Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Franchescanado posted:

We'll see!

I'd like to emphasize to have a variety of ideas for film suggestions. It doesn't have to exclusively be creature features, or 50's teen movies, or horror/sci-fi. Also think about Westerns, action films, disaster movies, martial arts films, rom coms, musicals.

Any genre goes during Z-Fest.

It was hard enough thinking of some good horror entries, but any genre? There's too much stuff from the 70s that'd be good entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I'm looking forward to possibly seeing something I've not seen yet.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

It will be a cy.tube stream.

The same channel we use for the October viewings?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Irony.or.Death posted:

It's one of my favorite movies and I envy all of you who still get to see it for the first time.

Last time I saw it was back in the late 70s. One of the local theaters would often do special showings/theme nights and this was one of them. I can't remember what else it was shown with and all I remember of the movie was the skeleton guards and the one monster getting squished. If it gets added to the Z-Fest, I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Yep. You can't :ernest: in cytube, so discord wins by default

From all the Scream Streams my fiance's watched with me, it's become a sign of the season when there's an Ernest cartoon on and a mix of horror themed music on when he comes home.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Now that I've gotten some more sleep under my belt, thank you to those who put this together. I enjoyed it very much even if I was too tired to type coherently. If another happens, I'll be happy to be a part of it, just might hook up an espresso IV to myself first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

mllaneza posted:

I'm not gonna say only do marathons, a well-chosen double or triple feature is also a good idea. But the 24-hour marathon was great, even if I only got to see bits and pieces of it. drat glad I caught Lisztomania and Inframan though.

Something to consider is audience and organizer burnout. We don't want it to get to the point where it's just not fun for everyone involved. Something like a monthly marathon with a separate double or triple feature if the interest's there's an idea to start with.