Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Took me a couple tries, but I beat the 1st inning showdown last night. Opened the gold live series pack, and it turns out it's a diamond. I run through the animation, and, well, here

edit: lol and I just got Freddie Freeman as a ranked seasons game reward, I am blowing my luck early this year

Rogue Copter Pilot fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

KDdidit posted:

I’m magically playing better on Veteran than Rookie.

Hard same. Ball comes in way too slow on rookie

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

my PSN is roguecopter if anyone wants to take on the Newport Robber Barons

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

Ratedargh posted:

You can Play vs. CPU but there isn't a whole lot of incentive to do so in general, but there will be times you need to in order to further a program. For example, you have to beat the Yankees on All-Star in the Granderson program. I think they stopped including Play vs. CPU rewards after 2017.

Other than that...some of the moments will use your roster but that's about it.

You don't have to even do that to get Grandy necessarily. I ended up sticking DJ LeMai.. Le... gently caress it I'm not looking that up, gently caress the Yankees. Anyway I stuck him on the team until I got the XBH I needed

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

I just hit silver 1, took Posey (because gently caress the Yankees and gently caress that Gary Sanchez 87 card, I don't care if he's a cheat code I'm not using him), completed the "awards" collection, cracked the Ballin pack and pulled the new Ty Cobb. Dude plays like the Ichiro card last year with slightly more power.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

KDdidit posted:

Did an MtO with the Angles and it was fun enough. 1st game of the WS vs the Nats and I got put in the Game up 6-0 in the 6th. CPU was kind enough to do it off Strasburg so I didn’t have too. Easy enough, while I’m not much of a hitter, I can pitch well. A 3 run and 2 run homer later and I sweat out a win. Next game enter down 5-2 in 6th against Scherzer, doomed. LaStella hits a solo in the 6th and even though no one else has hit it hard, they take him out in the 8th and I tie it up. Trout walks it off in the 9th. Last 2 games were uneventful.

So far I FotF Ohtani is a worse pitcher than the regular one for me, but it’s only been 5 games.

I did it with the Sox but I've stopped after the ALCS because I'm maxed on affinity points for right now and I'm not sure if any earned now will show up when they expand the team affinity program, so I'm just gonna wait. Devers rakes though.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

Yeah this is a new set up. Last year you could see the whole affinity track right at the start.

Excited for the 2nd inning drop today. I'm probably gonna take Hanley for sentimental purposes. Maybe I'll stick him in left field and pretend he's Manny

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

Grem posted:

Alright, getting in to more online play. Rather than improve my play I am just going to blame my hardware and buy a new TV. What are some things I'm looking for? 4k, I guess? Uh, game mode? But that's pretty standard right?

if you're gonna buy something just to play The Show, get a gaming monitor with the high refresh rate and a delay of no more than 2ms, and it should save you some money over a new TV. plus you don't want the resolution, you want the framerates, so a 4k tv won't help as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

yeah i find i'm GIDPing more when i swing at that first pitch after getting someone to first. gotta be patient in that scenario. the first pitch just looks so tempting though...