Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Honus Wagner definitely feels like the easiest of the hitter programs so far, considering that I finished it inside of a day. Not having a bunch of pain in the rear end multi-game moments helps, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
One of the things that still bugs me after years of it is the weird insistence on only going "off the scale" for certain stats on the legends. Like, I get that when you're trying to scale the stamina of someone like Walter Johnson against a present-day pitching environment, or Ty Cobb's contact, when your rating system considers a 99 to be "the best" of the current era, okay, maybe you have to go higher than that sometimes. But then you have Rickey Henderson, who somehow has "only" 99 speed and stealing, instead of about 140 or whatever you would expect for a player so superlatively good at a particular aspect of the game.

Don't get me started on stuff like the prospect ratings... three different Dylan Carlson cards, all with different stats, 99 overall Jo Adell who's played less than a month in AAA, literally everything about Brusdar Graterol... it's just a shitshow.

Ratings inflation is a problem in every sports video game, obviously, but I play MLB The Show the most, so it's what I'm most familiar with. Unfortunately we aren't going back to the days of NHLPA 93 with 1 overall Shawn Chambers any time soon.

Moe_Rahn fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 3, 2020

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

KDdidit posted:

Do they do the 2K thing where they give cards unnatural positions? Need some lefty catchers other than Kung-Fu Panda's switch hitting C secondary.
I used Kyle Schwarber at C in the lefty-hitter moonshot event, he's trash defensively (because it's his secondary) but if he connects he'll crush a baseball.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

TheFlyingLlama posted:

depends on the card, and the standards seem incredibly weird. 1999 chipper jones gets SS as a secondary position off the 1 inning he played there that season, but the SS Gary Sheffield was a primary SS his first 2 seasons and he doesn't get it.
Craig Biggio played exactly two innings at catcher after 1991 (in 2007, at age 41, for some reason) and every single one of his cards is a secondary C.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

KDdidit posted:

I bought 1 HR Derby pack and got the good round and picked Judge, as his live series was the first good diamond I got. Sucks they nerfed his defense from the LS card, but whatever.
At this point I have three different Aaron Judge cards (HRD, live series, '18 cover) and their speed and defense ratings are all over the loving place from one to the other. Apparently between 2017 and 2020 he got slower, but developed a Bo Jackson cannon arm to make up for it.

...man, I'd love a Bo Jackson flashback.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Grem posted:

Lots of other stuff is hosed up and you really have to pay attention to your runners or they will be the most bone headed bitches ever. Today I had a guy go halfway between first and second on a foul out to first base.
If AI baserunners are dumber than they are in 20 it's honestly kind of impressive.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
My first name is only in the game as a last name (although there's a first name that's off by one letter), and there's only an alternate pronunciation of my last name. So every time the announcers say my guy's name, it makes it seem like they're reading it for the first time ever without preparing, and getting it wrong.

Still beats the NHL series, which only has my middle name as a commentary option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh