Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Spookyelectric posted:

The Tiny D6 system by Gallant Knight Games is a minimalist RPG that is great for introducing kids to roleplaying games. They have a "Hatchling Edition" which is a simplified version of their Tiny Dungeon game, written specifically for children. It's a really neat minimalist system with lots of good framework for homebrewing. Characters can fit on an index card and everything is resolved with 2d6 (3d6 with advantage, 1d6 with disadvantage). "Just enough" rules, lots of room for improvising, not a lot to bog you down.

I bring it up in this thread because this week, Gallant Knight Games reduced the price of Tiny Supers, their superhero "skin" of the system, from $20 to "Pay What You Want," specifically for folks who are staying home and looking for something new to play, or want a simple system for teleconferencing.

Full disclosure: I work with GKG as a freelancer on their TinyD6 stuff, and I'm using a hack of this system for my own upcoming Tiny Taverns game, so I am definitely biased. But I also know several families who introduced their kids to roleplaying using Tiny Dungeon or Hatchling Edition, and their kids loved it. I highly recommend giving it a look.

I don't work for GKG in any fashion and I can back up that Tiny D6 is a GREAT system for kids and families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU