Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Out of curiosity what hitting difficulty do you guys stick with?

Been playing the series just about every year since 11, still woefully bad and have to re-teach myself every year, but I’ve never found a reason to go beyond veteran or veteran plus in dynamic. Is that about the sweet spot for challenging but still fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I really hate the change in developing they started with a few years ago. I don’t play online let me be Willie loving Mays at catcher or whatever

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone else have around a 90% plus chance of hitting into a double play against the cpu? I’ve resorted to just bunting a man over it’s gotten so annoying and looking for a ball up doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any trick to this?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone else have around a 90% plus chance of hitting into a double play against the cpu? I’ve resorted to just bunting a man over it’s gotten so annoying and looking for a ball up doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any trick to this?

Said mere moments before being doubled off a bunt

I’m having a blast here

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I find if you treat hitting like a magic eye puzzle and unfocus your eye/focus on something in the background and react based on that depth perception vs. trying to focus on the ball itself is far more successful.

Not sure if this was directed at me. Good advice that I’ll give a shot but I’m not so much having problems getting wood on the ball as I am with the game knowing the situation and getting easy grounders no matter what or who I have batting

Edit: just realized i haven’t looked at adjusting game sliders. Maybe that will help

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 13, 2020

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sounds like they made the same mistake 2k did with their mycareer

That’s really disappointing so I’ll be skipping this installment

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ace Jameson posted:

One thing that helped me a lot in terms of hitting was to turn off the strike zone. It was loving with my depth perception and it caused me to chase pitches that were right on the corner. Once I got rid of it I started getting more selective and looking for pitches I could actually do something with.

Thank you for this. It’s helped me as well

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Still new to diamond dynasty and just doing single player modes, is there any reason I’m missing for why every throw to first base is an adventure? I’m averaging 4 errors a game because every throw pulls the first baseman off the bag

Do I need to have every member of my infield in original positions and no secondary positions? My 1b is an actual 1b just to try and fix the issue but it didn’t work

Trying to see what the point of secondary positions are at all if they still play defense like they’ve never seen a baseball

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Forgot to mention I have fielding on auto and throws just button to base no meter. I just play to pitch and bat

And it seems to only be first. I’ve walked guys to set up a force to second it’s so hopeless

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah, try out the button accuracy thing, it would honestly probably take you 5 minutes of fielding practice in custom practice to get the timing down (it never changes, it's the same timing no matter who is throwing and no matter to were, so it's just a matter of learning what holding for exactly 1 second or whatever it is feels like) and then you'll at least never gently caress up a throw

If your guy is dropping the ball at 1st that might be a fielding thing but if he's being pulled off the bag that's usually a bad throw

Thank you, I switched to this and haven’t had the issue since

One more thing I’m not sure anyone can actually help with. I really hate the “hit a home run” missions because I feel like I luck into dingers more than anything

Does it actually make a difference doing a power swing over normal? Feels like i whiff on pitches I normally wouldn’t when I go for power. Also I’m guessing I’m not missing any other secret on hitting home runs besides timing on a pitch up. As often as hit a HR is the goal I’m starting to think there’s a home run button I’m not aware of to be pushing

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks all I’ll give it a shot

Also lmao at Prince Fielders arm constantly clipping into his body on this latest daily mission

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Maybe a dumb question I’m new to DD

I got pretty lucky with pulls and just playing a lot so my outfield is full (kiner, acuna, Tucker with lofton squeezed to pinch run/late inning defense for kiner)

So I’d like to try marte in infield. Right now have tatis and cover Baez. Would those who know say he’s better than cover Baez? 2020 88 version

Edit: ignore all this, I’m assuming it’s the 93 version and yea he’s better than Baez

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 5, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there some kind of vision bonus or anything for doing power swings? I never actually try them unless I’m doing the Hit a Homerun challenge and even then only once an ab or so

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Negro leagues has caused me to be the most excited I’ve been for a sports game in years

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Buck O’Neill is such a ridiculously good hitter for me

Have him playing over several 95/97s

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just stacked a righty killing lineup and mowed through charisma showdown on the third try. Castillo only lasted two batters to my shock, I’m NOT GOOD at the game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What exactly is the trick to bunting? I’ve read it used to be abused and still can to an extent against the AI but I either miss or foul every time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea my question was specifically because of that dee gordon love actually lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This is the gold 84ish rated Dee Gordon were talking about, yes?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok this Gallegos mission on showdown is quite difficult to the point I’m wondering if they forgot to give you more outs to use or less runs to overcome

There we go. The old complain on the Internet trick wins again

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 29, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok there’s no way Nick Martinez is more difficult than Gallegos and Rogers which I guess is good news when I eventually figure out Rogers

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Newbie question, is there a way to know your player is a diamond fielder by looking at the card itself? I don’t know they are currently until the game starts and I see the icon

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

MJBuddy posted:

90 FLD stat is diamond. So you can plan around high 80s if you parallel them as well.

That’s embarrassingly obvious thank you

For some reason I just went by reaction as the one to watch

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have charisma Ricky and charisma Biggio they are perfect stealing on the basebaths so far. I am currently 1/4 with the new Berti and I can not fathom why

One tap leadoff full stretch wind up he’s sniped just now. I’m losing my mind

Perfect perfects dying at the warning track or landing directly into an infielders glove feels awful and I’m not sure why that’s so prevalent this year

Edit: Perfect x2 with AARON JUDGE just scraped the wall lol

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 16, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Team affinity East with no checkpoint rewarding you with facing Jacob Degrom is so hosed lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seems to be the case with incognito too.

Haven’t managed to get by round 3 and no exploit found. Even the base runner seems random. Can’t put a speed guy at 8 expecting him on base. Hopefully complaining on the internet helps

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Am I being unpatient or are there less programs so far? Feel like their was a new Showdown every weekend last season but may be remembering wrong

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Season just turned over nvm

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’ve only played DD for the last two years. Have they always had this many repeat of player cards? Feel like last season didn’t have 4 Eddie Murray’s or whatever but could be mistaken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Trying the complaining on the internet trick but also is anyone else banging their head against Nick Lodolo specifically in the classics showdown?

If he isn’t pinpointing every pitch to where I can do nothing with it, I’m hitting perfect perfects directly into Ellys glove