Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Tekkonkonreet is a great and often somewhat overlooked anime film. Possibly because it's not really drawn completely anime style. The story is kind of endearing, bizarre, scary, and really visually stunning. The setting of Treasure Town is apparently at least partially based on the Osaka slum I used to work in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Just popping in to say that although anime is bad I'm glad you guys are having fun.

There's a lot of bad anime because of its mass appeal. I don't really like a ton of it honestly but there are some really good ones.

Escape From Noise

In America you are an otaku if you like anime.

In Japan it depends on the anime. Naruto, Dragon Ball, Naruto, etc.=normal show for mostly anyone to watch or read the manga.
Evangelion=You are an otaku

Escape From Noise

Also Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo. Although Beebop had the better ending

Escape From Noise

Aren't there roughly ten bajillion Gundam series?

Escape From Noise

I'm watching Pop Team Epic now and it fuckin' slaps. Great parody and surreal comedy

Escape From Noise

Woah. This just got referenced.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/f81a84c7b6957e62d7721e8af49baf5c/5e1cba4a4fd467fb-84/s500x750/7e59ffb6f446efba2cc4b5a43cc29dc3db9cabaf.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

take the moon posted:

lmk if theres a less intrusive way than the spoiler tag to spam up the op w/ gifs

:justpost:imho