Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i haven't played this year's version yet, but if it's anything like every other year i played, the cpu will sometimes lay off a pitch that a real person would have swung at, but if you can't get them to chase, it means you're not throwing a good combo of pitches and mixing up your locations well enough tbh, i can usually get the cpu to swing at a put out pitch out of the zone about 75% of the time, the issue i have is that they often will foul off pitches that they really should have no business making contact with and then force me to come back into the zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

probably. the sinker is typically a little faster and breaks more laterally so i prefer it

the rtts pitcher i have been rolling since 14(?) has a sinker, a cutter, a slider, a screwball, and a knucklecurve.

my reasoning is i have a hard biting breaking pitch i can throw for strikes but can also get chasing swings (sinker), a hard-biting breaking pitch as an out pitch (slider) something that breaks in on the hands of same-handed batters (screwball, but you can also use the running FB), something that breaks away from same-handed batters (some type of curve), and i just prefer a cutter to a straight fastball because i can run it up and in to lefties and saw them off real good

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No year to year saves means I am likely never buying another game again. I have a pitcher I have been working on since like The Show 14 or something and I am not giving him up. But they honestly have been pushing me out with the archtype bullshit and attribute caps. I spent 5 in-game years turning my guy into a 99-across-the-board demi-god and it's a goddamn video game and if I want to do that I should be able to.

Not to mention getting rid of being able to turn off variable strike zone and making me blow no hitters when I drop a 3-2 change a half a ball inside the black low and in and it gets called a ball.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 15, 2021

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah absolutely never buying this game again, just riding out 20 until my ps4 burns out

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

still sounds like poo poo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

one tip that really helped me was to look above the strike zone toward the batter's eye and "unfocus" your eyes almost as if you're trying to look behind your television. for whatever reason it really helps me to recognize the initial release of the ball which goes a long way toward identifying how the ball will break and ultimately where it's gonna go. stopping yourself from swinging at balls is half the battle and this is what got me to do that more consistently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jabro posted:

That’s why I use directional. I just push the drat button.

fuckin same