Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

What's it going to be streaming on?

It will be a cy.tube stream.

Memento posted:

If I could be so bold as to suggest a movie, I would like to throw out Master of the Flying Guillotine, a 1976 Taiwanese Wuxia film and sequel to the 1973 film One Armed Boxer.

The whole movie is currently up on Youtube, so sourcing a stream won't be a problem.

This looks awesome. I'll look into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I fully support putting Shakma on at some godawful hour.

This would be amazing.

Also, any reason it's gonna be on cy.tube instead of Kast?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Master of the Flying Guillotine rips

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
can I recommend Super Inframan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faudEDZf-A

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

With my current work schedule, I'm going to try and do all 24 hours of this with you good folks - I dipped out of Music Box of Horrors when I realized I could either watch Freddy vs. Jason at 3 am or go home, get some sleep, and effectively have a Sunday.

E: Snipped out my rec, PMing it instead

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Franchescanado posted:

It will be a cy.tube stream.

The same channel we use for the October viewings?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have sent my rec in for this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFncNfFfeA4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
OK which one of you runs the Archillect twitter account?

https://twitter.com/archillect/status/1244496140332138496

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want that movie to be the best film ever made

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Burkion posted:

I want that movie to be the best film ever made

It's not, but it is awesome.

Also, Super-Inframan is an amazing choice. Starring Danny Lee, who was the cop in John Woo's The Killer.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

There's some really special things wrong with that trailer; that has to be on the list.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

It's one of my favorite movies and I envy all of you who still get to see it for the first time.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Master of the Flying Guillotine rips

Yeah it's really good.

Also will there be links to check out the stream? I'm unfamiliar with cy.tube

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

alansmithee posted:

Yeah it's really good.

Also will there be links to check out the stream? I'm unfamiliar with cy.tube

Yes. We will post the links in this thread.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress. I need to see this.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Irony.or.Death posted:

It's one of my favorite movies and I envy all of you who still get to see it for the first time.

Last time I saw it was back in the late 70s. One of the local theaters would often do special showings/theme nights and this was one of them. I can't remember what else it was shown with and all I remember of the movie was the skeleton guards and the one monster getting squished. If it gets added to the Z-Fest, I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The CineD Z-Fest Stream is LIVE!!!! (For testing purposes)

Here is the GitHub link to tap into the Z-Fest stream on CyTube

Please try the link and make sure that you are able to stream without issue. We wouldn't want you to try and massage your occipital lobe with z-grade transmissions and miss out on the fun because technology fails you.

If you have issues, try restarting your computer, trying a different browser, or reading the help section on the website.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 2, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I am technically having no difficulties, but where are the people? None of you can even leave the house, get in the thing!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Franchescanado posted:

For testing purposes. Please try the link and make sure that you are able to stream without issue. We wouldn't want you to try and massage your occipital lobe with z-grade transmissions and miss out on the fun because technology fails you.

Had to fiddle with things a little, but I think I got it working.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

Had to fiddle with things a little, but I think I got it working.

Excellent!

CPL593H posted:

I am technically having no difficulties, but where are the people? None of you can even leave the house, get in the thing!

We're gonna keep the chat in the CineD Discord in the Z-Fest channel, so as to make things easier.

I'm gonna have to re-arrange my living room to accommodate this madness.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't get it to work, I already had tampermonkey and installed the userscript and it just says "the media could not be loaded either because the network or server failed or because the format is not supported.

Older, but still windows 10 laptop, running chrome. I don't use this laptop for video stuff, so I haven't installed any codecs or anything if that's the issue.

Edit: saw the discord link, I'll ask there as well.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Excellent!

We're gonna keep the chat in the CineD Discord in the Z-Fest channel, so as to make things easier.

I'm gonna have to re-arrange my living room to accommodate this madness.

Eeeeehh, my computer is a piece of poo poo and that's probably not going to happen. But also why is it easier to do the chat on a different app instead of the chat window on the stream?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Its maybe a little finicky. When I watch immediately after opening my browser it plays perfectly, but if I close the tab and come back to it, it won't play until I restart by browser again. I got the same message as Skwirl.

Weird, but closing and restarting my browser is a thing I can do, so I guess its fine?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

Eeeeehh, my computer is a piece of poo poo and that's probably not going to happen. But also why is it easier to do the chat on a different app instead of the chat window on the stream?

Discord is just really convenient to chat in and allows emojis and lets you scroll up easier, etc. The cytube chat is fine, but it's a little retro.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Violentmonkey + a current Chrome = CineZ success !

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Discord is just really convenient to chat in and allows emojis and lets you scroll up easier, etc. The cytube chat is fine, but it's a little retro.

Yep. You can't :ernest: in cytube, so discord wins by default

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So I didn't even realize that this was just a test run because I was like "Oooooh! A link!" and clicked without reading the other stuff. Such is the life of a fat moron. I'll be there this weekend though, particularly during the unreasonable hours when none of you will be awake.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mllaneza posted:

Violentmonkey + a current Chrome = CineZ success !

Excellent news!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Since the movie marathon isn't for two days now would be a great time for everyone here to watch Cotton Comes to Harlem, which also happens to be the April Movie of the Month.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I was having the same problem with the player not loading as you guys, then I disabled Ghostery and uBlock Origin on CyTube and reloaded the page, the player worked just fine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
ViolentMonkey automatically detected that the link as a script, installed it perfectly. Cheers for this!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Yep. You can't :ernest: in cytube, so discord wins by default

From all the Scream Streams my fiance's watched with me, it's become a sign of the season when there's an Ernest cartoon on and a mix of horror themed music on when he comes home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McSpanky posted:

I was having the same problem with the player not loading as you guys, then I disabled Ghostery and uBlock Origin on CyTube and reloaded the page, the player worked just fine.

Ooh, I'll try that, it would explain it working on Firefox and not Chrome for me since I had to install firefox to try it so didn't have any sort of ad blocking or anything.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

McSpanky posted:

I turned off Privacy Badger and now it's working perfectly.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So if anyone has technical questions about how to work this crap I have a valuable contact who may or may not be a former poster here that was banished who says they will answer said questions.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:siren: CineD Z-Fest Discord :siren:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:siren: CineD Z-Fest Stream :siren:

:siren: CineD Z-Fest Discord :siren:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Our first feature is...

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
For those curious about the schedule, here it is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
7:45 PM - Mario Bava's Planet of the Vampires

Stream It, Mark. Talk about it, Mark. Mark.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 4, 2020