Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I got my team’s uniform and logo set up as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Welp, never doing showdowns again. Had a run I could never hope to duplicate in the 1st inning one to get to the final stage 15-13 and stacked with diamonds. Played for 10 minutes against Jansen in practice mode to get a feel for his stuff and it still ended it 15-15 when I did it love. gently caress that. I just want to play with my DD team against the CPU with some hope of getting something other than the post game billionth of a chance at a diamond. I could play way too many games on conquest again to get 10 packs I guess.

If you’re after the Team Affinity cards, you can always play March to October to get them. A complete season and World Series win on Veteran (takes ~5 hrs) gets you 52 team affinity points for the team you choose to play with. That’s what I’ve been doing for some of the harder Showdowns (gently caress the NL East with Scherzer as the 2nd red mission on All-Star).

I’m currently in a Braves MTO and my team traded for Sir Didi, Trevor Story, Ketel Marte and Shohei Ohtani without giving up any of the starters, only prospects. On his debut, Ohtani went for a 15 strikeout 1 hitter and also went 3 for 4 with two HRs, a 2B and 6 RBI.

Edit: I want to say it gives you a bunch of XP and stars as well, since I’m already approaching 360 stars and silver L1. I have played and completed a bunch of Showdown as well, though.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 2, 2020

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I just hit silver 1, took Posey (because gently caress the Yankees and gently caress that Gary Sanchez 87 card, I don't care if he's a cheat code I'm not using him), completed the "awards" collection, cracked the Ballin pack and pulled the new Ty Cobb. Dude plays like the Ichiro card last year with slightly more power.

I’m a Yankees fan and I didn’t take the Gary Sanchez card either because I can’t hit that well with him for some reason. Also that Mondesi card is loving broken. I’m glad I tried him out in the AL Central showdown as he hits SO much better than his stats.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

There's no The Show 21 thread yet, but count me as someone who hates how Sony was forced by MLB to release their game on an inferior platform. They had to remove features (namely Sounds of the Show and Year to Year saves) I loved from previous versions of the game on the new PS5 version just because the Xbox doesn't support them and MLB required feature parity.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Deathlove posted:

E: also doing this Perfect Catfish challenge, multiple people are 0-3 in the 8th inning, not really a thing that can exist in a perfect game 🙄

also for some reason it had the #9 hitter come up 2nd in the 9th inning, then the last batter is Buxton.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Just started playing diamond dynasty, got my first diamond player in a pack.

Oh cool, the presentation is kinda fun, was hoping for a pitcher but this guy has a bat...oh hi Mike Trout :staredog:

Congrats!

I've personally had really abysmal pack luck this year. The worst of any year since they started the mode. Must have opened at least 500 non-choice packs (I stupidly spend saved up stubs on those 50 pack boxes instead of on players I want/need and I've completed all the programs and conquest maps). The only two diamonds I received from them are Devin Williams and Verlander. Also received Trevor Bauer and Chris Sale from BIAH packs (out of a ton of these packs as well). Also stupidly bought at least 10 headliners packs and don't think I've even received more than two gold cards from them - mostly getting silver cards, including all the free headliner packs that were given.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Should have started flipping cards earlier. Made almost 500k over the weekend starting from just 15k on Friday night. Bought Tatis to be my starting SS and he's raking for me in a very small sample size against the CPU on All-Star. The one strike out was because I let the game load without pausing while I got a glass of water.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

This lightning Kyle Schwarber card is loving insane. Will probably be the best C card we'll get until the very end of the year.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm just real nervous about the 75 arm strength against how many good 99 speed/stl players there are

I’ve been using Posada at C so I’m not really worried about the arm strength. Also I’m not good enough online for it to matter much anyway (I can’t play this game online without a noticeable delay despite having very good internet - 1000/500mbps down/up)

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I'm dumb because I bought the new game yet again despite never playing online because I can't deal with the constant cheesing. I do like the collecting cards aspect, though. Hopefully this year's game gets rid of the website throttling they did midway through last season, since I liked to spam refresh cards to get up to date pricing information.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

blossommirage posted:

The mobile app was pretty useful last year, iirc. Really easy to update and check on stuff.

I... may or may not have used a tool that relies on the website API to determine which cards have the best profit per minute, sales per hour and can buy/sell cards with a single click. It's how I was able to finally complete live series collections for the first time ever.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I really wanted to get Buxton with the choice pack, but all my nontradeable FOTF cards were outfielders except for NL West (Cronenworth). Mullins, Acuna, Robert, Haniger and Reynolds were my others. Ended up choosing Clase (who is nasty) even though Buxton was what I really wanted. On the bright side, Haniger, Acuna and Mullins are loving amazing and easily my three best performers on my team.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I don't play against human players, but what exactly is the downside to playing with pitchers who are "out of energy"? It doesn't seem to have all that much effect against the CPU and I just leave them in most of the time anyway.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

Out of energy completely makes your pitches insanely inaccurate

I guess I just never noticed because pinpoint pitching this year seems inaccurate in general compared to last year.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

Still new to diamond dynasty and just doing single player modes, is there any reason I’m missing for why every throw to first base is an adventure? I’m averaging 4 errors a game because every throw pulls the first baseman off the bag

Do I need to have every member of my infield in original positions and no secondary positions? My 1b is an actual 1b just to try and fix the issue but it didn’t work

Trying to see what the point of secondary positions are at all if they still play defense like they’ve never seen a baseball

If you're using button accuracy throwing, you'll always throw the ball properly if you stop the meter in the green zone. Most people have players on secondary positions all the time.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

MJBuddy posted:

Mini Seasons is the most lucrative offline mode, but grinding the Mystery Conquest is slightly better for PxP because you can run the same pitchers over and over and face easier pitching from the other team and also bat three times.

For Monthly players, you could buy them up from the store and sell them back once you finish up.

I'd argue that mini seasons is also the best for (hitter) PxP because you can set your home stadium to those cheese ones that have 300ft distance walls in a stadium with an altitude of 5700 feet.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Moe_Rahn posted:

I love this loving game, I hate this loving game

Can’t get your hopes up on a Trout pull if you know what color lights you get on a diamond pull corresponds to which rating.

85-89 purple
90-94 blue
95-98 red
99 gold

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Lol the Aaron Judge I pulled when he was like an 87 was just upgraded to 94

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

barnold posted:

I've pulled 3 live Shoheis so far, but no Trout. every time I rip a diamond and see that Angels logo I get excited. but I have not reached the promised land yet

not complaining about the ~380k I was able to dump the dupes for. but I'm so close to finishing the live series

I pulled 4 Angels diamonds this year and they were all Raisel Iglesias when he was an 85 diamond. I still do not have trout or ohtani.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

How do captain boosts work? I have Buxton and when I click left on the lineup it says that I have 11/11 players with < 60 vision so that Tier 3 is active, but I'm in a conquest game and it doesn't appear to have boosted my players? Trout is on 1st right now, for example and he's still at 90 speed.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

Did you actually assign him? There's a button that says assign as hitting captain and you have to do that

If it works you should see your captain boosts in the lineup screen when the game is loading in, along with the gray up arrows on the people who are being boosted

Thanks, that is exactly what I was missing.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I am not great at this game, so I switched from Buxton to Arenado as my cornerstone. I really like it because I cannot hit well with low vision players. I'm getting a lot more perfect perfects and good swings with the slightly more forgiving timing windows. I also really like Arenado's swing and hit well with him despite his not great attributes. Team is definitely slow, though, so I'm only using the T2 boost to get a few more players of my choice in the lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Is anyone’s progress just gone? I logged on this morning and it is showing me as having 0 stubs and it wants me to create a new DD team