Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I read this for my IRL book group and the best comment I've read on it is "it's a great 70s sf novel". Mind you, if it were written back then it'd be tighter and probably more imaginative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

"The dole" is also British, and has been used since the 20s, I think.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Holden and Naomi have a talk. Naomi hasn't had a lover for over a year and she wants it to be exclusive until it isn't and it ends. No hard feelings if Holden ends it, providing he lets her know in advance. If it's more than sex, Naomi's open to that. She also has eggs in storage, which I guess paints Holden's sperm in storage as being just something space travelers do? I guess it makes sense, what with the radiation and all.

Astronauts freezing their sperm/eggs happens in quite a few sf novels, for obvious reasons, although off the top of my head the only one I can remember is the Night's Dawn books.