Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I managed to pack the diamond J Hey the other day and I'm really excited to unlock Chipper. 19 year old me is gonna go ape poo poo over the early 2010s Braves team I'm accidentally building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I finished all the Hall of Fame ones without ever having played on that difficulty in the like eight years of this series. Kinda proud of that. Tried to do the American League ones and got to Kluber and Mize back to back and my brain fried

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I'm really excited for the d'Arnuad card tomorrow. His postseason card was amazing for me last year.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

TA2 is incredible, Cliff Lee is an absolute monster and I love him. I also unlocked Jim Thome and the Mets shortstop prospect guy. No opinion on them so far because I suck at hitting and just live to get Ks in ranked seasons.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

ok I cilpped them together

this is all from ONE GAME on veteran against a like 70 overall pitcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBU4AguAig

I know not everything can be a hit but come on man lol

Should have power swung, coward. :colbert:

But yeah, perfect perfects are turbo nerfed this year.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Pitches on corners that get perfect perfect hits on end up going foul sometimes. It's absurd.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I pulled Tatis as a low diamond, and as a high diamond, but no Trout. I bought five Maddux headliner packs, but got Orel instead. Kinda weird, but I have gotten diamonds from them. Also an Eddie Matthews from a random TA pack, I think.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

My friend tried getting into it, but he just found it absolutely impossible to hit, even on rookie. I didn't really know what to tell him other than "Okay, buy like... LS Joey Gallo". He started having fun with conquest after that, at least.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Made a new account recently, and I was kinda surprised how quickly you can throw together a good team. Currently 8-1 in ranked seasons, and the one loss was against a person that was doing a lot of bunting stuff, which I usually struggle with a lot. First game online I played I hit a walk off home run with Travis Shaw. Still lacking in the bullpen, but I'll probably get closer with like TA3 Hader and stuff.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Grats! Chipper is my favorite player of all time, I'm super jealous.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

High power Big Sexy needs to happen. If we get relief pitcher Rizzo, we should get this.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, the ballplayer stuff is awful this year. They tried to give you more flexibility, integrating it in all the modes, but they really sacrificed the soul of it to get there. Being a two way player is cool, it's neat to carry him to DD, but oh my God the progression system is terrible.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The menus could definitely use some improvements, yeah. Ranked online is fun, just play that a lot and eventually you get dudes is how I end up doing it most of the time.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

A full set of the live series cards gets you a good card of a former player. Or like Ryan Zimmerman. If you collect all those for a division, you get a division collection card, if you get all three of those for a league, you get a league card, and if you get both of those you get the collection reward. This year it's Chipper, the AL one is Ortiz, and I don't remember who the NL one is. The rest are usually good early in the year, but taper off as better cards come out. Chipper and Ortiz are still super great cards and probably will be until the end of the game cycle, though.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Buying live series diamonds off the community market is pretty much the only way you're going to get all of them unless you spend an insane amount on packs. I gave up on getting Chipper until last night when I saw how cheap Acuña, degrom and cole have gotten. Trout still costs an arm and a leg, but the goals in sight now!

If you don't want to do collection stuff, just mess around and try and find players you like IRL and see if you like using them in game as well. Team Affinity, Player Programs, and Monthly Awards are pretty good for finding them if they aren't former inning bosses, or ranked/BR/event rewards. Former requires playing, latter requires stubs. Or just being good at the game, but that's for suckers.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I feel like an old, because after I spend part of my video game time working on my created player I end up playing Conquest. Rapid fire three inning, bite sized games with a bunch of rewards is fun and levels up everything.

Except for the requirements requiring online play. After encountering two rage quitters in my first two games, I'm not sure I want to open up that can of spring loaded bullshit.

You will quickly grow to hate Marlins pitching prospect Edward Cabrera.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Ozzie Smith moments are pure evil, yeah. Cabrera is just really hard to pick up, can't see the ball out of his hand at all. He has a normal wind up. Usually it's just like Lefty Grove or Cy Young that have weird wind ups that take forever.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Clearing all the conquest maps for TA4 on rookie has ruined my ability to hit online. Do not be like me.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

What's different about the PS5 version? Every video I've seen it seems pretty similar except you have to play in ugly custom stadiums online.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

It's kinda strange, but I assume it's something about the backend of how player attributes work they can't fit. Super weird regardless.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hello, are you interested in hearing the good word of our lord and savior FS Adley?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Anyone heard the bushes shaking in regards to the loving lockout messing with the release date on The Show 22?

Not sure what the precedent was when the covid shortened season happened.

The other day, I read that SDS apparently has an agreement with the players union in case this happened. I guess everyone saw it coming. Kinda bummed we aren't gonna get the Tampreal Exrays in 22 though.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Apparently Nintendo leaked the collectors edition with Jeter on the cover. Dreading the Re2pect card series.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Never mind, the Jeter thing was fake. Instead, we get loving ANIME.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1488875583161479170?t=HyLnAmbXnuo92UjC3SWqvg&s=19

Let's go anime losers! We're on a video game!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I loved his cards early in the year, but god I could NOT pitch with him at all.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah that's pretty normal. Games fun factor usually peaks around the 7th inning, then when Finest is out for a bit, fun is dead. Launch is the most fun though because it's the only time that you get to use Mike Moustakas Live Series as a competitive card in Ranked Seasons.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Some nights you just feel it. it can't be explained.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

ihatepants posted:

I'm dumb because I bought the new game yet again despite never playing online because I can't deal with the constant cheesing. I do like the collecting cards aspect, though. Hopefully this year's game gets rid of the website throttling they did midway through last season, since I liked to spam refresh cards to get up to date pricing information.

The mobile app was pretty useful last year, iirc. Really easy to update and check on stuff.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

At the level of psycho where I'm planning out how to use the 25k stubs before the games even out because I found out there's a Panda card in the Big Dog set.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Showdown is kinda fun if you just rawdog it and skip right to the boss. You really make every at bat count instead of subconsciously going "literally everyone is a 99 and is imbued with the powers of a greek god why aren't i winning yet" as you get into 0-2 counts constantly.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Oh yeah also I got Sasaki up to p5, he's so drat good. Just look at those stats topped out

Ah, I'm so jealous! I'm really hurting for starting pitching and outfielders right now. I got the 99 Darvish but he's really the only starting pitcher I've liked so far. Even Glavine let me down, and I'm usually great with him!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

It really sucks to have played a lot during set 1 and 2 and know that going back would mean none of my cards will work.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Women in RTTS is super rad so far. I remember asking a developer if they would ever add it as an option like fifteen years ago during a twitch stream, and he blew off the question like it was crazy. I feel pretty vindicated seeing how much care went into the narrative.

RTTS plays like it did before 21, away from the ballplayer stuff, back to in game stat increases and at bat feedback. The new fielding stuff keeps it pretty fun too.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I love Maddux too much, plus my outfield is already full of Griffey, Mantle and... some kid on the Nationals? I don't remember his name, but he's pretty good.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I like maddux too but Buxton has 26 hits for me on All-Star and 17 of them have been home runs, the guy is absolutely bananas

Okay, so 17 home runs is pretty good I guess, yeah, okay, I guess this is why god invented the DH.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Well I mean we're talking about Buxton he's diamond fielding with 99 speed, I dunno what we're talking about a DH for haha

Well not just diamond fielding I think he's like 99 fielding 88 arm strength 86 arm acc

I guess Mantle might be better I dunno but Buxton is probably better at fielding than someone you currently have in the OF for sure

Probably definitely yes, holy balls.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I ended up trading Maddux in for Buxton. My entire team hits way better, I easily beat most of the team affinity conquests with only Padres and Astros to go, and I packed Trout. Who has under 60 vision. All hail Lord Buxton.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Is Nolan Ryan good in this game? I've never used his cards, and locking in Trout is scary. But a 90 overall pitcher....

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

In my experience playing online, Toni Stone gets on base every single time due to hit by pitch. Weird, no idea what's causing all the pitchers to throw directly at only her, but it's working out for me I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, the seasonal stuff this year and last year absolutely kills the game for me. Not to mention all the pack buying they force, we've really gone down hill in just two years.