Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

KDdidit posted:

I'm amazingly getting worse the more I play Diamond Dynasty, despite having an all gold lineup. Lost my last 3 on Rookie and I'm pounding .13 HR a game :batuka: Just doing the big Conquest map and holding off until there's nothing but bases left. Hit 250 M fans on it and got Frank Thomas last night at least, not that I can hit with him.

Put the controller down until you have two strikes.

There's a bit more to it obviously but I'm phone posting.

Also the AI in conquest is a lot more aggressive than in past years, they're hoarding up and attacking.

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Really wanted to get the Yankees MtO done but the first game against the Orioles and the batter's eye is just atrocious. Discouraged me from even finishing the game.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What's the steal cheese? Cause I would have hoped it was fixing stealing home and my catcher just stands there like an idiot but nope! Just happened again.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Alright, getting in to more online play. Rather than improve my play I am just going to blame my hardware and buy a new TV. What are some things I'm looking for? 4k, I guess? Uh, game mode? But that's pretty standard right?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I'm sort of on the opposite side, I drop my PCI at the last moment for no good reason.

I will usually yank to whatever side the ball is going for no good reason. Fastball inside but still in the zone? I'm trying to swing my own dick off.

I have been thinking about getting a little bumper or something to go in the stick well to keep me from being able to go so far to one side but who knows what other repercussions that would have.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Most of the time when a pitcher comes up to bat I throw straight fastballs cause lol pitchers.

Gonna stop doing that after the dude I was playing threw one right down the middle and I smashed a 3-run HR with Greinke to take the lead in the 8th.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Aguilar's moments for June are pretty ridiculous.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just pop in, make your team by letting the computer pick the best players and play some conquest. It's pretty Risk-ish and easy to follow.

Then spend $100s of dollars buy packs because you can't beat the Dodgers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's some rewards for every ranking step you get but unless you're pretty high up there it's not much. Some player programs like Jackie Robinson require online hits or runs.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Why the hell wouldn't you ph in that situation?

Is this bait!?

He had a low pitch count and I didn't really care much about winning at that point. A 2 run lead is usually pretty insurmountable for me in most cases, but yea I probably should have ph lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There is, you have to find an mp3 of it and download it from a thumb drive via "sounds of the show" or whatever. Then set it to your home run song. I'm not sure if it'll work online, though.

Also drat all the phase 3 guys are prestige-able.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I do wish I could play a franchise mode with my DD team.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

KDdidit posted:

The CPU will only attack if they have at least a +2 advantage on your hex and since your reinforce stage is after theirs you can easily make sure you only use the minimum amount to reinforce and leave the rest for your “attacking” hex.

They also want to almost completely surround you, or at least did in previous years.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Lots of other stuff is hosed up and you really have to pay attention to your runners or they will be the most bone headed bitches ever. Today I had a guy go halfway between first and second on a foul out to first base.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Uh, the market is doing weird poo poo. I built up enough stubs to buy Cody Bellinger and got him, but my stubs weren't subtracted. So I guess I'm going to finish out some collections! Actually not sure what's happening, sometimes I buy a card and it takes way less stubs than advertised. Am I just buying poo poo for the 10% fee tax?

Grem fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 22, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Well gently caress that about to buy a bunch of the cheaper diamonds. Tried to buy Trout and it said insufficient stubs but literally everything else is at a huge discount so fuuuuuck it.

E: I found it and I think it's repeatable, but a little up to chance. You need enough stubs to afford whatever you're buying x2 . Go into the market and find the card you want to buy. When you're on the screen where you can buy wait for a while. You want someone to buy it at the price listed. Click buy, if that buy order is gone it will say no order found, but will subtract stubs (sometimes) . If you try to buy it again you'll purchase again before your stubs are refunded your stubs will be refunded and you'll have the card.

Don't @ me if this doesn't work for you!

Grem fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 22, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

After a few hours of flipping cards for free I have completed the collections, even Trout, and am thoroughly looking forward to getting hate messages about my bought team as I play in the mid 300s.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Nope, I was using the exploit I posted above to get free cards and selling them. What took the longest was the four times you have to connect to the market for every card!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, buy it now, so I just keep it on the screen and wait a few minutes, browse the forums a bit, so I'm sure it's gone. It seems to only work when they subtract the stubs even though the order was gone and you didn't get the card. If you buy again between when the stubs are refunded and the first attempt to buy you get the card for free.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, it happened a few times but most of the time it came back. Godspeed, I'm really not sure how reliable it is.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm sorry Stefan :( maybe I just got lucky by poo poo internet and messy prime time servers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Extra inning rule certainly brings out the worst in me. Bottom of the 10th inning, Trout starts on second, I put in Lofton, steal 3rd,suicide squeeze to get home. But all of a sudden I understand people who have been using bunt cheese poo poo for years, that was way too easy.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Got the World Series reward for the first time in ever. Really like that they just give it away at 40 wins, probably to hook Xbox users, hope that keeps up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I cannot recommend enough using Anthony Rizzo as an opener in ranked seasons.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hold back towards the base on the stick instead of leaving it neutral. Don't take more than one step.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Grem posted:

I cannot recommend enough using Anthony Rizzo as an opener in ranked seasons.

Okay I did a better thing. Walk off home run to mercy rule a guy in the 6th using Rizzo. God drat I love this card.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What difficulty are you playing on? That PCI is huge. Meaning the timing window and pci placement to get a perfect/perfect is probably huge, too, and you can't really hit off the tip of the bat on an outside pitch and expect a home run even if the game says its perfect/perfect.

I notice my perfect/perfects get a lot more consistent at higher rankings online.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Veteran, this was just grinding conquest to clear TA and missions so I want to run up stats if I can

Keep in mind also if you're judging based on my on screen PCI I have outer on and inner off, just so I can see the ball a little better, that's not the inner PCI you're seeing

I was talking about the bottom left.

I just don't think perfect/perfects are all that reliable at lower difficulties, hitting a perfect/perfect on Hall of Fame still gets me some line outs but I've also shot one right back to the pitcher and they got taken out of the game for a concussion, can't argue with those results!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Being able to get World Series rewards for getting 40 wins has been a God send for people like me with more time to play than skill.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm over getting missions for bullshit like "saves" and "holds" since I haven't been able to play past he 6th inning with a lead once this week. People either destroy me or quit as soon as I go up by one.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

He can get a decent team juby doing Team Affinity stuff this year. Best pitcher in the game is a reward and they're dumb easy to get.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Doing rookie Tops Now moments gently caress me up for a few games.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm moving Schwarber in for Sizemore in RF until he's level 5,at which point he'll move to C. My outfield will be Finley, Trout, and Schwarber and I'm okay with that for a while.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I have over 500 ranked games played and have not even tried to monetize anything. But I can reach world series!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

blossommirage posted:

Made a new account recently, and I was kinda surprised how quickly you can throw together a good team. Currently 8-1 in ranked seasons, and the one loss was against a person that was doing a lot of bunting stuff, which I usually struggle with a lot. First game online I played I hit a walk off home run with Travis Shaw. Still lacking in the bullpen, but I'll probably get closer with like TA3 Hader and stuff.

If you didn't already know, pause, go to defensive position or something like that, change to the batter they bunt with (or anyone fast), put 2b IN and 3b in Bunt Defense. 1b in Bunt Defense, too, if you're still having trouble.

I want that Harper for BR, and I just realized you can get the rewards without going 12-0, which is great, cause I suck. Summer is ending soon, though, and I gotta go back to work, not sure I'll make it!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Now you are obligated to play ranked seasons (seriously it can be pretty fun and the best pitcher is free)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Complete every program day 1 like me and you won't be confused hth

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Baltimore on Rookie at Shippett. Right now the current inning missions use Extra Innings, so that might help. You can play those on Rookie, too. And go ALL THE gently caress OUT for the missions if you're playing like that. My "missions" team is all Tops Now 1st or 3rd basemen besides the catcher for the inning missions.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Trout was one of the choices for the 90+ player pack at the end of this inning for me, I don't know if they vary. I took it, and sold it...for 157k, that's dirt cheap compared to where he was. (It's still like $100 real dollars, though)

Grem fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I was intimidated by online for years but it is extremely fun.