Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I also go to the grocery store every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
can someone explain the thing with Trent and rental cars

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Low Desert Punk posted:

can someone explain the thing with Trent and rental cars

trent doesnt own a car he just rents them whenever he needs them. also he doesnt do his taxes and presumably didnt have healthcare until he signed with aew

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

there's a shoot where lance storm is telling stories about ribs in the calgary territory. he said two guys wanted to make another guy crack on the 12 hour car rides through the Canadian wilderness, so they would fake having an argument, pull over, smash a bottle, dive onto each other and one guy would get color

on the same shoot cornette talks about dynamite kid randomly gimmicking people's drinks in the car, including the driver. loving insane carnies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlx76h60qgc&t=153s

all the stories are great

Dyno once set his manaher's head on fire. Not a euphemism.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

From the Wikipedia page on Herb Abrams

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Abrams

Wikipedia posted:

Before his death, while high on cocaine, Abrams was found naked and covered in a "vaseline" type substance, destroying furniture with a baseball bat in his New York office. He was in the company of prostitutes at the time. Not long afterwards, he died while in police custody, of a heart attack. He had cocaine stuck all over his body when he died. He was laid to rest in New York.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Lamuella posted:

there's nothing weird about what he was doing imo

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lamuella posted:

:rip: to a real one

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At what point did professional wrestling look like something well-adjusted people do?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

ChrisBTY posted:

At what point did professional wrestling look like something well-adjusted people do?
Literally never once in its history.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'll discount drug enabled weirdness

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'll discount drug enabled weirdness

Sorta makes the thread pointless then

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Probably a good 80% of wrestling autobiographies I've read involve violence against cats. Booker T's had a story about a friend of his throwing cats onto a busy highway from above, and then Booker tried to defend it with something like "That was just what you did for fun in those days."

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

shiksa posted:

trent doesnt own a car he just rents them whenever he needs them. also he doesnt do his taxes and presumably didnt have healthcare until he signed with aew

The car thing makes sense when you're in a business that has you travelling constantly. Moxley mentioned on the AEW podcast that when he was in WWE he was on the road for on average 6 days a week so he would just rent a car for a day or two when he was home. Makes sense tbh, if you can get a cheap enough rental. If I was on the road 25-26 days of the month and didn't already own outright a completely worthless car I probably wouldn't have one either.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 15, 2020

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i remember the Trent thing being much more insane and costly. he talks about it on one of the Popping Dogs shows

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Trent rented a car and left in in long term parking at an airport

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m pretty sure that incident led to him not being able to rent a car ever again or something, which is why he worked New Japan very heavily for the last few years (as they bus everyone to hotels and the arena)

also his throwing himself at the ground in insane spots in those Jr. tag belt matches he and Rocky had with the Bucks was to try to break something so he could use Japanese healthcare to not go bankrupt getting an even longer term issue fixed as well

Yeah, Greg’s pretty weird

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can't remember who told this story, but apparently Randy Orton thinks it's funny to yank on the steering wheel while someone else is driving, sending them into oncoming traffic.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

ChrisBTY posted:

There are a couple of people who seem like relatively normal but they might just stand out in a world full of all sorts of weirdos and strange people - and that's ignoring the criminals and scummy people that are apparently present to an extreme degree.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Look at this loving goof

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The Cameo posted:

I’m pretty sure that incident led to him not being able to rent a car ever again or something, which is why he worked New Japan very heavily for the last few years (as they bus everyone to hotels and the arena)

also his throwing himself at the ground in insane spots in those Jr. tag belt matches he and Rocky had with the Bucks was to try to break something so he could use Japanese healthcare to not go bankrupt getting an even longer term issue fixed as well

Yeah, Greg’s pretty weird

That makes sense why in the Roppongi Vice vs Young Bucks vs Hardyz ladder match I went to Trent took all the craziest, most dangerous bumps.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Can't remember who told this story, but apparently Randy Orton thinks it's funny to yank on the steering wheel while someone else is driving, sending them into oncoming traffic.

haha, classic randy

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Davros1 posted:

For some reason this reminds me of Cornette trying to explain that Orton sexually harassing writers wasn't sexual harassment because he wasn't actually trying to gently caress them.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

davidbix posted:

For some reason this reminds me of Cornette trying to explain that Orton sexually harassing writers wasn't sexual harassment because he wasn't actually trying to gently caress them.
:doh: With each passing day I find new ways to be embarrassed that I ever defended that prick.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7feOnIZhsEI

scott steiner done a pogo

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Low Desert Punk posted:

there's a shoot where lance storm is telling stories about ribs in the calgary territory. he said two guys wanted to make another guy crack on the 12 hour car rides through the Canadian wilderness, so they would fake having an argument, pull over, smash a bottle, dive onto each other and one guy would get color

on the same shoot cornette talks about dynamite kid randomly gimmicking people's drinks in the car, including the driver. loving insane carnies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlx76h60qgc&t=153s

all the stories are great

I'm glad Lance explains that it kept the ribbers sane but drove off any reasonable person. Professional wrestling ribbing sounds like a selection process to only have crazy weirdo pro wrestlers and weed out anyone with standards.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lamuella posted:

he also won a won award for being "most obnoxious". shout out to a real one

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I liked the Lance debut because it's clear he was there just to mess Cody. He wasn't looking to do any heavy lifting. Just enough to get in his head, which Lance did.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yep

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That debut was funky as hell. eccentric

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How the hell did that post end up in this thread!?

LOWTAX!!!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Low Desert Punk posted:

haha, classic randy

Vintage Orton

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

little munchkin posted:

he also won a won award for being "most obnoxious". shout out to a real one

and he responded to that by naming a jobber on UWF programming "Davey Meltzer"

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Strawberry Panda posted:

That makes sense why in the Roppongi Vice vs Young Bucks vs Hardyz ladder match I went to Trent took all the craziest, most dangerous bumps.

They had a match WK where he does a tope and everyone just moves. It was vicious.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Everything Kota Ibushi does.

Including but not limited to: getting lost between baggage pickup at the airport and the exit, and not knowing who Vince McMahon is.

Shine on you very beautiful, very stupid, and very weird diamond.

Some Kota stories I remember off the top of my head. A lot of these come from the podcast with Kushida that Chris Charlton translated some of the weirder story

He gets changed in hallways to not annoy people and once Michael Nakazawa got yelled at in a changing room for being messy, after Nakazawa left to take a phone call Kota pretended not to know him

Kota has literally no hobbies and doesn't understand why people have them. He doesn't understand golf and fishing makes him angry. Kushi said that he enjoys reading and Ibushi said that he tried to get into reading but it annoyed him because someone wrote it to make him imagine things and now he doesn't trust books

Of course he does have hobbies like shooting himself with fireworks for fun

https://twitter.com/MonrovianPrince/status/1012206733966573569?s=19

And investigating typhoons

https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1183021714822746112?s=19

Also he plans to live well into his 100s

https://twitter.com/AHROOMEE/status/1230367184464957440?s=19

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 17, 2020

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Troy Queef posted:

and he responded to that by naming a jobber on UWF programming "Davey Meltzer"
No, that was at his first taping.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Reminds me of the story told by, I think Paul Heyman?, about how the Steiners and Sting would gently caress with other wrestlers on highways. Like Rick would reach over and open the door to another car while driving. And Heyman prepared for this by locking the doors, so Steiners/Sting just threw trash at the car.

Wrestlers on the road are a different breed. I assume the cocaine probably helped cause that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Kota Ibushi regularly gets lost walking from his condo to his gym when he's had both for over a decade. Kota once got lost going from a US show to the hotel that was less than a block away and Kenny freaked out and demanded to know who was supposed to be watching Kota because he absolutely knew it would happen.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just a year or so back Ibushi left his phone in his hotel room and wandered off without bothering to check which hotel he was in. He spent the night roaming the streets.

This was in Japan. You know, the country he has lived in his entire life and knows the language of. The man is an idiot. A very handsome, talented idiot.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
100% of Kota's brain capacity is allocated to wrestling, so everything else kinda has to get by with whatever scraps of processing power that happen to be available.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dude is like an RPG character where they maxed out his athletic ability and charisma and treated intelligence as a dump stat