Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Shouldn't the forum be renamed then? Without the RSF part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Dash Rendar posted:

any suggestions?

I'm fine with gently caress midichlorians, it's just not an RSF, so it shouldn't be labels rsf. Rodger Lodger is better, I'll give you. Or Goon Con 2009 if you don't want it to be starwars specific. gently caress Midichlorians should be retained as a subtitle regardless.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

reignofevil posted:

We have a new subforum title everyone! I think it's super duper neat and I hope everyone enjoys!

Do Eurogoons pronounce it "Cee-Fee Wee-Fee"?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The Hard Sci-Fi Hardline subforum?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Fantasy fone..line?

I'm just foning it in at this point.

Genre gaol

Horrible nerd space for nerds

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

https://youtu.be/FGBhQbmPwH8

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Did Disney agree not to release the non-special editions as part of the purchase, or do the Disney execs just want to focus popular attention on the new product, or is Disney out of touch enough to not realize the demand, or did George destroy all the original prints at some point?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

If you've got a master / high quality print you could just make a new transfer in high res. A little bit of digital touchups and badda-bing-badda-boom "Original Theatrical Release" on Blue-Ray. Of course if Georgie boy ate them all that's not possible. And if they're looking to replace home video sales with Disney+ (and who wouldn't) the marginal benefit to the service probably isn't worth the cost.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

:justpost:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

This just popped up in my YouTube recs. Arthur C. Clarke knew what's up.

https://youtu.be/sTdWQAKzESA

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Star Chat Thread: Jeffrey Is The Senate

CainFortea posted:

I am curious what percent of Sci-fi Wi-fi the prequeldome makes up

By page count it's just over 45% of the first page currently.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 10, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Scare quotes around "wholly original" in describing the sequels please.

Otherwise yeah that all seems fair.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Sifey wifey-dias

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Days late, and not sci-fi related, but:

Roth, why would you do this to yourself?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

May you have a better time than cda. Or, uhh, anyone else.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Xinder posted:

I'm 20 minutes into my first (and only) viewing of Rise of Skywalker and this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I am so angry at everything that is happening on the screen.

It's ok as long as you shut your brain off. Don't think about what's happening on screen, really don't think about other Star Wars films, and if you can keep that up it's a C- action flick with serious plotting issues.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

When the third film in a trilogy establishes it's main plot point in the opening crawl (or fortnite) you're on ground shakey enough as to be actively having an earthquake from the word 'go'.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

what this forum needs is more threads dedicated to arguing about the relative quality of the star wars movies

I'm glad somebody said it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

NVM, I might need to buy a windows key for my friend in a day or two, will put this back after.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 14, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

karmicknight posted:

I can't believe a movie I have never seen and everyone I've talked too cannot describe to me in any detail made a bunch of money. Like Avatar is this complete blind spot for my culturally where no one I know retained any information regarding it.

Seeing it get a sequel after (number) years is just as wild.

You didn't miss anything. I think I saw it in 3D, and the only reason I saw it at all is because it was in 3D. And I think it was because my brother got free tickets or something...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Why ain't we got a spooky title? Something like The Sci-Fi Die-Fi, unless that was last year's...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Svengoolie presents: The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Scare-Fear Were-Faire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Somehow, Halloween Returned