Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I entered one for Mario Kart 64. Can't remember the time or anything but it was good enough for a shirt and phone card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I had the same question the first time I saw Booster, he really does seem like a weirdly close knockoff for not just being Wario. I guess it'd be weird either way, Wario would seem kinda out of place in that storyline, maybe better to just have a completely different character. Regardless, the quieter intro theme to his tower is pretty awesome, it's weirdly sad & epic for such a crazy weirdo.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Looking it up, seems that Knock Out! is an unused enemy spell that should have done 9,999 damage to all party members, aka a full party wipe spell. Why it did nothing instead I have no idea.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

You can start voting for who you'd like us to bring to Land's End/Bean Valley/Belome's Temple now! It can be any of the five characters, and if we decide we don't want Mario, it'd be easy to make the generator to apply to anyone.

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 27, 2020

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The randomizer is hilarious. All my characters are glass cannons who are massive attackers and no one has magic defense. Two fights have had bosses way out of my league so far

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Re: "Only 200 more battles until I get General Leo"; I'm pretty sure that's a reference to early Internet rumors. Similar to how there were a lot of rumors about how to save/revive Aerith in FF7, General Leo's death in FF6 spawned a few rumors about how to get him to join your party. The specific one being referenced here was IIRC something like you had to win 255 battles in a row at the Colosseum (a series of 1v1 fights where you didn't have control of the character you sent into battle, and both sides "wagered" an item). On the 256th fight, you had to wager a specific item and you'd fight Chupon (like you would if you picked an item the game didn't like), only he'd have a different item instead of the Potion or whatever that would normally be the house's wager. If your AI-controlled character could beat Chupon before he Sneezed you off the battlefield (basically a 1HKO), you'd then bring the item you won to General Leo's grave in Thamasa(?) and he'd be resurrected and join your party.

As for party voting, I'm going to put Team Royal up: Doug Bowser DJ Nintendo, Peach Toadstool Miku, and Mallow Mallow.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

There was another rumor where you had to fight 1000 Brontosaurus to get the item.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We don't know how many installments there will be fore FF7R. Squeenix has yet to say.

As for FF7R, it says on the box that it's a PS4 Exclusive for 1 year. So expect it on Steam April 10, 2021.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Characters morphing into other party members/enemies, always a treat. Anyway, as for party members, how about, Peach, Bowser, and Geno.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It's about time a boss gave you some difficulty. :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know how anybody can play this with a keyboard...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It's about time a boss gave you some difficulty. :v:

Audio drivers: Mario's greatest foe

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Have to say, Countdown having the dummyed out party wipe attack sure makes that fight a bit more intense. :stare:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

UED Special Ops posted:

Characters morphing into other party members/enemies, always a treat. Anyway, as for party members, how about, Peach, Bowser, and Geno.

It's hilarious but its also giving me weird vibes because years of playing this game as a child has cemented the idea that a character sprite suddenly morphing is bad, like when a mushroom changed back into the character after an attack because it means they're dead.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Our next team is definite Bowser and Peach, but it's a tie between Geno and Mallow. First person to say Geno or Mallow will see them in the next area.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Mallow because in mine he's horribly broken

Also you guys do know that the up arrows on the equipment means that it's a 50% increase during battle of that stat right? I've seen a few you gloss over that would instantly break some encounters over their knee.

Edit: do you guys know that some of the key items may be part of the music cards sidequest?

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 7, 2020

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

You can start voting on who you'd like to see in Nimbus Land/Barrel Volcano now!

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 11, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shogun are fast because they have a secret: Jumping on a Shogun outside of battle earns you 10 Coins, and doing that 3 times consecutively earns you 1 Frog Coin.

Maple Leaf posted:

You can start voting on who you'd like to see in Nimbus Land/Barrel Volcano now!

Let's go with... Geno, Peach, and Item Master Mallow.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Voting for Peach, Geno, and Mario, as clearly Mallow can't be trusted not to just consume multiple items every single fight.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Kheldarn posted:

Shogun are fast because they have a secret: Jumping on a Shogun outside of battle earns you 10 Coins, and doing that 3 times consecutively earns you 1 Frog Coin.

Let's go with... Geno, Peach, and Item Master Mallow.

This team because you deserve mallow and him making life hard :getin:

Also yes you should get the songs at tadpole pond done asap to ensure no key items are there you need right away. You shouldn't have key items with the attack scarf or super suit (theoretically based on the stuff chosen, I think the randomizer prevents key items from being mixed with regular item drops to prevent soft locks)

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

IIRC, Culex does normally offer you the chance to leave without fighting, but the randomizer removes most dialogue, and probably assumes that you know Culex is in there and if you're going in then you want to fight.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

The vote is tied between Mallow and Mario! The first person to say either of their names gets to see them for Nimbus Land/Barrel Volcano.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Bring forth Mario, although it is unfortunate that A Plumber's Lament will probably be one of the things skipped by the hack.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

UED Special Ops posted:

Bring forth Mario, although it is unfortunate that A Plumber's Lament will probably be one of the things skipped by the hack.

Oh, I didn't count UCS Hellmaker's post when I tallied them. This is embarrassing, I'm sorry; the vote was actually 2-1 for Mallow :sweatdrop:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
:getin: with mallow the item destroyer. Also because I want you to have some challenge in this fun adventure.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently if you get 3 stars on one of those roulette treasure chests you get the same thing as 3 mushrooms or 3 flowers, ie a frog coin.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Maple Leaf posted:

Oh, I didn't count UCS Hellmaker's post when I tallied them. This is embarrassing, I'm sorry; the vote was actually 2-1 for Mallow :sweatdrop:

I have been bamboozled! :cheeky: Will nothing be able to stop Mallow's endless hunger for items?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For the Roulette: Two mushrooms gets a Recovery Mushroom, two flowers gets a Flower, and two stars grants you a rare Rock Candy. Matching all three of any type gets you a Frog Coin.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

There's only one world left! Vote for who you want to bring to Bowser's Castle/the Factory!

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 26, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that Dodo fight where the feather normally is, is what happens if you fail the minigame.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well Peach certainly showed Mallow who to real item destroyer is, dang. As for the final team, lets have... Geno, Peach, and Mario take the fight to Smithy.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Mario peach and mallow.

Team random for the final fight. Also the most pain.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mario, Bowser, and Mallow, but with Mallow in the Random Slot.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

This is what you wanted, thread

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Maple Leaf posted:

This is what you wanted, thread

It's set to private. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

So it was! My mistake.