Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you checked him every day and bought a fake to replace if he doesn't have real art, You could probably finish the art museum without trading. At least there is gonna be a lot more people with doubles floating around if you do wanna trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you checked him every day and bought a fake to replace if he doesn't have real art, You could probably finish the art museum without trading. At least there is gonna be a lot more people with doubles floating around if you do wanna trade.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm trying to finish my museum by the end of the year.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

ive got real versions of every painting on all my walls and a full museum because i spent months exploiting reddit posters. i wish id just waited

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

ive got real versions of every painting on all my walls and a full museum because i spent months exploiting reddit posters. i wish id just waited

I’m always torn between doing that and just playing organically. I find I play more if I wait though, so since I reset my island I’ve been just taking it easy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I refuse to do any of the reddit/nookazon/turnipspot trade deals because they just feel weird and inorganic. I'll just play and get stuff from my friends and hope herculon posts about having a big spike this week.

That said, I don't know how Nintendo expected anyone to trade villagers via the "in boxes" system through normal friend lists and not using some huge group discord or something. A friend of mine has Egbert in boxes today, and I want him. But in order to convince him to join my island I have to also have an open plot for him, which happens for exactly one day. The chances of both these things aligning through normal play with someone you actually know is basically zero.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Turnips have been low all week and jumped up to 141. I’m hoping for a bigger jump in the morning. Also, the villagers in boxes thing is a drag. The game should treat it like a camper and give you the option of having them force a villager out.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Turnips fell to 124

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

discord posted:

there's a presentation nintendo did on stylization vs realism

shady nook

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

been seeing other screenshots from this, where is the full thing, i need it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Turnips went up to 144. Let me know if you want to sell. I’m rolling the dice for tomorrow morning

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

American McGay posted:

A friend of mine has Egbert in boxes today, and I want him. But in order to convince him to join my island I have to also have an open plot for him, which happens for exactly one day. The chances of both these things aligning through normal play with someone you actually know is basically zero.

Didn't realize how rare this actually was, the one time I encouraged a villager to move they ended up moving to my gf's town a couple days later

I was legit under the impression that evicted villagers might decide to move to friends' islands at any point later on

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finally finished picking up every tiny little doohickey and furniture piece i put all over my island over 1.5 years, customizing them all at harvs island to make them look the coolest, and then slightly rearranging them where they were. i thought my island was dope before but now its whatever the better version of dope is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Didn't realize how rare this actually was, the one time I encouraged a villager to move they ended up moving to my gf's town a couple days later

I was legit under the impression that evicted villagers might decide to move to friends' islands at any point later on

They do. If I ever have an empty plot I never wait to fill it with a Nook mile island villager. Last time I waited, I ended up with some imp’s ugly mouse villager with a cherry hat that looked like he had a red nutsack on his head.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Last time I waited, I ended up with some imp’s ugly mouse villager with a cherry hat that looked like he had a red nutsack on his head.

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

herculon posted:

Turnips went up to 144. Let me know if you want to sell. I’m rolling the dice for tomorrow morning

I will wait to hear your price tomorrow as well, if that fails I will resort to the soulless misery that is turnip exchange as my storage limit has become the antagonist of my past month of play

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They do. If I ever have an empty plot I never wait to fill it with a Nook mile island villager. Last time I waited, I ended up with some imp’s ugly mouse villager with a cherry hat that looked like he had a red nutsack on his head.

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Turnips only went up to 148. I’ll open my gates around 9:00est

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Gates are open. Stop by if you want to sell turnips or check the place out. I’ll be afk

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

herculon posted:

Gates are open. Stop by if you want to sell turnips or check the place out. I’ll be afk

oh no I just added your switch code

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HORMELCHILI posted:

No worries. I’ll add you and open back up

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HORMELCHILI posted:

I added you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Missed you looks like oh well next time, sorry

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HORMELCHILI posted:

Missed you looks like oh well next time, sorry

They only dropped to 144 if you want to come over later

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

GameCube posted:

been seeing other screenshots from this, where is the full thing, i need it

i don't know

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lost my whole island transferrin save data to my new oled switch. i didnt even know that could happen

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lost my whole island transferrin save data to my new oled switch. i didnt even know that could happen

I did the same thing lol. I had already been strongly considering starting over before the expansion/update anyway so I wasn’t too upset but it’s really weird that it can’t just be transferred normally like any other cloud save

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

That’s harsh.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Does anyone happen to have a large festive tree/recipe lying around that they wouldn’t mind trading? The Christmas balloon recipes have been eluding me and I don’t want to have a tree-less living room for the second year in a row.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I did the same thing lol. I had already been strongly considering starting over before the expansion/update anyway so I wasn’t too upset but it’s really weird that it can’t just be transferred normally like any other cloud save

yeah same, it sucks that they havent found a workaround or anything and also apparently its because of the one island per switch thing. whatever, i might just start over anyway. warning to all imps though, you get a new switch, make sure you go into the settings in animal crossing and turn on island backups

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Fungah! posted:

RIP... I'm sorry dude, that sucks

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

yeah same, it sucks that they havent found a workaround or anything and also apparently its because of the one island per switch thing. whatever, i might just start over anyway. warning to all imps though, you get a new switch, make sure you go into the settings in animal crossing and turn on island backups

You can call nintendo and they can send you your island file bro. They keep it locked up and you have to answer three riddles but they'll let you download it again.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

You can call nintendo and they can send you your island file bro. They keep it locked up and you have to answer three riddles but they'll let you download it again.

called em up, they only got it if you ever enabled backups on your island. gonna try seein if it didn't get formatted when the rest did, if it did then i'm boned

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

called em up, they only got it if you ever enabled backups on your island. gonna try seein if it didn't get formatted when the rest did, if it did then i'm boned

Brutal.. Good luck dude

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If it were me it wouldn't have gone down like that. No chance. I would have enabled backups on my island. Just saying.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Why would anyone not enable backups?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

NienNunb posted:

Does anyone happen to have a large festive tree/recipe lying around that they wouldn’t mind trading? The Christmas balloon recipes have been eluding me and I don’t want to have a tree-less living room for the second year in a row.

The recipes don’t start appearing until tomorrow I think. I wasn’t able to get all of them last year, and that’s one I don’t have. Now I think the villagers will hand them out because I was able to get some missing fall recipes that way.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I updated my dream code if anyone wanted to check out my island

DA-4877-3887-6948

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ooh good idea. I'll update mine and post the code.

Also if you use the NSO phone app (in real life not the game) the Animal Crossing section has been updated and is pretty fully featured and most people don't even know it exists. It keeps track of random things that happen on your island, can track turnip prices automatically, has a section to redeem exclusive items and even lets you browse your entire catalog.

Anyway the reason I bring it up is that on your passport under the dream code section you can actually view how many times your dream has been visited, either by friends or randos, which I've always found interesting.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
DA-1679-0105-9323

Main thing I've been working on since the update is an outdoor events center. Right now we've got a little movie theater and a dance floor area complete with gyroid DJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It is finished