Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

thinking about the fact that they tried to release "modernized" books with updated pop culture references is a series that has this book in it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

he didn't say closest, though, he said "rachel's close, we might need to do something terrible, go get her"

for all we know, marco might also be the same amount of close, but he's not the one jake chose to go for.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

can we just... pretend this book didn't happen?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

jake's narrative has an off-hand comment about ax being "not one of us", which seems pretty telling :smith:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh hey, it's the only book i like less than the helmacron book! :gonk:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I would love to see more of Applegrant's work, somehow I never got into their other series after Animorphs as a kid but I've always been curious.

But Oz is also cool and very weird, so I'm okay with that too.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

wishing you all the best, dude. that's really rough.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the alternamorphs books were literally the first books I ever read that taught me you could feel disappointment from a book, lol

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Fly is the most useful morph, but maybe too gross for our first one. Let's go with hamster 'cause it's easiest I guess?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Giraffe seems like the most impractical morph for any situation, what the heck.

Let's go dog.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

paw patrol morph is too noticeable, let's go ferret

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm sure You won't have any problems with becoming an ant, considering You is already kind of a hive-mind of the thread consciousness :v:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

let's turn into a parrot and annoy the yeerks to death by mimicking visser three at them!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i want You to get eaten when You tries to acquire a jaguar

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

someone awful. posted:

i want You to get eaten when You tries to acquire a jaguar

this still

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

quote:

Next to you, Marco has gone completely still. His mother is dead. That’s what everyone thinks, anyway. Only you, Jake, and Ax know that Marco’s mother was taken over by the Yeerks. She is Visser Three’s rival, Visser One.

wait so You wasn't included on important stuff like the ant mission, but marco entrusted the thing about his mom's being visser one to You? :psyduck: what is this book

Giraffe is the stupidest option so it's more than likely the correct one

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm a completionist, even for things that suck :colbert: so yes

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

whoof, i forgot this was literally a copy-paste of the david book intro.

may as well give up the box

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

uhh B i guess? I don't really blame Ellimist for not liking You Two, if we're supposed to be some alternate timeline version of david, but the shouting is weird

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

cockroaches are pretty un-squishable, right?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

we might as well just ignore it, like we are the rest of the plot in this book.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

this was so much worse than I remembered, and I remember it being dire to begin with. we don't even get to meet the broccoli aliens and cause their genocide! literally nothing happens!

I feel like I'm just as mad at this as I was when I was 10 :argh:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i wonder why the writer decided to make it "you're fighting them again, but also you don't get your memories" instead of just... having it be the first time? they've had no problem shoving You into already-existing animorph stories until just now. seems weird.

let's take the obviously-wrong choice with the sea creature in it (A)!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

andalite feels like the one kids would rush to pick, so it's probably the trap option, right?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

sure, let's rock out with our hawk out.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

frick you Rachel, we do what we want! Refuse

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Incredible. What an absolutely bullshit book on all metrics. Terrible as a CYOA. Awkward handling of trying to force us into being David, but not really, because You Two didn't actually do anything malicious. Weird rehashes of previous plots without giving the "player character" any actual agency, or really making an attempt to shoehorn You in there at all. It's a shame, because I feel like there's a good core idea in an Animorphs CYOA, or even something more gamebook-ish like a Fighting Fantasy. Too bad we got this steaming pile instead.

Thanks for showing it off and letting me relive my preteen disappointment, nine-gear crow! And thanks once again to Epicurious for the whole thread (and Everworld)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh, gently caress.

I know he had mentioned dealing with heart issues earlier in the thread, but I had hoped his return meant that he was on the mend.

that's just terrible. :smith: condolences to his friends and family, and I'll definitely miss seeing him around the forums.