Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hey, neat. Good way to make this game interesting again. I love it but yeah, I've also seen the normal game a whole bunch of times. Rando Mario will probably end up being a better player than me :sweatdrop:

Minor request: any chance of making the text in the randomizer overlay a bit bigger? It's pretty darn tiny, and tough to read (especially compared to the giganto pixels in the game itself). No big deal if it's a pain or anything!

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

I could, but that would mean taking up more space on the screen. The overlay is current formatted to be as small as possible without cutting off the longest text strings with the current font size. I could fix that by trimming down some of the flavour text, but Olive Branch and I have already recorded up to Marrymore, so you wouldn't see any changes for a hot minute anyway :sweatdrop:

No worries, figured it might not be doable! I like it as something to look at if I miss some of the audio, but it's definitely usable info as is.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

I've made some edits to Mario's RNG, but like I said, they won't kick in until Star Hill.

I never really thought specifically about what Jinx is supposed to be aside from "a bug or something" but this episode got me wondering.

Turns out his actual model is so weirdly generic I just feel more confused after seeing it in detail. He could be almost anything, or nothing. (also it's a good reminder how much better all the models look to me in their SNES-friendly pixelized forms rather than their official renders)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Somehow I usually default to the Mario/Peach/Bowser dream team, Chaos Mario should add some spice to the mix.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just want to express my appreciation for the thumbnail selection, especially the last couple.

I didn't have a regular subscription to Nintendo Power but I always liked those little game challenges/contests they ran. I never saw one for this game but my random story is seeing the record holder for 101%-ing (or whatever >100 value) Donkey Kong Land for the gameboy, then beating that time by at least 5-6 minutes. I even documented it with a pre-digital photo, but the contest was over and I lost my confidence to send the photo in since I didn't even have a subscription at that point. So somewhere I still have useless physical evidence that I was a nerdish gaming prodigy at one very specific point in time :smith::hf::unsmith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had the same question the first time I saw Booster, he really does seem like a weirdly close knockoff for not just being Wario. I guess it'd be weird either way, Wario would seem kinda out of place in that storyline, maybe better to just have a completely different character. Regardless, the quieter intro theme to his tower is pretty awesome, it's weirdly sad & epic for such a crazy weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It's about time a boss gave you some difficulty. :v:

Audio drivers: Mario's greatest foe