Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This was amazing and I'm down to do anyone anytime. Thanks so much Fran and everyone else involved.

Also if you need any animated video content or bumpers or whatever for the next one I'm super into spending way too much effort on things for very little payoff. And I love making horror-based poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Look! It's Inframan!

Mark.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Thanks for setting this up, Franchescanado, really looking forward to future streams of this ilk. I crashed out around Rockula, but woke up in time for the thrilling conclusion to Inframan, which was just the best.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Yeah, if you need any kind of promotional drawings or anything, I'm down to contribute something

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Excellent! I will keep those offers in mind if/when there's a next time!

Here's a handy Letterboxd list of the schedule for people to log movies they watched

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

We should do a Blaxploitation marathon with the trailer for Blackula between each movie and never play Blackula

You're dead to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Caligulamprey is also dead to me.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Caligulamprey is also dead to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was not prepared for that.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Even though i missed much of it
thanks to Fran and lurd for streaming this for us
and thank you all for riffing along

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Even though i missed much of it
thanks to Fran and lurd for streaming this for us
and thank you all for riffing along

My commentary was especially hilarious at whatever point it was when you weren't there. Don't ask anyone else about it though, you can take my word for it.

fake edit: Imagine making Tommy and then going straight into making Lisztomania.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

CPL593H posted:

fake edit: Imagine making Tommy and then going straight into making Lisztomania.
Where else could you possibly go when you're already peaking on 1970's decadence?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Thank you for setting this up, even if I was only there for Popcorn and Plan 9 I still had a really great time!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

PenguinKnight posted:

Thank you for setting this up, even if I was only there for Popcorn and Plan 9 I still had a really great time!

If you'd watched Lisztomania you probably wouldn't like movies anymore anyway.

hlwss
Nov 12, 2007
The stream was fantastic, thanks for running it guys.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Now that I've gotten some more sleep under my belt, thank you to those who put this together. I enjoyed it very much even if I was too tired to type coherently. If another happens, I'll be happy to be a part of it, just might hook up an espresso IV to myself first.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Now that I've gotten some more sleep under my belt, thank you to those who put this together. I enjoyed it very much even if I was too tired to type coherently. If another happens, I'll be happy to be a part of it, just might hook up an espresso IV to myself first.

This is me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL22hXG5zow

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I missed most of this due to work, but I still caught a bit of Lisztomania, Up the Creek, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Matango, and Straight to Hell. I had to go to bed after that (time zone), but I had planned on waking up in time to see Inframan. I slept though my alarm and missed it completely.
:negative:

Thanks to everyone who made this thing work. I hope y'all do more of these in the future though I definitely understand that 24 hours is a lot to organize. Are there any thoughts about shorter streams in the future? Schedule permitting, I'd love to see more stuff like this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Safety Factor posted:

Thanks to everyone who made this thing work. I hope y'all do more of these in the future though I definitely understand that 24 hours is a lot to organize. Are there any thoughts about shorter streams in the future? Schedule permitting, I'd love to see more stuff like this.

Maybe next time something like this gets organized there could be a thread poll for if people want another 24 hour marathon or two/three shorter ones. The marathon part is really interesting to me but I understand it means most people will miss some stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe next time something like this gets organized there could be a thread poll for if people want another 24 hour marathon or two/three shorter ones. The marathon part is really interesting to me but I understand it means most people will miss some stuff.

Just because of time zones and poo poo I think the 24 hour marathon is better than shorter stuff because because it's easier for people to drop in and out but still be part of the whole experience.

a short marathon you get a group who watches the whole (much shorter) thing and a bunch of people who don't watch any of it because whatever is happening in their life means they'd miss most of it.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

It's a good idea, I can see smaller blocks being a lot more successful. It was such a shame that there were so few of us during Matango, it was really one of the highlights of the night. The endurance challenge aspect really was fun though. I was kind of loopy by the last two movies, but it was an incredible experience.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

With a marathon of any length people aren't going to see it all. But I think that's kind of neat because it means a lot of people get a different experience. I think the best way to do is to just have a consistent quality of the programming. This one was very well curated and I don't regret anything I missed because it was fun either way. If there are any stand outs that people really are interested in maybe we could put it up to a vote and stream single movies or just do a double or triple feature thing in between the long marathons like this. I don't think there's a wrong way to do this.

POSSESSOR

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

It's a good idea, I can see smaller blocks being a lot more successful. It was such a shame that there were so few of us during Matango, it was really one of the highlights of the night. The endurance challenge aspect really was fun though. I was kind of loopy by the last two movies, but it was an incredible experience.

I commend you for sitting through the whole marathon and still finding time to watch April movie of the month, Cotton Comes to Harlem.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

CPL593H posted:

I commend you for sitting through the whole marathon and still finding time to watch April movie of the month, Cotton Comes to Harlem.

It was just so easy and convenient to watch the April movie of the month, Cotton Comes to Harlem. There's a handy dandy link to a free stream of the film right there in the thread. Perfect for anyone shaking the dust off from yesterday's celebration. And they only say human being in the film three times!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm not gonna say only do marathons, a well-chosen double or triple feature is also a good idea. But the 24-hour marathon was great, even if I only got to see bits and pieces of it. drat glad I caught Lisztomania and Inframan though.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

mllaneza posted:

I'm not gonna say only do marathons, a well-chosen double or triple feature is also a good idea. But the 24-hour marathon was great, even if I only got to see bits and pieces of it. drat glad I caught Lisztomania and Inframan though.

Something to consider is audience and organizer burnout. We don't want it to get to the point where it's just not fun for everyone involved. Something like a monthly marathon with a separate double or triple feature if the interest's there's an idea to start with.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
All the films brought something to the table, Mark. InfraMan, Rockula, and Lisztomania took things to a new level. Chonk Bat was a highlight. Popcorn and Black Belt Jones might have been the weakest of the ones I saw.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I was expecting Up the Creek to be a weak link, but it was better than it had any right to be.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I actually had somehow never seen The Brain That Wouldn't Die before and goddamn that film is bleak. Loved it. Thanks again, Fran! Hope we can do it again soon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TrixRabbi posted:

I actually had somehow never seen The Brain That Wouldn't Die before and goddamn that film is bleak. Loved it. Thanks again, Fran! Hope we can do it again soon.

It is a sleazy rear end film that gets ignored because of how goofy it looks.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just want to give a shout out to the organizers for putting everything together. I only stuck around for 3 of the movies but I very much enjoyed myself and hope this happens again. I seriously enjoyed all of the shorts and previews between the films. Lots of attention to detail. Good stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think my body has finally recovered from the marathon and prep work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Ditto, though now my body has decided that I'm waking up at 3am everyday whether I want to or not.