Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
How are you going to decide on what to pick when everyone starts giving suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I am technically having no difficulties, but where are the people? None of you can even leave the house, get in the thing!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Excellent!

We're gonna keep the chat in the CineD Discord in the Z-Fest channel, so as to make things easier.

I'm gonna have to re-arrange my living room to accommodate this madness.

Eeeeehh, my computer is a piece of poo poo and that's probably not going to happen. But also why is it easier to do the chat on a different app instead of the chat window on the stream?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So I didn't even realize that this was just a test run because I was like "Oooooh! A link!" and clicked without reading the other stuff. Such is the life of a fat moron. I'll be there this weekend though, particularly during the unreasonable hours when none of you will be awake.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Since the movie marathon isn't for two days now would be a great time for everyone here to watch Cotton Comes to Harlem, which also happens to be the April Movie of the Month.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So if anyone has technical questions about how to work this crap I have a valuable contact who may or may not be a former poster here that was banished who says they will answer said questions.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hey what was the name of the guy in this movie?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hmmm, are you sure it was that? I don't seem to remember anyone saying that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I think Fran's asleep. We're currently watching

Lisztomania

Well that's the most accurate poster I've ever seen.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Who?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Friends Are Evil posted:

Trying to figure out Lisztomania at 5 in the morning is an experience I will never forget

There's not much to figure out, it was incredibly historically accurate.

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I watched the whole thing, and all I have to show for it are these lousy fond memories.

Princess Dragon Mom did nothing wrong!

She even gave all of her employees helmets unlike some other places of employment.

I WILL NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT THE loving HELMETS.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

We should do a Blaxploitation marathon with the trailer for Blackula between each movie and never play Blackula

You're dead to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Caligulamprey is also dead to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was not prepared for that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Even though i missed much of it
thanks to Fran and lurd for streaming this for us
and thank you all for riffing along

My commentary was especially hilarious at whatever point it was when you weren't there. Don't ask anyone else about it though, you can take my word for it.

fake edit: Imagine making Tommy and then going straight into making Lisztomania.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

PenguinKnight posted:

Thank you for setting this up, even if I was only there for Popcorn and Plan 9 I still had a really great time!

If you'd watched Lisztomania you probably wouldn't like movies anymore anyway.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Now that I've gotten some more sleep under my belt, thank you to those who put this together. I enjoyed it very much even if I was too tired to type coherently. If another happens, I'll be happy to be a part of it, just might hook up an espresso IV to myself first.

This is me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL22hXG5zow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe next time something like this gets organized there could be a thread poll for if people want another 24 hour marathon or two/three shorter ones. The marathon part is really interesting to me but I understand it means most people will miss some stuff.

With a marathon of any length people aren't going to see it all. But I think that's kind of neat because it means a lot of people get a different experience. I think the best way to do is to just have a consistent quality of the programming. This one was very well curated and I don't regret anything I missed because it was fun either way. If there are any stand outs that people really are interested in maybe we could put it up to a vote and stream single movies or just do a double or triple feature thing in between the long marathons like this. I don't think there's a wrong way to do this.

POSSESSOR

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

It's a good idea, I can see smaller blocks being a lot more successful. It was such a shame that there were so few of us during Matango, it was really one of the highlights of the night. The endurance challenge aspect really was fun though. I was kind of loopy by the last two movies, but it was an incredible experience.

I commend you for sitting through the whole marathon and still finding time to watch April movie of the month, Cotton Comes to Harlem.