Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I forget how much I love the slayer kit but hate the aesthetic and how much I love the choppa aesthetic, but hate a majority of their kit. This will be a never ending struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Any tips for starting fresh here?

I used to play here 3 years ago or something and old computer died with login info with it.

Im tempted to play either engi or magus since i had so much fun with those on live but not sure its a good choice for a first char on server.

Goon group i could join eventually?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Aster0ids posted:

I used to play here 3 years ago or something and old computer died with login info with it.

Im tempted to play either engi or magus since i had so much fun with those on live but not sure its a good choice for a first char on server.

This is a great time to start fresh as T1 content is hopping. Play what you enjoy and just hop right into PVP after you get a couple levels so you have abilities. Look for open RVR groups, queue for scenarios, and have fun, basically. With 2X XP/Tokens things go very fast.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Did you get your gear struggles sorted?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Aster0ids posted:

We really only had a goon presence right after the Lazy Peon video like quadrupled the population when I first created this thread. But I still play/seems like new people & other players are playing so I'm sure we could coordinate some goon groups to ORvR & queue scenarios for. I need to level something

Magus/Engi aren't the most "in demand" classes for groups but I always said play whatever class you will have the most fun playing because it will keep you logging in and withstand the decent grind to get best gear/RR80. I'd make like 2 characters on each side and start logging in and queueing for scenarios + open world RvRing while waiting for queue to pop.

Noise Complaint posted:

This is a great time to start fresh as T1 content is hopping. Play what you enjoy and just hop right into PVP after you get a couple levels so you have abilities. Look for open RVR groups, queue for scenarios, and have fun, basically. With 2X XP/Tokens things go very fast.

Yuuuup.

knox fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 7, 2023

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Zeg posted:

Did you get your gear struggles sorted?

Yeah I spent like a full day roaming leeching crests while mashing my knockback button. Thankfully while the inventory/gear reset happened, you kept your wards unlocked so I didnt have to rebuy multiple gear sets.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

knox posted:

We really only had a goon presence right after the Lazy Peon video like quadrupled the population when I first created this thread. But I still play/seems like new people & other players are playing so I'm sure we could coordinate some goon groups to ORvR & queue scenarios for. I need to level something

Magus/Engi aren't the most "in demand" classes for groups but I always said play whatever class you will have the most fun playing because it will keep you logging in and withstand the decent grind to get best gear/RR80. I'd make like 2 characters on each side and start logging in and queueing for scenarios + open world RvRing while waiting for queue to pop.

Yuuuup.

Ok thanks, how do you play multiple chars here, just start the launcher again?

Also, how do i go about gearing up? Theres piece i can buy, people are telling me to save tokens? XD

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 7, 2023

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Aster0ids posted:

Ok thanks, how do you play multiple chars here, just start the launcher again?

You can only log into one character at a time in RoR

For anyone starting hop on the goon discord from the OP: https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

I have characters on both sides in T1 and T2 so I'm willing to hop on and do some roaming or just help out.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 7, 2023

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Population yesterday hitting 1300 at 3PM EST a regular weekday is wilddddd, awesome to see the bounce back. The low population numbers were starting to discourage me slightly, especially with all this "New Server" bullshit talk. Only hitting 500 people max at peak times, even though it can be just as fun as any number and you don't need more than few hundred to sustain RvR, was worrying me. I'm sure population will drop back down in a short while but some will stay which will expand the core userbase that will always play and it's just overall positive.

Still down to group with anyone for T1 or otherwise; I'd play my 32 BG or 12 Shaman on Destro, probably 10 IB on Order.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Did the reupped double xp/rp event end?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

knox posted:

Population yesterday hitting 1300 at 3PM EST a regular weekday is wilddddd, awesome to see the bounce back. The low population numbers were starting to discourage me slightly, especially with all this "New Server" bullshit talk. Only hitting 500 people max at peak times, even though it can be just as fun as any number and you don't need more than few hundred to sustain RvR, was worrying me. I'm sure population will drop back down in a short while but some will stay which will expand the core userbase that will always play and it's just overall positive.

Still down to group with anyone for T1 or otherwise; I'd play my 32 BG or 12 Shaman on Destro, probably 10 IB on Order.

I've seen some big streamers doing 'sponsored streams' for this recently, so it looks like they're spending money to get that population up and it's working. Would be nice to see that stick around!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

knox posted:

I'm down. Do you have a time or anything in mind for stuff?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Zeg posted:

I'm down. Do you have a time or anything in mind for stuff?

Been super busy with my remote job I can't even play in the 9AM warbands I used to lately as much + interviewing for other jobs but I'm sure can coordinate some times in the discord. I know I'd rather play EST mornings to noon which is when I usually do but lately probably best time is after 5PM EST.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Population has been crazy lately- there was 1035 people at 5 PM EST yesterday. Still need to level my tank on either side or Shaman so if anybody still grinding it out post in the discord when you're on.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Started playing destro again on here..

I just got done with a a few scenarios and i noticed that the other team had a minimum of 3 healers, sometimes more.

I though they took care of that problem.

Like they patched it so theres no more than x amount of healers on a team.

Kinda annoying trying to take down a dps when hes getting pocket healed by 4 healers.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

I'm tentatively available and in the discord. Lmk when goonthings happen.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I usually am playing 9AM-12PM EST with Taiwanese guild still since I'm still working from home, but I'll play anytime. Destro is the side I am playing at the moment with the guild; I need to level a Shaman or finish my 32 Blackguard (wish it was a Chosen).

FreeWifi!! posted:

Started playing destro again on here..

I just got done with a a few scenarios and i noticed that the other team had a minimum of 3 healers, sometimes more.

I though they took care of that problem.

Like they patched it so theres no more than x amount of healers on a team.

Kinda annoying trying to take down a dps when hes getting pocket healed by 4 healers.

I haven't played scenarios in a long time but they definitely did something to balance them, not sure if they reduced it or anything though I think it is still in effect on some level.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

knox posted:

I usually am playing 9AM-12PM EST with Taiwanese guild still since I'm still working from home, but I'll play anytime. Destro is the side I am playing at the moment with the guild; I need to level a Shaman or finish my 32 Blackguard (wish it was a Chosen).

I haven't played scenarios in a long time but they definitely did something to balance them, not sure if they reduced it or anything though I think it is still in effect on some level.

Why not level that chosen? I think I have a Shaman or Black Orc that we can pair up with or something.

I kinda fell off the Earth after covid because my partner and I had a baby and our schedule let's me squeeze some video games in now.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 16, 2023

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Coming back to this game after several months hiatus, I recall why I initially left. This game, more so than any other PVP MMO I've played, doesn't really let a player feel like they're doing more than contributing to an effort. In PVP it's rare that you get to shine as an individual player. You are merely a cog in a machine. Even the stealth classes can only reliably kill enemy players solo if several criteria are met (namely class and level). Gear feels more like a requirement rather than something that meaningfully contributes to your capabilities, meaning you spend hours upon hours grinding PVP sub-optimally until you finally get to a level of gear that brings you up to par.

There really is only one way to play the game, and that's through the PVP structure. The bias towards European players (who bias towards destro) means unless you play within a particular time zone and on a particular faction, you can walk around not experiencing any real action for hours on end. Scenarios will take upwards of 15 minutes to pop, only for you to get stomped by the enemy team because the class composition determined the outcome before the match even started. Don't have a character that's high enough level to take part in t4 world PVP? You can do some PVE if you like, but even that's incredibly difficult with the majority of classes solo.

I love what this game represents, but I really don't love the way it's structured. It's the kind of game that is probably great if you have a tight knit guild, but even then I don't find the PVP to be particularly satisfying.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Coming back to this game after several months hiatus, I recall why I initially left. This game, more so than any other PVP MMO I've played, doesn't really let a player feel like they're doing more than contributing to an effort. In PVP it's rare that you get to shine as an individual player. You are merely a cog in a machine. Even the stealth classes can only reliably kill enemy players solo if several criteria are met (namely class and level). Gear feels more like a requirement rather than something that meaningfully contributes to your capabilities, meaning you spend hours upon hours grinding PVP sub-optimally until you finally get to a level of gear that brings you up to par.

There really is only one way to play the game, and that's through the PVP structure. The bias towards European players (who bias towards destro) means unless you play within a particular time zone and on a particular faction, you can walk around not experiencing any real action for hours on end. Scenarios will take upwards of 15 minutes to pop, only for you to get stomped by the enemy team because the class composition determined the outcome before the match even started. Don't have a character that's high enough level to take part in t4 world PVP? You can do some PVE if you like, but even that's incredibly difficult with the majority of classes solo.

I love what this game represents, but I really don't love the way it's structured. It's the kind of game that is probably great if you have a tight knit guild, but even then I don't find the PVP to be particularly satisfying.

Definitely some valid complaints, though if you have a 6/12/24-man warband to run with the game is much more fun with what you can accomplish or do in my opinion which I guess is also what your saying is detriment. One can solo and there are people soloing all day that I always see, but it's not what I would want to do in the game. It's various game modes try to provide endgame for small mans and ranked stuff, cities for endgame warbands, and your regular RvR which you can do solo or in a pug or guild warband, plus the solo queue scenario. I find the PvP extremely satisfying in a warband though. I log into Destro nowadays to play with Formosa (Suicide Yoooo on Destro) as there was influx of French players/guild on Order, if anyone is playing.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I also took an extended break from this over the summer/ fall and I only recently dipped back in as I became funemployed in November. Got my Squig Herder to rank40 finally with a RR of 52! So that was nice to finish the last couple levels, but it really is fun to play destro in the mornings (of PST) as there’s enough Euro players that destro can actually get something done. I am trying to find a class I like on Order as it feels like after about 10am PST the AAO switches in favor of Order and while the WB fights are still decent for awhile, there is no winning any keeps or big battles.

The PVP in this game is a riot in the right warband, getting a leader who takes you on a round-about loop and directly into the other sides back line to mulch your way through their support and catching up to their melee to finish them is incredibly satisfying. If you play the times I mention on Destro, Papapapa is a great leader who runs tight bands focused on killing Order instead of pushing keeps or running boxes. I haven’t grouped with him lately but he had a sort of set schedule of running on MWF I believe, he only recruits in general or /t4 chat and you send him a PM and join his discord. Zorbaxxx is the other leader I enjoy, a bit of a crazy Greek who is hilarious and will also teach you fascinating little routes to loop behind places and cut Order off from their war camp etc. he’s usually running an open party and runs a group for a good amount of time everyday. Playing in those bands and a few other pickup leads war bands is how I kept my goal of being 10 Renown rank ahead of my career rank after about lvl 25.

Anyway, game decent, glad I have some time for it again occasionally, I’ll have to hop on the discord more and play my order characters soon

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Awesome, I forget what your character names were but pretty sure we played in various groups. I too got into this game after funemployment and was on the boosted $$$ unemployment as 2020 & covid began. We had a lot of fun then with this game, but like majority of MMOs people quit/have real life poo poo to do. I work from home now so playing with the Taiwanese warband leader at 8AM-11AM EST (on Destro for last few months, was Order for like 8 months str8 before that) is no issue for me.

Playing with organized warbands, which I think I just mentioned in here previously in defense of the game, is by far the most enjoyable aspect of the game. A good warband vs warband fight (or just large equal-ish numbers) in open RvR, doesn't get any better or more fun than that for me. Yeah mfers will blob up or coordinate zerg poo poo but that can't really be helped. Massive respek to organized pug warband leaders like Zorbaxxx/Papapapa/whoever else as the game really does need them to function well. Pug warbands allow new players to learn how ORvR works, get better at their class, learn the zones, meet people & guilds, etcetc. They're vital to the growth of the game and just how ORvR functions daily in my opinion.

Hellogigi stream of our warband earlier today. was top damage on Dwyur the sorc for first two hours, left for work poo poo then rejoined for last hour as Deloused my DoK since Gigi's wife said needed heals. Order was blobbed out that last hour, ton of deaths which isn't that normal lol.
https://twitch.tv/videos/2020549727?t=1179s

edit; also I'll mention again I'm down to level a class or two with anyone, just join/post in the discord whenever anybody is on or wants to level. Specifically trying to level to 40 a tank on Order (I have lvl 10 Ironbreaker & Swordmaster) & most likely a Shaman on Destro since I don't gently caress with DoK anymore + it was my original beta class back in the day.

knox fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 2, 2024

knox
Oct 28, 2004

stackofflapjacks posted:

I also took an extended break from this over the summer/ fall and I only recently dipped back in as I became funemployed in November. Got my Squig Herder to rank40 finally with a RR of 52! So that was nice to finish the last couple levels, but it really is fun to play destro in the mornings (of PST) as there’s enough Euro players that destro can actually get something done. I am trying to find a class I like on Order as it feels like after about 10am PST the AAO switches in favor of Order and while the WB fights are still decent for awhile, there is no winning any keeps or big battles.

The PVP in this game is a riot in the right warband, getting a leader who takes you on a round-about loop and directly into the other sides back line to mulch your way through their support and catching up to their melee to finish them is incredibly satisfying. If you play the times I mention on Destro, Papapapa is a great leader who runs tight bands focused on killing Order instead of pushing keeps or running boxes. I haven’t grouped with him lately but he had a sort of set schedule of running on MWF I believe, he only recruits in general or /t4 chat and you send him a PM and join his discord. Zorbaxxx is the other leader I enjoy, a bit of a crazy Greek who is hilarious and will also teach you fascinating little routes to loop behind places and cut Order off from their war camp etc. he’s usually running an open party and runs a group for a good amount of time everyday. Playing in those bands and a few other pickup leads war bands is how I kept my goal of being 10 Renown rank ahead of my career rank after about lvl 25.

Anyway, game decent, glad I have some time for it again occasionally, I’ll have to hop on the discord more and play my order characters soon

Yooo I saw that you joined Gigi's warband other day, how'd it go? Lot of Order on lately with multiple french warbands and a overpowered KOTBS morale 3 (which I think they just nerfed?) Definitely keep joining I told Twinkles we were in same guild and allathat so you should get invites whenever. He always started 8AM EST nowadays.
I usually play every time but working from home and being an accountant with ton of year-end poo poo to do I've had to leave early or not join last week or two.

Keep defense from other day- I think we got assisted slightly by other Destro coming in at the end to clean it up, but Order definitely never had the upper hand while inside;
https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousKnottySwordTheRinger-bN1S1OP-BeyMQd7P

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I joined a guild that plays Order and Destro and just play with them when they are on Destro, been working lately so I’ve been having time in the afternoons to play US TZ with Big Inc and have good luck pushing against small Order numbers. This has been a big change from EU times where it feels Order are massively more populated but far less organized. I’ve been collecting Discord servers for different organized warbands that are active on Destro. Otherwise I’m playing less but enjoying the more recent even population on each side. Hoping to see them reopen the city dungeons and Bastion Stair soon(ish) as it’s where I’ll see most of my upgrades for the near future. Hit RR 64 on my Squiggy and loving Melee style butt bouncing AoE like crazy.

Hellogigii on Destro was a good time, only grouped up with his guild the one time but was nice to see they play Destro and keep it interesting

stackofflapjacks fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 24, 2024

knox
Oct 28, 2004

stackofflapjacks posted:

I joined a guild that plays Order and Destro and just play with them when they are on Destro, been working lately so I’ve been having time in the afternoons to play US TZ with Big Inc and have good luck pushing against small Order numbers. This has been a big change from EU times where it feels Order are massively more populated but far less organized. I’ve been collecting Discord servers for different organized warbands that are active on Destro. Otherwise I’m playing less but enjoying the more recent even population on each side. Hoping to see them reopen the city dungeons and Bastion Stair soon(ish) as it’s where I’ll see most of my upgrades for the near future. Hit RR 64 on my Squiggy and loving Melee style butt bouncing AoE like crazy.

Hellogigii on Destro was a good time, only grouped up with his guild the one time but was nice to see they play Destro and keep it interesting

Good poo poo, Showdown from Big Inc plays with Gigi, was just in warband with him. Post in the discord when you get on and I'll see if I'm around. I'd like to play more than just 8AM-12PM EST when Gigi is running his warband but that's just been the time I have gotten used to logging in for over a year. I just logged out to start my work day (fully remote job) so I can really play whenever time, long as I don't have some sort of meeting to attend.

I hope they do a 2x XP event soon so I can get another 40 on each side (Shaman + Swordmaster or Ironbreaker most likely).

edit; also they just posted patch notes about new PvE quests + Sentinel tokens until they fix whatever the instance is. I gotta get on my PvE grind on Sorc so I can get Sentinel jewelry + Bloodlord staff.

knox fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 25, 2024

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I just got to do a full run of new Bastion Stair in a PuG on my Squig Herder, it was great! Not too hard although the recent heal aggro changes in PvE were sorta obnoxious (DoK successfully tanked a boss or two).

I was running in a French war and yesterday and heard that March 6th is the date that 3 French streamers are going to jump into Return of Reckoning blind and do a big T1 event of leveling while streaming. This will be a big shot in the arm for population and will be really fun as I enjoy the lower tier stuff a lot. I’d like a 40 character on Order side but haven’t found a class I like, thinking I’ll try KotBS in March and push that alt up and see how it is.

Also tanks or any melee with a shield are definitely bugged right now to have more block than is listed anywhere. Geared tanks are absurdly hard to kill if they have their back to a wall. I also keep seeing low vied asking in /advice of the impossible to kill tanks in T1 are exploiting or what. Kinda funny, but it’a made pushing a contested fort harder as tanks are just absolute brick walls.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

stackofflapjacks posted:

I just got to do a full run of new Bastion Stair in a PuG on my Squig Herder, it was great! Not too hard although the recent heal aggro changes in PvE were sorta obnoxious (DoK successfully tanked a boss or two).

I was running in a French war and yesterday and heard that March 6th is the date that 3 French streamers are going to jump into Return of Reckoning blind and do a big T1 event of leveling while streaming. This will be a big shot in the arm for population and will be really fun as I enjoy the lower tier stuff a lot. I’d like a 40 character on Order side but haven’t found a class I like, thinking I’ll try KotBS in March and push that alt up and see how it is.

Also tanks or any melee with a shield are definitely bugged right now to have more block than is listed anywhere. Geared tanks are absurdly hard to kill if they have their back to a wall. I also keep seeing low vied asking in /advice of the impossible to kill tanks in T1 are exploiting or what. Kinda funny, but it’a made pushing a contested fort harder as tanks are just absolute brick walls.

Thanks for friend invite I was like who is this random friend. Nice one, three French streamers who currently aren't playing? I wish the server would do more T1 or leveling events, like just have a weekend for people to progress through T1-T4 or people can bring their lvl 40s to T1 like they did back in 2020. The class I want to level on Order is also a tank (IB or SM), my only 40 is my RR82 Runepriest.

Was putting up big numbers from the jump today using Piercing Shadows tactic strictly on Sorc. I can't wait to get better gear and be closer to BiS. I need to run PvE for Bloodlord staff asap. I'll be able to buy 5 piece Sov in a few weeks also.

knox fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 27, 2024

knox
Oct 28, 2004

First hour+ this morning was boring as hell, then a few Order warband leaders log on like Knutkrusher and was a lot of fun.

https://twitch.tv/videos/2046227194?t=2765s

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

I'm getting close to RR80 and I have a few bits saved up for the 70-80 range set. I can't tell if I should keep going with the offensive set or not, because I've been hyperfixated on defensive stats and all that junk for a few days now and it feeeeeeeels better, but to prevent an info dump, I'm not confident in any purchases I'd make right now.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Zeg posted:

I'm getting close to RR80 and I have a few bits saved up for the 70-80 range set. I can't tell if I should keep going with the offensive set or not, because I've been hyperfixated on defensive stats and all that junk for a few days now and it feeeeeeeels better, but to prevent an info dump, I'm not confident in any purchases I'd make right now.

What class, Black Orc? I can check out discords/forum real quick to find out.

If anyone wants to join up the Formosa/Suicide Yoooo warbands start 8AM EST and usually run through 12PM but sometimes stopping an hour or less sooner, usually Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday. Been strictly Destro last 2 months or so, went Order for first time few warbands ago though.

I want to loving power level a character like Shaman/Swordmaster.

knox fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 30, 2024

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

knox posted:

What class, Black Orc? I can check out discords/forum real quick to find out.

If anyone wants to join up the Formosa/Suicide Yoooo warbands start 8AM EST and usually run through 12PM but sometimes stopping an hour or less sooner, usually Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday. Been strictly Destro last 2 months or so, went Order for first time few warbands ago though.

I want to loving power level a character like Shaman/Swordmaster.

Choppa, but I've got it sorted. Did maths. Found answer. Swordmaster is an absolute assload of fun and people do not expect the beatdown that class provides for free.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

One of the biggest patches I've seen since started playing like 4 years ago; huge Rampage nerf, removed Chop Fasta and gave it to BG's.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52494

There's a T1 event going on right now with group of French streamers who started it, great time to get on the game.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52493

This guy has 1.5M followers, streaming T1
https://twitch.tv/zerator

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

knox posted:

One of the biggest patches I've seen since started playing like 4 years ago; huge Rampage nerf, removed Chop Fasta and gave it to BG's.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52494

There's a T1 event going on right now with group of French streamers who started it, great time to get on the game.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52493

This guy has 1.5M followers, streaming T1
https://twitch.tv/zerator

All solo builds killed with one patch.

:ughh:

Seem's legit.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

FreeWifi!! posted:

All solo builds killed with one patch.

:ughh:

Seem's legit.

I think streamer Gravord is in control of a lot of balance changes (he has had a large voice in changes for like past 10 months it seems), specifically BG & Choppa changes. I don't really know what to make of them yet really. Tanks seem even more retardedly unkillable now though.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

knox posted:

I think streamer Gravord is in control of a lot of balance changes (he has had a large voice in changes for like past 10 months it seems), specifically BG & Choppa changes. I don't really know what to make of them yet really. Tanks seem even more retardedly unkillable now though.

Well... I don't think I like them choppa changes much :\

e: Goddamn they really gave it to Slayer too
ee: My group asked me what other mDPS I might have available or if I'm willing to level a tank :sigh: At least SM/BO/Mara are cool

Zeg fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 10, 2024

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I got my RR64 Choppa I'd like to get to BiS but since I've been playing Sorc last few months and it's almost RR80 I want to get a tank to 40 and gear it. Only archetype I don't have max level yet, probably will just play BG since it's lvl 32 and I'm lazy but I want to play a Chosen. I'd definitely like to play during primetime hours if any of y'all get on during then. I just ran some scenarios with guildie on RP and it's just a Surrender button fest. Even while winning 300-60 we surrendered, loving stupid the devs need to do something to change it for sure. It seems like it's been this way for months/year now.

And yeah the Rampage nerf is kind of huge, infamous ability that should've been tuned down like years ago but whatever honestly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
broad question but did this game ever get better netcode/responsiveness? I tried playing on the private server when it first launched and things felt mushy and unresponsive, and I wasn't sure if that was just how the game always will be or if it was something they'd be able to address in the future.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Countblanc posted:

broad question but did this game ever get better netcode/responsiveness? I tried playing on the private server when it first launched and things felt mushy and unresponsive, and I wasn't sure if that was just how the game always will be or if it was something they'd be able to address in the future.

They've definitely improved on a ton of things, and just worked for 2+ years on ability re-work that was patched maybe a month ago. So definitely should check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Zeg posted:

Well... I don't think I like them choppa changes much :\

e: Goddamn they really gave it to Slayer too
ee: My group asked me what other mDPS I might have available or if I'm willing to level a tank :sigh: At least SM/BO/Mara are cool

They really kicked every class straight in the balls on this patch.

NO ONE wins.