Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pick the winner
This poll is closed.
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave 2 13.33%
Ding Liren 8 53.33%
Anish Giri 0 0%
Sasha Grischuk 1 6.67%
Kirill Alekseenko 0 0%
Ian Nepomniatchni 2 13.33%
Wang Hao 0 0%
Fabiano Caruana 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

Hand Knit posted:

Hoist by his own racism.

I wasn't following Radjabov's withdrawal that closely. Did he drop out specifically because Ding and Wang are from China? If it was just out of a general concern over the coronavirus, I would say that he was entirely vindicated in that decision. As much as I enjoyed following the first seven rounds, the event should never have been held on schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die
Candidates has been announced to resume November 1st in Yekaterinburg, with Tblisi as the backup venue. I'll believe it when I see it.

Still shocked that Ding is at -2.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

Carbolic posted:

Candidates has been announced to resume November 1st in Yekaterinburg, with Tblisi as the backup venue. I'll believe it when I see it.

Still shocked that Ding is at -2.

Make that spring 2021.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

there's an hour difference on the clock.

I tuned in a little while ago and thought it was bold of FIDE to allow berserk mode in a classical OTB tournament.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

rollick posted:

Spent the afternoon repeating "Yan Nyep-ohm-nyatch-ee" to myself in preparation for the WC

Actually it's more like Nay-pom-nish-ee...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeg3RDcwWk