Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Monolith. posted:

Huge disagreement. Louis and Haru sound good but Legosi's VA is lacking, especially in the cafeteria when he tells the two to stop fighting. The JP VA is much more forceful while the English VA is lacking. I'll have to check out more episodes but so far I am very disappointed.

Incidentally, that was the only scene that I thought Legosi's VA was lacking. Everywhere else, I thought they did a great job, especially in differentiating between internal and external dialogue. I liked his "Hm? Hm? HM???"s during the scene with Haru undressing better, as well as the yelp when he slams his tail. His growls were great as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Well, I finished Season 2 and its pretty good?

The animation kept me coming back because holy poo poo, these folks know how to make these 3d models move interestingly. I really liked that a lot of the background characters got some more time in the animation and detail departments. With the main cast modeled, I wonder if they had more time? For what few fights they had, the animation was just excellent. For as silly and serious the plot whats the be, the show is really nice just to look at.

The music is still fantastic. I love the jazz themes everyone gets. It also helps the city seem so much more interesting the few times we get into it proper.

The story is a bit of problem. None of the various plot lines really mesh together so Rouie and Haru feel very ejected from the plot, but the manga also suffered this. Legoshi still spends most of his time going, "What am I going to do?" and the answer, "Training!", feels a bit cliche and aimless even for this style. I was hoping the abrupt ending of the manga would get expanded, but cest la vie.

So very good looking, but a bit dumb; a metaphor for the show and its main character.