Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Just what I needed. 30+ profile icons to go with the 200+ icons from the last 7+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Popete posted:

So for us plebes who didn't wanna spend extra money for an early unlock what time does this game unlock? Hopefully tonight.

For NA it releases 9PM PDT. Adjust to wherever you are located.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doing the Ivan evolution moments. The second one is to get 3 hits in a game. Tried about 10 times but no dice but did hit a few home runs. Noticed one of the moments later was just to hit 1 HR in a game.

Decided to try that and now all of a sudden I’m hitting balls in all the gaps. In the five games I tried I had 3 hits in 4 of them but no homers to close the moment.

FML. I’m done with game for the night.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

if you're gonna buy something just to play The Show, get a gaming monitor with the high refresh rate and a delay of no more than 2ms, and it should save you some money over a new TV. plus you don't want the resolution, you want the framerates, so a 4k tv won't help as much.

The PS5 isn't a gaming computer. The refresh rate and frame rate is fixed for games so no matter what monitor you have it won't help over a TV. The delay will help but there are some TV gaming modes that are low enough where even that is negligible unless you are talking budget TVs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The ratings will always be a problem when the main point of a game is to sell as many card packs as possible.

Ricky Henderson could have ♾ for Base Stealing and I would still think it’s a little low.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ihatepants posted:

There's no The Show 21 thread yet, but count me as someone who hates how Sony was forced by MLB to release their game on an inferior platform. They had to remove features (namely Sounds of the Show and Year to Year saves) I loved from previous versions of the game on the new PS5 version just because the Xbox doesn't support them and MLB required feature parity.

As an avid The Show player I am personally thrilled to get this on Xbox so I can embarrass all the people online who haven't played a real baseball game in a decade.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TheFlyingLlama posted:

if you are a primary RTTS or franchise player 100% do not buy the show 21. DD is fun, and if you're a primary DD player... lets be real you're gonna get it anyways, but for everyone else it is absolutely not worth full price and honestly idk if it's even gonna be worth the 20 bucks it'll cost on sale in all star weekend.

The only silver lining is that frankly they're taking a LOT of poo poo on socials for how bad they've hosed up RTTS so hopefully it goes back to not being trash after this year...hopefully

I haven’t tried RTTS yet but from what I have read it is for a specific player now. If you want to only play a single RTTS player and not multiple ones while also not being a 99 demigod then RTTS is for you. So yeah, if you’re like 6% of the player base you are good.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

maniacripper posted:

I missed the MVP baseball series so much, this game plays exactly the same. Still figuring out pitching because it'll say my timing was perfect yet it wont hit anywhere near my location. I guess pitchers have a confidence bar for each pitch that will throw some random roll on your pitch location? Seems fine I guess. I absolutely suck at hitting but that'll come with time. The other goons saying the fielding is janky are right, fly balls a little beyond the infield that are clearly outfielder balls don't even have the outfielder break on the ball like he should IRL to be in position to switch to him, nope your stuck back peddling the shortstop or second baseman at penguin speed,
Also, accidentally dropped 160 real US petrodollars on stubs because the Microsoft store doesn't have any kind of confirmation that an actual business transaction just occurred, and just kicks you back to the page where the item you bought was. So now I can't return it. Looking forward to having all Mike Trouts on my Diamond Fantasy or whatever its called.

What should I be doing to unlock more 90+ guys?

Looks like you already found the way. That and play the programs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The servers took a poo poo so let’s see how it plays out when they unfuck themselves.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That’s why I use directional. I just push the drat button.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inside the park home runs don’t count for hit a home run goals. That’s some bullshit.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

For moments they count. It was pretty much the only way to do the Clemente Dinger Moment like 2 weeks ago. It might have gotten scored as a triple and an error?

That was probably it. Still stings though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Captain Log posted:

Roberto Colon not being a playable character is a crime against humanity, by the way.

Calling him Roberto ranks right up there with it.

I know it’s auto-correct.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So they are doing a live reveal of the cover athlete on YouTube. They had a countdown for another countdown. Now they they are watching the countdown with no idea of what to say so are just having small talk with each other and overall not talking so they don't accidentally say who it is.

Edit: It's Ohtani which everyone was predicting. It's on the Switch this year, too.

Edit: Xbox showed the reveal on their Twitch channel but Sony and SDS did not show it on theirs.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 31, 2022

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They just need to have Griffey on the Collectors every year. I usually get the Hall of Fame edition but Jeter is giving me pause. I guess digital HoF for PS5 and normal Switch for physical so I don’t have to stare at Jeter on my shelf. gently caress the Yankees.

My special items from last years game that I had on PS5 transferred fine over to my game pass Xbox edition of the game so no worries there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

As long as it’s the only version you play and offline only it’s fine. They did a good job on the port.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All the old timers windups are excruciating. Messes up my pitch timing when I go back to normal pitchers. The dead ball era wasn’t because of the actual baseball but the hitters fell asleep waiting for the windup.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GOTY

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think I’ve said this last season but the batting timing difference between PS and Xbox is insane.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Grem posted:

How do? That doesn't seem great for a game with crossplay

My kid plays online on Xbox so I asked him about it when he was over tonight for UFC. He said he has crossplay disabled because PlayStation users just are teeing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Walked posted:

I've been considering picking up The Show 24; but have no interest in the story modes or online play. Is the franchise mode worth the pickup of the game? My gut says yes based on all the reviews I've seen, but without a demo, I figured I'd ask for thoughts before I spend the coin

Do you have PS+? They have a demo for 23. Gameplay wise it’s 99% the same game to give you an idea if it’s for you.