Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Moonsaults: 99

Intellect: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DJExile posted:

Moonsaults: 99

Intellect: 1

Somebody help me, my family is flying

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Accident Underwater posted:

Ahahahaha

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What would Ibushi's old school D&D stats look like? Well, let's see

Str: 18
Con: 18 (maybe 17, he did get that stomach thing once)
Dex:18
Cha: 18
Wis: 3
Int: 3

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

here comes the spunk posted:

What would Ibushi's old school D&D stats look like? Well, let's see

Str: 18
Con: 18 (maybe 17, he did get that stomach thing once)
Dex:18
Cha: 18
Wis: 3
Int: 3

There's no way a man who doesn't trust books because they put imaginary people and places into your head would ever be able to play Dungeons & Dragons without going absolutely apeshit and destroying everyone's character sheets.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

these Kota stories are the most I've laughed in 2 days, thank you, please provide more

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

these Kota stories are the most I've laughed in 2 days, thank you, please provide more

A series of tweets, as Kota Ibushi comes to America for All In (these are google translated):

quote:

Aug 30, 2018 1:16 AM:
I'm going to Chicago!

Nothing happens this time.

quote:

Aug. 30, 2018 12:46 PM:
I arrived at the airport.
Do you take a taxi to the hotel? Why are you going I haven't got on it. Where is it?

This suitability without saying anything ...

No, I'm excited after a long time. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. All in sorry.

quote:

Aug. 30 2018 5:19 PM
After all. I lost everything except my passport, coins and costumes.
I'm sorry to be abroad.
The wallet is the most troublesome.
I want to finish soon

Kenny comes to save him:

quote:

Aug. 30 2018 9:54 PM
@KennyOmegamanX
Arrived in Chicago and I’m happy to report that the Ibushi situation is all taken care of. This only happens when we travel separately, I swear.

The day after All In, back to Kota:

quote:

Sept. 2 2018 2:44 AM
I had a lot of fun this time.
I also want to have something negative for me next time.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns positive.

I just love the progression from "I'm going to Chicago and nothing bad will happen this time" to instantly "I've lost everything I own"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the real reason Ibushi didn't get brought over to AEW was because he'd get lost constantly

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

the real reason Ibushi didn't get brought over to AEW was because he'd get lost constantly

I'm actually kind of amazed that Trips and the gang didn't somehow trick him into signing a contract when he did the Cruiserweight tournament. "Here, this paper just says to sign if you love wrestling, do you agree?"

That, or trapping him in the giant net that they used to capture Drew Gulak. They tried to get Sabre with it but he just contorted his way out.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Ganso Bomb posted:

There's no way a man who doesn't trust books because they put imaginary people and places into your head would ever be able to play Dungeons & Dragons without going absolutely apeshit and destroying everyone's character sheets.

I meant those would be stats if you wanted to role play as Kota Ibushi

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Accident Underwater posted:

Lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually kind of amazed that Trips and the gang didn't somehow trick him into signing a contract when he did the Cruiserweight tournament. "Here, this paper just says to sign if you love wrestling, do you agree?"

That, or trapping him in the giant net that they used to capture Drew Gulak. They tried to get Sabre with it but he just contorted his way out.
I'm just imagining Drew having to deal with brutal indy crowds after the story about Rory broke and he might actually be better off in WWE where a bunch if their fans don't know

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
When Ibushi showed up to the Cruiserweight Classic he was walking through gorilla and Vince came up to him to go over the match. Ibushi had no clue who Vince "loving" McMahon was so he gave him a high five and pushed right past him to the ramp. Naturally this made Vince offer him a contract.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here’s Kota getting pranked into having a match with Aja Kong on a random street in the middle of the day

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7ry57x/ibushi_kota_on_a_japanese_prank_show_being/

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

When Ibushi showed up to the Cruiserweight Classic he was walking through gorilla and Vince came up to him to go over the match. Ibushi had no clue who Vince "loving" McMahon was so he gave him a high five and pushed right past him to the ramp. Naturally this made Vince offer him a contract.

It is well known that Vince only respects people who neg him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

It is well known that Vince only respects people who neg him.

Not to Kota lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Not to Kota lol

I choose to believe that Kota is such a pro graps idiot savant that he instinctively understood exactly how to deal with Vince.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Here’s Kota getting pranked into having a match with Aja Kong on a random street in the middle of the day

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7ry57x/ibushi_kota_on_a_japanese_prank_show_being/

hahahahaha this rules

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

Incredible, it's amazing how he just instinctively starts selling and kicks out at 2 cause you know the Golden Star ain't gettin squashed lmao

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Please continue with Ibushi stories if you have them. I know very little about him or even Japanese wrestling, but it's been the first thing to cheer me up in days. :)

I hope he gets to wrestle the virus in another bizarre-and-probably-inappropriate gimmick match one day, and beats the living poo poo out of it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Answers Me posted:

Please continue with Ibushi stories if you have them. I know very little about him or even Japanese wrestling, but it's been the first thing to cheer me up in days. :)

I hope he gets to wrestle the virus in another bizarre-and-probably-inappropriate gimmick match one day, and beats the living poo poo out of it

This is Kota Ibushi being used as a weapon in a match in Pro Wrestling: EVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjE5NiWpv0

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lamuella posted:

This is Kota Ibushi being used as a weapon in a match in Pro Wrestling: EVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjE5NiWpv0

lmao holy poo poo

i love that beautiful idiot

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've never heard anything about Ibushi before right now and I'm so delighted that he's basically real life Goku

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Low Desert Punk posted:

on the same shoot cornette talks about dynamite kid randomly gimmicking people's drinks in the car, including the driver. loving insane carnies

Does gimmicking in this context mean adding piss, laxative, or sedatives?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

the yeti posted:

Yes

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

the yeti posted:

I think it was usually halcion on GHB

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Yeah halcion was a favorite of ribbers in the 80s and 90s. They would gimmick anything you left out

"Hand on top of the drink" - Lance Storm

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I've never heard anything about Ibushi before right now and I'm so delighted that he's basically real life Goku

https://twitter.com/early90spants/status/943206723883376640

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:discourse:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

he was correct

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

wrestling owns

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This is amazing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Almost forgot to post this

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrasso/status/1035704343863984129

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ibushi is the first man who people have suggested Pro Wrestling as a more stable career choice than whatever the gently caress else he wanted to do.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't know if I could even envision Ibushi in another career. Imagine him trying to be a regular-rear end salaryman. It's like the premise of some comedy show.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If Ibushi weren't a wrestler he would probably be either a circus performer or an MMA fighter and I don't believe that there's any possible in-between.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Answers Me posted:

the classic Ibushi story is the time he had a match against Kenny Omega in one of the biggest and most important venues in Japan, the Nippon Budokan. Supposedly, they were taken aside before the show and told specifically not to do any high risk moves like jumping off the balcony, or they would be banned from the venue.

Kota Ibushi received a lifetime ban from the Nippon Budokan (though it was overturned a couple years ago when NJPW started running the building for big shows again).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

dordreff posted:

the classic Ibushi story is the time he had a match against Kenny Omega in one of the biggest and most important venues in Japan, the Nippon Budokan. Supposedly, they were taken aside before the show and told specifically not to do any high risk moves like jumping off the balcony, or they would be banned from the venue.

Kota Ibushi received a lifetime ban from the Nippon Budokan (though it was overturned a couple years ago when NJPW started running the building for big shows again).

What they said: "Kenny and Kota, we want to make sure you're listening. Don't do high risk moves in this venue. They don't want anybody to jump off the balcony. It's likely that we'll be banned from the building if anyone disobeys, and what I want the two of you to do is to set a good example."

What Kota heard: "Kenny and Kota, we want to make sure you ______________ do high risk moves ______________. ___________________________ jump off the balcony. It's ____________________________________ what I want __________________."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

That brief moment when you can see he is legit considering fighting the entire crowd rather than Aja :lol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

iirc Kota's dad was some bigwig at like an electrical company or something. He would have had an easy gig for life but immediately threw it away because literally all he's ever wanted to do was wrestle