Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Captain Log posted:

Anyone enjoying TA:2 so far? I've only unlocked one card, but it's like Dominos. I'll have a bunch more unlocked soon.

Also, doing No Money Spent collections is a little hosed. I'm down to the teams with 90 overalls, and sell all my excess cards every night. I've got maybe 40K stubs, and six teams with at least one 90 overall. This poo poo is going to take a while, but at least TA:2 has more high value packs in it.

Their dropped Ranked missions in two batches also means I'm barely going to play ranked until the second batch drops. If I'm trying to complete the program through points, it makes the most sense to play when I can double-dip.

Grinding along. I did two of the extreme moments but honestly got annoyed at one and just quit and moved on to my relaxed playing.

I haven't bought up collections yet, but I've got about 250k stubs left to buy in the AL and 180k on hand, and a lot more on the NL, so that's not happening soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

MJBuddy posted:

Grinding along. I did two of the extreme moments but honestly got annoyed at one and just quit and moved on to my relaxed playing.

I haven't bought up collections yet, but I've got about 250k stubs left to buy in the AL and 180k on hand, and a lot more on the NL, so that's not happening soon.

I’ve just got the dodgers left in the NL thanks to pulling Acuna. But hoooo boy, are the Dodgers pricey.

Despite Ohtani being my favorite player, I can’t hit or pitch with him worth a poo poo. But apparently they fixed his pitching motion this year?

The problem is they give him as much control as a shotgun firing spaghetti. Sure, he isn’t Maddux. But he also isn’t Blake Snell.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Big content drop solves a lot of things. New conquest, two programs, new mini season, double XP weekend and quadruple XP cap and the new programs and mini seasons have 40-60k XP per, rather than 4-25k. Seems like they've finally accepted that their pacing on the season track was way too tight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

MJBuddy posted:

Big content drop solves a lot of things. New conquest, two programs, new mini season, double XP weekend and quadruple XP cap and the new programs and mini seasons have 40-60k XP per, rather than 4-25k. Seems like they've finally accepted that their pacing on the season track was way too tight.

They need to keep adding choice packs. I understand they might want to put a week or two between a pack being in the shop and a chance to earn one for free. But I'm not even done with Live Series yet, and still have a a gigantic amount of cards I've not seen sniffed. I'm at 188 Season One cards, and doubt I'll hit 280 by the start of Season Two at this rate.

I started back into ranked seasons when they dropped the second batch of missions. It just makes more sense to play when you can earn the most points, because I've got no illusions about getting to World Series through ranked alone.

I'm not at 11 - 1, and it's kinda a curse. I'm so loving worried about my stupid little record.

I know I'm going to get pummeled into the earth pretty soon.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

I grabbed the two shop captains packs. Technically you could buy them for 40k and sell the cards for 48-50 for a quick flip if you'd like, because people want to stock them all up.

The Ortiz card is insane for the new Mini Season, with 99 OVR and maxed out stats vs righties. I think I may hold on to him. Santana is really in meta conversations in Ranked I think, because getting a team of 10-13 switch hitters and getting a huge contact boost seems to be very very good in high ranked. Less important in my purely offline play so I'll probably flip him back out before the pack shows up in a program somewhere.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I got the Kershaw card because Dribble works and whatever a bunch of lefties in the team isn't the worst thing in the world. I'll probably get the Santana one later when I get too frustrated with that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have no idea why, but I rake with lefties far better than righties. Even lefty/lefty, I'm a menace.

But if a person pitches me inside righty/righty, I'm hosed. I literally think it has something to do with how I hold the controller or look at the screen. I simply cannot hit inside pitches righty/righty.

If I got the Kershaw and Santana captains, I might never lose again.

I'm now 12-1. I matched with a person 100 points over my ranking with a God Squad including DeGrom. He hit me for three in the first inning, and I thought I was hosed.

Then I shoved DeGrom so far up his own rear end the dude quit by the end of the third.

:stare:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I have no idea why, but I rake with lefties far better than righties. Even lefty/lefty, I'm a menace.

But if a person pitches me inside righty/righty, I'm hosed. I literally think it has something to do with how I hold the controller or look at the screen. I simply cannot hit inside pitches righty/righty.

If I got the Kershaw and Santana captains, I might never lose again.

I'm now 12-1. I matched with a person 100 points over my ranking with a God Squad including DeGrom. He hit me for three in the first inning, and I thought I was hosed.

Then I shoved DeGrom so far up his own rear end the dude quit by the end of the third.

:stare:

Righty/Righty I just used to sit up and in and wait for something straight and try to be early on it to launch it. Worked okay. Once you launch one people generally won't throw there again nonstop. Online I just try to throw sinkers down and in until the opp shows me they can hit it then I'll start mixing it up, but half the time I could just throw that one pitch constantly or sliders out of the zone and never need to do anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

MJBuddy posted:

Righty/Righty I just used to sit up and in and wait for something straight and try to be early on it to launch it. Worked okay. Once you launch one people generally won't throw there again nonstop. Online I just try to throw sinkers down and in until the opp shows me they can hit it then I'll start mixing it up, but half the time I could just throw that one pitch constantly or sliders out of the zone and never need to do anything else.

Right now, my God Squad is an even split between lefties and switch hitters. I've reached the point where I'll sub out Griffey for a righty if they're pitching a lefty starter. But some of my lefties have better splits against lefty pitchers than righties.

The one righty I'm a loving monster with in any situation has always been Jimmy Foxx. So of course he isn't in the game yet.

This is how I'm immune to people spamming righty/righty sinkers. They just don't have the chance to try it for more than a batter. If they spam lefty/lefty inside pitches, I'll eat them.

Also, Ohtani is a lot better of a pitcher this season. But his control is so bad, I find him unusable. Which is sad, being as he is one of my favorite players.