Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

nine-gear crow posted:

> Pull out one of the ASoIaF books. Turn to a random page. Shitpost in The Bad Thread about what you’ve found.

A Feast For Crows? Oh, this should be good.

Well this doesn't seem to damning. Wait, hang on. Nimble who?

You head straight over the Bad Thread to share your horror. You wonder if self-isolation will allow GRRM to focus on getting The Winds of Winter finished before laughing at your own foolishness.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

>investigate PS2 collection

You fondly look back over the games of your youth. This collection got you through a very difficult period during college and university and you have a strong emotional attachment to it. It's a great collection of banging games and also Star Ocean III for some reason???

jaclynhyde posted:

That doesn’t sound like enough toilet paper.

> buy more toilet paper

You don't see anyone who's selling any!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Working from home means...

> pants off

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rarity posted:

You fondly look back over the games of your youth. This collection got you through a very difficult period during college and university and you have a strong emotional attachment to it. It's a great collection of banging games and also Star Ocean III for some reason???

Rude! Star Ocean 3 was aces :mad:

It is imperative you fix the TV so you can reacquaint yourself with this classic.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Rarity posted:

Your emotional wellbeing is irked

> Find some Tom Sharpe among your books or possibly on-line to cheer yourself up again. 'Blott on the Landscape' or one of the Wilt stories. If you feel you need a dose of madness, try Bruce Dickinson's 'The Adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace'.
> Alternatively, have some gravy and chips. Soul food just might do the trick as well.

TitanG
May 10, 2015

>Clean your screen jesus christ
slightly damp microfiber cloth if possible

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

TitanG posted:

Yes, clean the monitor!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

How about finding someone to talk to? Check your phone contacts, or discord, or skype. Hell chat with strangers online if you have to.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

klafbang posted:

> pants off

Speaking of which, what is your job? And more importantly, can you claim sick leave by telling your boss that you've totally been infected with the Plague, honest, or at least only pretend to do it to still get a paycheck?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
>Wait a minute x 20160.

We want to play this on hard difficulty after all.

also,

>Check inventory

>Do some push-ups to grind your stats

I am invested now.
We will win this.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
inventory

status

equipment

get hammer

equip hammer

wield hammer

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

inventory

status

equipment

get hammer

equip hammer

wield hammer

The phraser advised against disturbing the hamster. But that was a while ago.
Check in game time.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about a hammer and noch a hamster...

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 21, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

> Check for bulldozers
> Lie down in the path of progress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, you got yourself a present earlier! I wonder what it is!

Hurray, you got +1 toilet roll. Unfortunately it cost -1 toilet roll to make the present. You have 10 toilet roll remaining.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Raid neighbors

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Speculate about nimble dick.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Where's the command to appreciate Star Ocean 3?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

> Check your Neopets account.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
>Say hello to your imaginary pikachu buddy

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Oh sweet, I can help with this.

Order online groceries now. You have to book those well in advance, after all.

Oh poo poo, Tesco is fully booked for the next three months, Sainsburys isn't accepting new registrations, Ocado isn't even letting you browse the website unless you've already got a delivery coming.

Obtain anorak, see-through face mask and some form of tape to construct a rudimentary hazmat suit.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Play Star Ocean 3 and post screenshots to the something awful forums

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Three cheers for surprise thread MVP Nimble Dick Crabb!

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
Turn on Radio

Look outside

Check for infected

Inspect doorlock

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

azren posted:

> Set up holiday lights outside the living space to give some much needed cheer to the area.

Luckily, you were already prepared for this eventuality. It's like you knew there would be a pandemic!

azren posted:

Or, if said lights aren't available...

> Sign in to work? I dunno what our job is.

You sit down and get ready to work before remebering that it's a Saturday. Two days in and your mental state is already starting to go. Your emotional wellbeing is befuddled

Blaze Dragon posted:

>Hop on your social media platform of choice to check if anyone's on to fight the impending crippling loneliness.

It's what I'd do, anyways.

The group chat be buzzing, yo!

Shei-kun posted:

Play Animal Crossing/Doom Eternal

You're definitely sure that you own neither of these games

Omobono posted:

Greetings from Italy. I've been working from home since the 5th of March (high school teacher), I've been out of pajamas like thrice in this period (not counting showers), I am an antisocial rear end in a top hat and I'm loving bored out of my mind already.

Stay safe and >hug yourself, because you deserve it.

You wrap yourself in a warm embrace, thinking sadly about the many people in Italy who have already been struggling through these times and wishing them all the best of luck for such a difficult situation.

JT Jag posted:

> Consider rooting around with the wires behind the TV to get it working again, put it off to later and take a nap instead.

Life sure would be better if you could watch a bit of TV! There's got to be a way to get it turned on.

Oh gently caress that

Yeah, this is a much better plan

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Lie in.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Enjoy a cuppa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junpei posted:

Watch the Overly Sarcastic Productions video on Stranger In A Strange Land that just released today on Youtube.

You track down the video on Youtube and give it a watch. It raises the odd mild chuckle.

SIGSEGV posted:

> Pray before an altar bearing all your current stocks of spices for these kindly spirits to make the bean onion and rice period more bearable.

You've definitely got spices but they're certainly not in the bedroom!

saladscooper posted:

Make curry. You're a Brit - there's always time for curry!

How do you expect to make curry when you can't even see a cooker?

azren posted:

> Go north

You go north. Ouch! You rub the growing bump on your head. Perhaps you should have opened the door first.

Reality is failing
Walls are crumbling
The universe falls in
All is one
You are the virus
The virus is you
Stretching falling growing infecting
Must feed must feed must feed
The opulent must be punished
Glory to the workers
Must feed must feed must feed must

You stumble back as the world snaps into place. What the gently caress was that?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
>open the bedroom door

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Before we go into a new room, we should probably
>check if hamster needs food or water

azren
Feb 14, 2011

> Alphabetize PS2 games. We can't start slacking on this kinda thing, or the virus wins!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

You consider cancelling your rent in solidarity with those who are struggling financially but decide against it. Your landlord is a person too and how would he survive himself without your rent!

> Lick Boot

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
>go computer
>Open browser
>Go to YouTube
>Search for La Marseilleise
>Sing along in full revolutionary spirit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

> spend two weeks playing Stardew Valley

You don't think you own this game either!

biosterous posted:

> get wrestlefigure

> inspect wrestlefigure

(I can't see who it is!)

You get the action figure. It's the extraordinary man who does extraordinary things, Finn Bálor!

biosterous posted:

> use wrestlefigure -> action: PIN, target: OLAF

gently caress you Olaf, you jobber. Your winner and Undisputed Quarantine Champion is Finn Bálor!

ChocolatePancake posted:

> Clean your monitor!
Tidying up always makes me feel better.

You take a cleaning wipe and give your screen a good rub down. The act of cleaning is meditative and the improved tidiness will have a long-term impact on your mood. Your emotional wellbeing is serene.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Wait oh god oh poo poo there's something critical to check.

is phone plugged in

plug phone in

You rush over to double check that your phone is still on charge and confirm this is the case. This is, of course, your work phone. You know that your personal phone isn't on charge because you're using it to take pictures.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's still time for a cuppa

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
ESC

`

~

Admire hamster.

F10

F11

F12

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

azren posted:

> Alphabetize PS2 games. We can't start slacking on this kinda thing, or the virus wins!

> Afterwards, order them chronologically.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

cant cook creole bream posted:

> Afterwards, order them chronologically.

> First by release date, then by in-game date

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow you guys suck

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Tell hamster they are a good hamster, even if they are not. Positivity is key in cohabitation, especially in quarantine!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

klafbang posted:

> pants off

Screw you, society's norms! You rip off your pants and fling them away with reckless abandon, enjoying the feeling of the cool air on your thighs. Your employment status is pantsless

Old Grey Guy posted:

> Find some Tom Sharpe among your books or possibly on-line to cheer yourself up again. 'Blott on the Landscape' or one of the Wilt stories. If you feel you need a dose of madness, try Bruce Dickinson's 'The Adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace'.

You have never heard of any of those names and think that in fact your mind might have just made them up.

Old Grey Guy posted:

> Alternatively, have some gravy and chips. Soul food just might do the trick as well.

Your food stock rating is not high enough to include this option

TitanG posted:

You spot a slight mark on the screen so you grab a cleaning wipe and furiously rub across the monitor. Hmm, didn't you just do this?

ChocolatePancake posted:

Yes, clean the monitor!

Ok, now you know that you just did this but you can't stop yourself. You feel compelled to give the screen another onceover to make sure it's spotless. Your emotional wellbeing is obsessive

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

How about finding someone to talk to? Check your phone contacts, or discord, or skype. Hell chat with strangers online if you have to.

What a great idea! There must be a whole host of wonderful people out there looking to make connections during this difficult time. Surely one can't be hard to find!

On second thoughts they're probably a crazy person anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Good Time
Dec 20, 2015

> open the door to the north

then peek through to make sure nobody is about to cough in our face