Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

If you feel like leveling marauder/dok, engineer/warrior priest then you can level stupid fast aoe farming. But you'll be severely under ranked and undergeared and will have an absolutely miserable time trying to catch them up in scenariors/rvr. Well not undergeared, the pve sets are okay, but they're offspec.

Yeah for sure gotta mix in scenario queuing & doing ORvR when it's populated. But if scenarios aren't popping during NA late night or whatever, can easily grind some PQs/AoE mobs to level fast I would think. Then play catch up with RR a bit using a renown potion and RvRing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Population has been up recently, and this weekend on Sunday January 2nd they are running another Land of the Dead test. Not sure if you will need these new tokens from ORvR during the week or if any lvl40 can queue, most likely any 40 though like last LotD test.

cool 2hand Black Orc video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhV-_SSDT4

knox fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 1, 2022

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Fourth Land of the Dead test today; have to turn in Expedition Resources you get during RvR to even enter, if anybody wants to log in to check it out.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Major patch with some very long overdue changes to the way RvR progression works. Also based on this it appears to be a lot faster to get geared up to a high item level right under Sovereign, if the ranked Triumphant set/Victorious set are considered equivalent to Invader.
Obviously I don't know how the drop rate or how quickly people can accumulate War Crests playing occasionally, but I think the changes were long overdue. I hope this allows more people to gear their character playing casually.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=47678

quote:

Necropolis of Zandri

The first part of the Land of the Dead is here, an open RvR focused remake of the Necropolis of Zandri. Each realm battles both the other realm to plunder the treasures from this place, but at the same time also against the Tomb King defenders.

Some new rewards have been added, but more Land of the Dead specific rewards will also be added later. The Necropolis of Zandri also gives increased War Crests drops from kills and rewards War Crests at the conclusion of the expedition to the players contributing.

The time slot for the expedition of Zandri will now be randomized between the following slots (Altdorf time):

- Fri 21:00
- Sat 18:00
- Sat 21:00
- Sun 00:00
- Sun 03:00
- Sun 18:00
- Sun 20:00

Currency rework
War Crests

All PvP game-modes (Scenario, Realm vs Realm and Ranked) are now unified under the all-new War Crest currency. All the respective gear sets can now be purchased by the newly introduced currency.

I. Buying higher tiers:
To unlock buying a higher tier of armor sets, you need to first acquire at least one of the sets in the previous tier. For example, to buy Obliterator armor, you must first get either the Braggart set or the Decimator set. Then the Obliterator set will allow you to get the Duelist and Devastator sets and so on.

Triumphant Set & Victorious Set are both considered in the same tier as the Invader Set. Thus in that tier there are 3 possible sets to buy before upgrading to Sovereign later on, with Invader being the cheapest but also the lowest in term of item level.

II. Armor pieces & gold bags:
Armor pieces no longer drop inside gold bags. However, these gold bags now contain a considerable amount of War Crests so you could buy the pieces that you want.

III. Ranked SCs & Gear:
In addition to the above, the Triumphant Set and the Victorious Set can now also be bought for War Crests but remain purchasable by their original currency, the Triumphant Emblems.

It's important to note that Ranked scenarios remain the fastest way to acquire these two sets and are also required to get Triumphant Insignias for the ring item piece. This means that Ranked scenarios remain the key for both Ranked gear sets, but the new War Crest currency has created an alternative but longer route.

Realm versus Realm

Open World Campaign & City Sieges

City Sieges have been changed to be scheduled every 3 days instead of occurring after two forts have been captured. Each fortress taken gives your realm one campaign point. The realm with more campaign points when the city siege occurs will siege the enemy capital. In the event that both realms have the same number of campaign points the city to be sieged will be determined randomly.

When the city siege occurs you will have 10 minutes to queue up, then all instances will spawn at once at the end of the queue timer.

The exact hour the city siege will happen randomized with a weighted random based on population stats. So while it can occur at any hour of the day there's a higher chance it will occur at times with a higher population online.

One or two forts are always kept in a locked state to enable attackers to reach the enemy city gates. When a new fort is taken the previously locked pairing resets to tier 2 again.

The extra realm lockout when participating in a fortress is removed.

The rewards from Forts now scale with contribution. You can no longer do a minimum amount of contribution and get full reward.
Quests

- The Keep defense kill quests now have a time limit of 2 hours. They are not meant to be kept after the keep has fallen to the enemy and be resumed at some later time. Also this prevents lots of them from filling up entire quest log.

- The repeatable RvR objective scouting quests now require the zone to be active, and have a 2h time limit.

- The repeatable RvR kill quests are no longer repeatable. Number of kills have been increased to 50, and gold reward to 3g for each of them. The gold options in the weekly RvR warfront will replace them as a repeatable source of gold from RvR activities.

- The Zone Lock guild quest now requires actually winning the zone.

- The Scenario repeatable quests are now gone. Instead, a small gold reward was added for winning an SC and thus you are now free to roam in RvR lakes or complete some quests between scenario matches.

knox fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 10, 2022

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I've been logging on more lately just to see changes (RL kinda blew up and who knew being a father made you this busy?) and I kind of want to finish a Sov set on either my Slayer or Choppa. Leaning towards Choppa because that armor set just does things for me.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Any recommendations for Order guilds? Started playing again after a very long break.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Justaddwater posted:

Any recommendations for Order guilds? Started playing again after a very long break.

I'm in a lot of the alliance discords from playing back in 2020; Salt Factory is an Order guild that does Ch22 runs on Order & Destro every weekend. Join the discord from the OP and we can sort of coordinate grouping from there/joining organized stuff from other guilds.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

It's that time once again where I'm bored and need an MMO to play, me & err going to start playing Destro again if anybody is on. I also log into the Runepriest. I swear I'm not stopping this time until I'm best in slot geared for at least the Runepriest!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

knox posted:

It's that time once again where I'm bored and need an MMO to play, me & err going to start playing Destro again if anybody is on. I also log into the Runepriest. I swear I'm not stopping this time until I'm best in slot geared for at least the Runepriest!

Been trying to level a SH but every time I queue for a warfront it never pops. :(

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 10, 2022

knox
Oct 28, 2004

FreeWifi!! posted:

Been trying to level a SH but every time I queue for a warfront it never pops. :(

I'll get on sometime this week I got a low level Shaman to play.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

bigup Gurdd, making his case for people to check out/come back to Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bW4HRbKyyI

knox
Oct 28, 2004

lol another Peon video. highly doubt it generates same population bump as it did 03/2020 during lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97-ubvUz-Y4

knox fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 25, 2022

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Halloween event yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8wU_BdSDzs

RR75 on Runepriest, almost have BiS character finally.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Halloween event has been fun (some last minute grinding about to happen). Late nights gets real dead. SCs are an alright way to fill that RVR void I guess.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I want to try this game. I have kinda decided I want to try something niche considering it is mostly a PvP game and not PvE. I want to get a decent WP Grace or DoK Sacrifice build. I aim to be good at small scale PvP, but be tanky enough to survive bigger PvP scenarios too. Perhaps have different armor set for large scale PvP where I go full healing instead.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Midig posted:

I want to try this game. I have kinda decided I want to try something niche considering it is mostly a PvP game and not PvE. I want to get a decent WP Grace or DoK Sacrifice build. I aim to be good at small scale PvP, but be tanky enough to survive bigger PvP scenarios too. Perhaps have different armor set for large scale PvP where I go full healing instead.

Yep, that is exactly what most WP or DoK's do. It's easier to get both sets now with the unified currency; previously you want to only queue scenarios to get the off-spec gear. Now you can do anything to get the same currency that buys all of the sets.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Zeg posted:

Halloween event has been fun (some last minute grinding about to happen). Late nights gets real dead. SCs are an alright way to fill that RVR void I guess.

I run in warband with this Taiwanese guild Formosa every morning 9:30AM-12:30PM EST time on Order if you ever wanna join.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1611485739

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

knox posted:

I run in warband with this Taiwanese guild Formosa every morning 9:30AM-12:30PM EST time on Order if you ever wanna join.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1611485739

That sound's...confusing.
They speak english? or you guy's understand each other?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

FreeWifi!! posted:

That sound's...confusing.
They speak english? or you guy's understand each other?

Lol I only understand the "push/let's go/back." Good peoples but yeah I cannot understand 98% of what he's saying.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

drat, Gruf just waddled right on in there with zero fucks given at the start.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Hit RR78 on Runepriest, two more levels and then I gotta grind 9999 war crests for the Triumphant jewelry piece and I'll be BiS.
Think I'm going to level an Ironbreaker or KOTBS to have another Order character to play/gear.
Population took a bit of a dip with the new DAOC Eden server launch but still going strong for most part.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

10 day "Night of Murder" event starting tomorrow, double crest drop from players & +50% xp/renown for Khaine's Embrace scenario. Big rear end patch too.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=50275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93_S2VY6610

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you are about to have an influx of a shitload of players fleeing the Eden server knox mentioned a while back. It's dying and we want a new sandbox.

we are all installing today

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

you are about to have an influx of a shitload of players fleeing the Eden server knox mentioned a while back. It's dying and we want a new sandbox.

we are all installing today

Nice1, there is a lot of crossover between playerbases for DAOC freeshards & Return of Reckoning, obviously being two major open world RvR/PvP MMOs.
Let me know whether you roll Order or Destro. Having a guild to play with/start on the server with will definitely make it a lot better experience & more enjoyable since it's just much easier to win scenarios in an organized group, even if you're new players.

I'm leveling a Swordmaster on Order and have a Shaman on Destro I'd be down to level.

knox fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 28, 2023

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I downloaded the game again and all the addons last weekend but haven't bothered setting anything up yet. Kind of getting the pvp/rvr itch.

Tried playing Eden a few times now, and having that Uthgard style pve slog (albeit truncated) to get geared just ain't it. Also from reading the Discord every few days it's not surprising it poo poo the bed.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Yeah honestly the PvE stuff & thinking Phoenix 2.0 would be live by now prevented me from playing Eden at all. I've been playing RoR more than ever last 3 months though and having a lot of fun in warbands, strictly have played Order last three months to get Runepriest to RR80 finally.

Time to level another Order character to gear out, and I have RR65 Choppa/Sorc/DoK I can play on Destro to gear.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Gurdd the legend with an awesome series on the history of the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH5nqOSepE

knox fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 9, 2023

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Getting into this for a bit just to see what’s up. Haven’t played since release. Is this particularly goon active?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Getting into this for a bit just to see what’s up. Haven’t played since release. Is this particularly goon active?

No mostly everyone quit by 2021 (I did as well) but the population on server is like 1200 people primetime so it's still good. I've started playing again on Order last 6+ months to get BiS gear for Runepriest. Only need x9999 war crest jewelry piece which is taking months and I'm done, I'll probably start playing a Order tank to gear up. And on Destro I have a lot more characters to play/gear.

Join the discord link in OP if you want. I'm planning to level least one character.

Stream from other day with Taiwanese warband I play with
https://twitch.tv/videos/1788135153

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I got into this maybe a week ago and made a warrior priest because I've been chasing the melee healer feeling for the last decade and nothing has measured up. T1 is still fun, but order definitely feels like a faction full of dummies. I like the aesthetic more and they're the underdog population so I want to stick with it, but trying to wrangle some teamwork in RvR is like pulling teeth.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

I got into this maybe a week ago and made a warrior priest because I've been chasing the melee healer feeling for the last decade and nothing has measured up. T1 is still fun, but order definitely feels like a faction full of dummies. I like the aesthetic more and they're the underdog population so I want to stick with it, but trying to wrangle some teamwork in RvR is like pulling teeth.

Yeah I quit the game for like 12-16 months or played extremely sporadically until I started playing with the guild/warband leader in the Twitch stream above, playing with a good organized warband is super fun. To succeed in PvP/RvR people have to be playing their individual roles.
I got some gold for anybody on Order starting out, not Destro though I just bought 100g mount on my Sorc who should've had it long time ago, so I'm broke again. Join the discord and we can level Order characters/hopefully can get 4 or 5 of us leveling, winning scenarios as group is a lot more fun to level than getting farmed
Swordmaster or Ironbreaker if I choose to level tank, which is only class archetype I don't have lvl40, or an AoE DPS like Brightwizard.

Honestly if your chasing for fun melee healer Warrior Priest certainly could be your answer. All three specs of Warrior Priest are 'viable,' with the shield spec being the best for 6man content/kind of mandatory for a team. I have a 40 DoK which I liked but I just enjoy healing more on Runepriest so I've only played that since I came back to the game.

Formosa the guild from the stream that I'm in has best K:D ratio on the Killboard;
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/guilds

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm about to level out of T1 so I'll probably hit up a coordinated warband in the very near future! There's not really a big NA presence on the server though, is there?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm about to level out of T1 so I'll probably hit up a coordinated warband in the very near future! There's not really a big NA presence on the server though, is there?

Largest NA presence on Order is guild called The Jempire, they're always on with warband during NA night time. But yeah for most part the server population is spread out everywhere, with most populated time being EU night/roughly 12PM-5PM EST time where can get over 1200 people on.

I can get my Swordmaster out of T1 quickly.

Retelling of Reckoning Pt 3 just dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_WiSDYsn9g

knox fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 16, 2023

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Scenarios with pubbies are so frustrating sometimes. The fundamentals of the game are pretty basic and easy to understand, especially at low levels. But I'll jump into a scenario with randoms and people will be targeting tanks, targeting many different enemies rather than focusing on one or two, ignoring healers, not staying together, ignoring the capture points, etc.

When I play a scenario I try to win, but people just seem content getting farmed, and then have the audacity to press "no" when a surrender is called. The score is 6 to 321, they have 3 flags, and we can't even get out of our spawn. Just surrender at that point! Move on to the next scenario.

I'd rather people who play like this just afk at that point. At least I can excuse that. Maybe they stepped away for a minute. Maybe they had an emergency.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Silly question but it's been so many years: how are white lions these days? They were p dogshit on retail iirc and they were the last in my long streak of choosing terrible mains in mmos

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Scenarios with pubbies are so frustrating sometimes. The fundamentals of the game are pretty basic and easy to understand, especially at low levels. But I'll jump into a scenario with randoms and people will be targeting tanks, targeting many different enemies rather than focusing on one or two, ignoring healers, not staying together, ignoring the capture points, etc.

When I play a scenario I try to win, but people just seem content getting farmed, and then have the audacity to press "no" when a surrender is called. The score is 6 to 321, they have 3 flags, and we can't even get out of our spawn. Just surrender at that point! Move on to the next scenario.

I'd rather people who play like this just afk at that point. At least I can excuse that. Maybe they stepped away for a minute. Maybe they had an emergency.

Yeah this has always been the case really. Surrendering happens a lot more these days than when I first started playing 2020 in which people rarely surrendered. But yeah it's a struggle queuing for scenarios with pugs and they are just pounding away at a tank that is not going to die, until they get killed. The server is a mix of very experienced players leveling alts, new players trying it out for the first time who have no clue what is going on or how to play, and then probably just bad players I don't really know how else to characterize it really. For anybody that is leveling I want to get an Ironbreaker & Bright Wizard to 40 on Order & I have a Shaman on Destro that I would also level, join the discord to organize.

They have a pug scenario called "Discordant Skirmish" you used to be able to queue with 2 but since they said people were exploiting it or something you have to be solo to queue for it. It helps to get away from just premades.

NLJP posted:

Silly question but it's been so many years: how are white lions these days? They were p dogshit on retail iirc and they were the last in my long streak of choosing terrible mains in mmos

They're in a good spot at the moment, can pump big AoE damage numbers (spin-to-win) with right build for warband play & single target build is good. After playing Sorc and getting my head pounced on I hate them, but definitely a cool good class.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'd guess that most people in scenarios, on order at least, are just trying to max their relevant contribution (usually doing damage), and don't quite get that playing the objective and winning will get you more renown than doing the most damage and losing. Although I guess on Order we usually lose within just a couple of minutes. It's almost always a blowout so maybe being able to smash all of the low reward scenarios back to back is worth it in the end.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I'm having fun messing around in this, played a Warrior Priest up to 23/23 and now I've got a Shaman at 19/20
an incredibly close scenario at tier 2 level in solo queue

Lots of healing in this one

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Nice one I will get into T2 on Order as Ironbreaker so can group up with few of us. I can level my 32 Blackguard as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Took slight break last month but finally hit 9999 crests for the Triumphant jewelry replica. That's probably the most amount of time I've spent grinding an item in an MMO. Now I just need another 1200 for the Fortress weapon to stack -25% build times proc and I'm best-in-slot. If anybody is still playing or trying to level I'll be around leveling tank on Order/Destro. I bought a new PC & monitors also and the game performance increase will probably have me playing even more.