Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do we finish this season
Award the title now
No title at all
Playoff tournament
Finish the season at a later date
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
View Results

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mickolution posted:

It's been done

Seriously though, that is massively stupid. Is it just because Florida have allowed other sporting events to go ahead?

The entire operation will take place at Disney/ESPN's Wide World of Sports complex. Just ESPN and MLS working together to make some money I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

wonder how much of an impact PEDs make on people with the coronavirus given all top end footballers are on gear

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TelekineticBear! posted:

wonder how much of an impact PEDs make on people with the coronavirus given all top end footballers are on gear

Steroids do weaken the immune system, don't they? Paging Dr. House!

It's not lupus.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Personally, I can’t wait to start watching football on Monday June 1 at precisely at 12:00 PM BST.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scottish season has been called using average points per game

Celtic champions , heart relegated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52646282

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
"champions"

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

kcer posted:

"champions"

Air quotes over the word champions for the team that just won nine leagues in a row and when the Scottish cup resumes late summer will be in a good position to win it's fourth treble in a row.

I don't think people realise how sweeter this neckbeard whining makes the victory, at least for Celtic fans. Some great celebrations here in Glasgow and the booze has only been on sale for four hours.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1262345481205800960

Weedle
May 31, 2006

no you idiot trophies only count if they were won under the precise conditions determined by internet commenter "poopster mccoy"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
"winning" the title 9 years in a row definitely sounds like a serious achievement and not at all like mickey mouse tier lol

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

oliwan posted:

"winning" the title 9 years in a row definitely sounds like a serious achievement and not at all like mickey mouse tier lol

Wow, an oliwan post that isn't crying about Liverpool. Did someone pay for the DLC?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

oliwan posted:

One might look to other competitions to see how they fare against other opposition and find that Celtic are very bad

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

One might look to other competitions to see how they fare against other opposition and find that Celtic are very bad

During the 9IAR seasons?

Beat clubs in bigger money leagues all over Europe through the years. Ajax, Barcelona, and obviously Lazio last year. Drew twice with a Man City that had a 100% record in England at the time. Of course our worst results came under the manager who loving romped the English league with a mid-tier team and took them to 3rd this year. van Dijk, Dembele, Tierney obviosuly went for peanuts and made little of themselves or show no potential. Bayern not about to break the Scottish transfer record and pay £30m+ for our current star. Pure Mickey Mouse stuff, I guess.

Not that it matters. The competitive games with Scandinavian teams through the years have meant just as much. You can only kick the ball that's in front of you, Celtic have been phenomenal and any FIFA game player OVR 99 obsessed dweebs who can't see and enjoy the game without a bit of perspective just don't matter. The enjoyment we get out of winning titles is probably not as strong as theirs when they went to a barber and got a Vidal haircut in 2013 but heyho.

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 18, 2020

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
your flustered defense of your "title" tells me everything i need about how happy you are with it

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i suppose at least with celtic's you've already played everyone twice (i think) so it's more real than liverpool's would have been

which is to say not real at all but i digress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oliwan posted:

but enough about the bundesliga

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

but enough about the eredivisie

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the eredivisie is absolute mickey mouse tier (and still better than the scottish league lol)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

oliwan posted:

the eredivisie is absolute mickey mouse tier (and still better than the scottish league lol)

Apples and orange(men)

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

kcer posted:

your flustered defense of your "title" tells me everything i need about how happy you are with it

Whatever you "say". :yosbutt:

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1262396778067955713?s=19

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jre posted:

Scottish season has been called using average points per game

Celtic champions , heart relegated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52646282

they do, in fact, get a trophy for this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BisonDollah posted:

I don't think people realise how sweeter this neckbeard whining makes the victory, at least for Celtic fans. Some great celebrations here in Glasgow and the booze has only been on sale for four hours.

Are people actually celebrating? That seems like the best reason to not award any titles until all of this poo poo is over.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Are people actually celebrating? That seems like the best reason to not award any titles until all of this poo poo is over.

Seems like natural selection imo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Probably in house celebrations.

The Scottish police have been pretty good and group busting and I cant imagine the Glaswegian Police need an excuse to crack old firm skulls

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Aye we're all out in the streets spitting in each others mouths and swearing only to wash our hands for 9 seconds in honour of the achievement. Absolute scenes.

Edit: To be fair to you it looks like a few dozen arseholes have decided to hang out at Celtic Park. About half the amount of people that showed for the 5G protests on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/CiaranEU/status/1261986290909806592?s=19

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 18, 2020

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BisonDollah posted:

Aye we're all out in the streets spitting in each others mouths and swearing only to wash our hands for 9 seconds in honour of the achievement. Absolute scenes.

That’s about what I’d expect from the Glaswegians tbh.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wow some extremely caremad posts about Celtic

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
you know it's a real title when your celebrations are done via tiktok

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I'd wager most people who use TikTok weren't even alive the last time Newcastle won* a top flight trophy

*Shared with 2 other teams

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I'd wager most people who use TikTok weren't even alive the last time Newcastle won* a top flight trophy

*Shared with 2 other teams

I’ll have you know Newcastle won the 2006 Intertoto Cup outright

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’ll have you know Newcastle won the 2006 Intertoto Cup outright

What a majestic trophy plaque to win too

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

What a majestic trophy plaque to win too

drat I used to have that same Canon inkjet printer

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Six players and / or staff have tested positive for the ol' roni.

quote:

The Premier League has confirmed on Tuesday there were six positives from three clubs for coronavirus after tests were carried out on 748 players and staff.

On Monday, the league announced that clubs would be allowed to restart training in small groups within the next 24 hours with no date set for league fixtures to restart.

Watford announced late Tuesday that three people, including one player, had tested positive for the virus and all three would self-isolate for seven days in line with league guidelines.

Burnley also confirmed in a statement earlier that day that assistant manager Ian Woan had tested positive.

"Ian is asymptomatic and is currently safe and well at home," the club said.

Each Premier League club has submitted 40 staff -- players, coaches, medical staff -- for testing prior to the start of group training.

But I'm sure this is fine and they haven't infected anyone else and there's absolutely no need to change the PL's iron clad plans for restarting the season!

Also, "self-isolate for seven days in line with league guidelines". Isn't the recommendation a full two weeks AFTER you're no longer symptomatic?

https://global.espn.com/football/english-premier-league/story/4096695/coronavirus-premier-league-confirm-six-positive-tests

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Six players and / or staff have tested positive for the ol' roni.

But I'm sure this is fine and they haven't infected anyone else and there's absolutely no need to change the PL's iron clad plans for restarting the season!

Also, "self-isolate for seven days in line with league guidelines". Isn't the recommendation a full two weeks AFTER you're no longer symptomatic?

https://global.espn.com/football/english-premier-league/story/4096695/coronavirus-premier-league-confirm-six-positive-tests

IIrc its 7 days after symptoms disappear and 14 days for anyone who has come into contact with you. At least thats what the NHS were saying.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Gov’s isolation guidelines are on the real bare minimum end and prob should be doubled but gotta get to work etc,

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

IIrc its 7 days after symptoms disappear and 14 days for anyone who has come into contact with you. At least thats what the NHS were saying.

OK, so not quite as I remembered. Still a fair bit different than "you got diagnosed positive today, stay at home for a week and you're good".

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

OK, so not quite as I remembered. Still a fair bit different than "you got diagnosed positive today, stay at home for a week and you're good".

Yeah it's completely loving stupid and I'll be shocked if it's not delayed again. Or just outright called off. The SPL just ended their season early so I bet they are discussing that too now.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Der Shovel posted:

Iirc this is exactly what the health secretary did

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Turkish_Futbol1/status/1263059036053921792

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah it's completely loving stupid and I'll be shocked if it's not delayed again.

I honestly can't understand their logic here. I mean I get why they're doing it: they care more about the money than any other factor such as the players' and staff's health. But I honestly don't get how they think this is OK, or maybe they just trust that nobody will call them out on their dumb bullshit.

Then again these are the "turn your head if you're getting tackled" idiots so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol