At Twilio, we know firsthand the critical—even life-saving—role communications play in times of crisis.
We support thousands of organizations, like yours and others across countless industries, to engage their customers, deepen meaningful relationships, and build trusted communications efforts that support business growth.
Continued availability and delivery for our customers is something we take very seriously, and our support of you remains steadfast.
As our CEO Jeff said in his recent message, we have full confidence in our ability to support our customers as this situation evolves, and encourage you to reach out to your Twilio account executive if there’s anything we can do to assist you further, including thinking through new ideas and ways of using Twilio technologies to reach your end users in this difficult time.
As an organization, we have shifted to a fully remote workforce; we’ve strengthened our support systems to ensure we’re ready for spikes in usage and unusual workload.
We’ve heard from many of you that further guidance would help you navigate these uncertain waters.
I’d like to share some insight we’ve gathered, related to three key issues: crisis communications, elastic comms and infrastructure, and business continuity.
Please contact us here or reach out to your account executive directly to talk more about this dynamic and sometimes frightening situation. We’re closely monitoring the situation, and look forward to continuing to support you through and beyond this time of crisis.
Best,
Glenn Weinstein
Chief Customer Officer
Twilio

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Dear LEGO® Fan,

The health and safety of children and communities worldwide is our top priority.

That’s why we are temporarily closing the LEGO® Brand Retail stores we own and operate until at least March 27th in all countries except China. We are pleased to hear that for our stores in Shanghai and Beijing, life is slowly starting to return to normal.

Our online store on LEGO.com remains open, and you can find our latest updates at LEGO.com/service/help.

This is a constantly changing situation. However, one thing we do know for sure is that our fans remain as awesome as ever. It’s inspiring to see so many of you around the world looking after one another, and we take strength from the fact that play and learning can bring families together for moments of joy, even at the most uncertain times.

Stay safe, stay strong and stay awesome!

Your friends at the LEGO Group

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Realtalk I'll probably end up ordering from them at some point during all this though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/kendallybrown/status/1241519413486129156?s=20

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Rough. That, and the Britannia hotels one above, have absolutely enraged me.

One (potential) positive that may come from this, a lot of people are realising (belatedly) that we are not in any way ‘all in this together’. There is a possibility there may be some positive change from this. The Britannia hotel chain are getting hammered on social media in the UK, for instance.

An estate agent (realtor company, i guess, for you yanks) that a friend works for laid people off last week. As SOON as the pandemic hit, they just HAD to let those people go. I’m sure they feel so bad about their staff. So bad.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

:thermidor:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yeah I definitely want that ghoul to be confined to a phylactery sooner than later

I'm not a "kill all the olds" person (in fact, I hate that lazy sentiment) but this man and his terrible wife can please just get themselves gone

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The fact that those fuckers aren't languishing in a prison for stealing artifacts from Iraq back in 2009 for their bullshit bible museum is unforgiveable.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

I am not a violent person, but sometimes I wish I lived in one of those 'less civilised' countries where they form vigilante mobs.

But here, have a palette cleanser:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A good Christian

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Compare and contrast:

Zvahl posted:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

During these trying times, the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene would like you to jerk off instead of eating rear end

https://twitter.com/nycHealthy/status/1242462479134982145

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The fact that those fuckers aren't languishing in a prison for stealing artifacts from Iraq back in 2009 for their bullshit bible museum is unforgiveable.
They also kept on buying artifacts despite knowing that they were stolen by ISIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

During these trying times, the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene would like you to jerk off instead of eating rear end

https://twitter.com/nycHealthy/status/1242462479134982145

Take me now then coronachan, what is the point of going on if this is the price we must pay.