Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Caught up with this thread just in time for the endgame.

Epicurius posted:

I forget if we ever discussed the different raptors people morph into. Anyone want me to go into that?

I am, as you might guess, always down for bird chat.

:tinsley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Ferret!

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Alternamorphs posted:

“Sorry to disappoint you,” you say, glad to feel that you have a mouth

Mouths. A thing ferrets do not have. :psyduck:

I like how You is acquiring every animal within reach. I never understood why the Animorphs didn’t collect animals just in case. It’s always, “Well this is a spy mission, I guess we have to acquire and turn into flies”. And I’d be, “Are you kidding? I’ve already got a bunch of small and/or inconspicuous morphs! I got a ladybug, a conifer bug, a paper wasp (ouch), a squirrel, a chipmunk, three species of tiny songbird, five medium sized ones, a pigeon, a mallard, a…” (goes on for several minutes as the gang stares in increasing horror)

But anyway, while I do hope we get to use our Giraffe and ‘Yeen, right now it is Dog time. :snoop:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I’m obviously biased towards birds but let’s go parrot! :derptiel:

More importantly!

Alternamorphs posted:

”…hanging on a tree branch over you is a sloth. And she’s hungry. She hangs onto the branch with her tail while her head swings past you. Her tongue swoops out…”

I know they’re confusing Tamanduas (tree anteaters) and sloths, and it’s so funny in ways I can’t explain.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Well Chameleons don’t live in the Amazon so Frog it is. :rms:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Well that was, uh, something. :froggonk:

I guess we try Chameleon* next?

* - By which I’m guessing they mean something in the Anole family. I think calling them “Chameleons” is a regional thing?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

guns blazing. they go hyena jaguar

e:

it's referring to these, I had never heard of that being a regional term!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon
they're slow, pretty large, and probably worse at stealth than the animorphs might think. iirc their color changes tend to be more linked to emotional state, although that could just be in captivity. they're no mimic octopus though, that's for sure.

Yeah I know; I mentioned this the first time we had to choose.

Real Actual Biological Chameleons aren’t found in the Amazon. But Anoles, which are in the Iguana family, are native to the Americas. The Green Anole, native to North America, was often sold as a “Chameleon” in pet stores since they can change color. A little.

They also look and act more like Day Geckos (also unrelated; convergent evolution is fun) and are pretty darn cute:

Seems an Anole was probably the model for the generic lizard Jake turns into way back on the cover of the first book.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

A? :ohdear:

:horse:
I like that You got to turn into a horse and run around and have fun for a while. That was nice. Especially since I’m guessing the rest of the story will be nothing but bad times…

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Next chapter, the Howlers force us into a swimming pool and we drown because we didn't choose shark

You jest, but that feels like the kind of thing this book would do. I vote Andalite, shark, and Komodo dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

nine-gear crow posted:

The rare “both choices lead to a game over” story fork. You gotta love it! So now we have to go back all the way to Decision Point 3A where our choices are:

• Andalite, shark, Komodo dragon.
  • Fly, hawk, Hork-Bajir.

Dammit, I knew I should’ve voted Team Bird… :ducksiren: