Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I've been considering picking up The Show 24; but have no interest in the story modes or online play. Is the franchise mode worth the pickup of the game? My gut says yes based on all the reviews I've seen, but without a demo, I figured I'd ask for thoughts before I spend the coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Wellllll poo poo

Picked this up.

My main game these days is Street Fighter and I just wanted something less mentally taxing than high level fighting game play; figured franchise mode to run some seasons as the Os was gonna be a nice diversion

Turns out the whole pitching mechanic scratches the same exact fuckin itch just at baseball pacing. Lord this is gonna be my couch-game for a while and I can already tell.

Also re: coop I’ll jump on anytime as a newer player if anyone wants to get that going sometime

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Can someone confirm what changes between gameplay styles? From Casual to Sim to Competitive? Is pinpoint pitching more strict? Is zone hitting more strict? What actually changes in the gameplay?

I cant find a descriptive answer to this question and I feel like I'm missing something

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there anything like online leagues with team creation and fantasy drafts or is the bulk of this game just grinding for points and cards? I've never explored the more grindy elements of this game and don't think I care to.

A 12 team goon league would be super cool I think.

I have no idea if this is possible but i agree it would be sick and I'd be immediately in