Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol yes. i drove past twice thinking i was missing it until i double-checked my confirmation email and saw that it was in a chevy dealership. the owner was real nice and supportive of everyone dealing with this poo poo but also wouldn't shut the gently caress up about 'this is all gonna be over in a week just watch'

i'm chalking it up to him holding on to some iota of hope because his business is probably hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i have bled

where do people upload pictures these days

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Imgur or attach it to the post.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

is this working

e. gently caress!!!!!!

e2. ok it's grotesquely oversized but whatever

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 11, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

is this working

e. gently caress!!!!!!

Right click on the image at that address, get the image url, and paste that in the img tag.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The only Red Cross blood drives in Dallas are booked solid for weeks. So let this be a donation in good faith.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I know they have relaxed restrictions for gay/bisexual men and people with tattoos, is there any word on if they will finally stop rejecting people who lived in Europe/UK in the 80s? I'm a healthy youngish person with O- blood and I've never been able to donate it because my mom had to marry a British alcoholic rear end in a top hat when I was a kid.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I have been thinking about donating but am afraid of all the COVID of catching it. Do we have any idea of what the risk is in a donation center?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I don't know, but if you don't do it the risk of being a giant wuss is 99.8%

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

IMJack posted:

The only Red Cross blood drives in Dallas are booked solid for weeks. So let this be a donation in good faith.

Dallas has a local bloodbank too, same one I donated to in Fort Worth.

Gangringo posted:

I know they have relaxed restrictions for gay/bisexual men and people with tattoos, is there any word on if they will finally stop rejecting people who lived in Europe/UK in the 80s? I'm a healthy youngish person with O- blood and I've never been able to donate it because my mom had to marry a British alcoholic rear end in a top hat when I was a kid.

I can't remember if that was part of it, but the FDA released new guidelines that touched on some of the travel and oversea blood transfusion stuff. Might be worth looking into.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mooseontheloose posted:

I have been thinking about donating but am afraid of all the COVID of catching it. Do we have any idea of what the risk is in a donation center?

The risk is way less for you than the immunocompromised cancer patients who need your blood, and the workers taking it.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Dallas has a local bloodbank too, same one I donated to in Fort Worth.

Good point. I signed up at the nearby Carter Bloodcare to get a vamp-job tomorrow.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Double post with proof

Hopefully this is enough to fix the broken gang tag of shame

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

An oreo man. I'm a Dad's oatmeal cookies type of guy myself, but we both bleed red

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I like how the :cheers: guy in my av text looks like he's riding the wave

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Amos cookies all the way. I probably shouldn't eat after platelets anyways, since I guess the blood thinner they use gets metabolized? I mean, I should eat, but I shouldn't view it as a free snack. (That's how this works, right? Bleed a pint, eat a pint of ice cream?)

Anyways, I rechecked and realize that I can give every week instead of every other week. There's a max of 24 a year, but I'll probably ask next time if they just want me back in ASAP and I can go lean the rest of the year when hopefully we aren't in a pandemic. Got myself scheduled again for monday though, so three more people can get my goony platelets. It's good to see everyone else bleeding, too. Keep it up!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I forgot to get a picture when I gave. I don’t particularly want another gang tag or anything, but I gave. Y’all should give too. It’s good.

My guy kinda sucked and the needle removal was a bastard. I’ve had worse draws, but I’ve had plenty of better ones.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Did my part

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
I tried to give blood a few weeks back (I'm a 25-time donor) but got deferred because I have a kidney stone that refuses to pass. :saddowns: Once that's taken care of, I can try again.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 24, 2020

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
But my money still spends, at least:
(edit: could a mod make this not gigantic)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 21, 2020

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm going to use the 100th post in this thread to say this:
Thanks for bleeding with me, donating money, and saving lives. Let's end the month strong :coal:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I will donate may 4th. the french establishment of blood (Établissement français du sang) will have a donation site up and running in the town I live in, 8 weeks after my last donation

supposedly I can exit confinement for reasons like donating blood, so gonna do that

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
OK so this will wrap up in a few days and I'll draw the raffle. Current donors stand at:

Vinestalk
HootTheOwl
sweet thursday
JordanKai
Condiv
Square Peg
Scudworth
BlackIronHeart
Endymion FRS MK1
tomapot
Raenir Salazar
ChikoDemono
Dilb
Midjack
Pivo
Ensign Expendable
Mykroft
Subjunctive
MA-Horus
Killer-of-Lawyers
PIZZA.BAT
V. Illych L.
IMJack
Ika
David Corbett
Another Bill
Wylie

and we're raffling off 5 free ava changes. I think a few people offered to increase the prize pool, so please send me the ava change gift codes for that when you can.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 4, 2020

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I offered to up it to 7. And I can be removed from the prize pool.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can be removed too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You can also take me out of the running and let someone else have a better chance of winning.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
You can remove me too

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
You can remove me

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
All right, everyone stop being so god damned altruistic.

Instead of buying an av change for the two people I draw, I will donate $15 to a charity of your choosing. But you must be in fool of sound's first raffle and you must not win in the initial drawing.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Got myself an appointment to bleed tomorrow at the next blood drive, will post pics when it happens.

edit: There are many pasty arms, this one is mine

Wylie fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 30, 2020

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren: The following posters have won a free avatar change of choice: :siren:

V. Illych L.
IMJack
Condiv
Mykroft
MA-Horus

If you won, please PM me (or post in thread) your new avatar image!

Thanks everyone who helped out, and special thanks to sweet thursday for making the thread and scudworth for making the gangtag. You both can also claim free avatar changes should you want them.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Wylie and HootTheOwl, you're the bonus drawing winners. Tell me which charity to send $15 to.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fool of sound posted:

V. Illych L.
IMJack
Condiv
Mykroft
MA-Horus

Thanks everyone who helped out, and special thanks to sweet thursday for making the thread and scudworth for making the gangtag. You both can also claim free avatar changes should you want them.

is it possible to restore an old avatar? i had one that i was fond of with a behatted penguin talking about lumber which i didn't save and which i can't seem to access

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

V. Illych L. posted:

is it possible to restore an old avatar? i had one that i was fond of with a behatted penguin talking about lumber which i didn't save and which i can't seem to access

(you can sometimes find past avatars by changing the last number in your current's URL, this doesn't work if they were different formats, but yours was.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Scudworth posted:

(you can sometimes find past avatars by changing the last number in your current's URL, this doesn't work if they were different formats, but yours was.

sweet, many thanks, this is what i want please

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

for avatar, i'll have to think about it.

i'll put something together by the end of the day today

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Vinestalk posted:

Wylie and HootTheOwl, you're the bonus drawing winners. Tell me which charity to send $15 to.

I'm going to go with the fine folks at the Equal Justice Initiative at eji.org. They do all kinds of good work.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Wylie posted:

I'm going to go with the fine folks at the Equal Justice Initiative at eji.org. They do all kinds of good work.

Boom! Great organization pick, buddy. Thanks again for donating blood.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

fool of sound posted:

V. Illych L.
IMJack
Condiv
Mykroft
MA-Horus

Wow, um, I just recently replaced my av and I like it. Could I gift this to someone? Or do something else constructive with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

IMJack posted:

Wow, um, I just recently replaced my av and I like it. Could I gift this to someone? Or do something else constructive with it?

Yeah you can gift it sure.