Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The first Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorite movies (see avatar) but I'm going to have to go with Psycho as a franchise. If the Jurassic World movies didn't exist this might be a different conversation but those two really drag things down.

Also, this whole thing owns, great idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Leo is lucky that Critters 3 is no one's favorite.

Leo still probably doesn't like Critters 3 because it's over 25 years old.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Prophecy got my vote. I have a soft spot for angel and demon stuff and as mentioned Viggo Mortensen is a great Satan.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

As much as I really like the first Omen, I like a lot more of the Lector-related media out there so I voted for that.

I'll admit I haven't seen Basket Case but I recently found out that it was the first movie date my dad took my mom on. If my parents hadn't seen Basket Case would they have kept dating? Probably, yes but it still feels like bad luck if I vote against it in the first round.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

You need to see the OG stuff from the first round of films they did starting in 1957 with The Curse of Frankenstein, then Horror of Dracula in 58 and The Mummy in 59.

All of these plus The Devil Rides Out are some good Hammer movies.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Voted for Hammer Dracula. I love the first Tremors and what I've seen of the rest seem pretty entertaining as well but it's very hard to top the combined power of the Hammer aesthetic, Christopher Lee, and occasionally Peter Cushing. Horror of Dracula and Brides of Dracula are both really good and while the follow ups have diminishing returns I still can't help but find them very appealing.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Sad to see the end of Hammer Dracula, but I also have a fondness for Tremors so I'm can't be too upset. I do wonder if Hammer Frankenstein would have fared better. On the whole it's probably the stronger series of films and I don't think any of the Dracula movies ever stray as far from their comfort zone as far as Frankenstein Created Woman does.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Aliens vs Exorcist is tough. I ended up voting for Aliens since looking at it as a franchise it's much stronger. Each movie is very different from the last and the majority are good. The first two are great and I think Prometheus and Covenant are a great return to form for the main franchise after Resurrection.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Universal over Jason was an easy one. Something about Jason has just never clicked with me but I grew up watching Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.

Alien vs NOTLD was tough though. In the end I went with my gut, which told me Alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I voted Evil Dead but it was such a tough decision for me that I'm still happy with the results. This whole thing was a blast.

Whoops misread that the first result listed was best overall! In that case hail to the king, etc.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 8, 2020