Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shrecknet posted:

vs :thunk:

:ninja: looking at the early responses and if you fuckers put in BloodRayne over either Leprechaun or Puppet Master I will be v. cross

You gotta include the fact that the third Underworld takes place in Medieval times but they still put the female lead in skin tight latex. That's commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Evil Eight and Fatal Four are pretty low energy but serviceable alliteration

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If I had three wishes i could only use on horror movies, one of them would definitely be for Reba McEntire to return to the Tremors franchise

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The best part of any Friday the 13th movie is the fight between the last girl and Jason. Which is why Part 7 and X are the best ones.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Basebf555 posted:

I did not vote for Saw but I do think I can make a case for why someone might vote that way.

First, Saw was absolutely a Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street type phenomenon. It didn't have the staying power,

Did it not? There's a new Saw coming out this year. Meanwhile Ft13 and NoES are both dead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

One of the best parts of the Ft13 franchise is that from Jason's perspective, the events of Part 2 through Part 8 are like, a week. Parts 2, 3, and 4 are direct continuations of each other and take place from Friday to I think Monday. And then Jason's dead until part 6, dead between parts 6 and 7, and dead between parts 7 and 8.

Starting from Part 2, Jason just kills and kills and kills on a nonstop murder spree until he gets melted by radioactive waste into a non-disabled child in a Manhattan sewer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Origami Dali posted:

Not only that, but the campers are now talking about the "legend" of Jason, which was born out of him killing Alice in the first place. According to the movie, she was killed a couple of months after she killed Jason's mother. Later on in the movie, the police chief tells the new campers that "things have been quiet around here for 5 years, and that's the way we want to keep it". So it's been five years, which is plenty of time for Jason to turn into local legend.

OK so he did one revenge murder, then lived peacefully in the woods for five years and then a single like ten day murder spree until his evil and disability were cured by being melted by New York's daily toxic waste flush

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Uber Jason is good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Timeless Appeal posted:

SIDE-DEBATE:

If it came down to Friday vs Return of the Living Dead, is this essentially a dance off? If so, does the tag team of the Part 4 and Part 5 dances beat the Graveyard dance?

The decision between those two franchises would have to be made based on which one had the best cyborg battle, imo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started watching Ghoulies and dang this is not what I was expecting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

People don't talk enough about how good Predator 2 is. Predator 2 is a perfect example of how to do a sequel. It takes what worked in the original but moves it to a different location, with different characters. It's bigger than the first and expands on the lore in a way that feels natural. It codifies stuff implied in the first without limiting itself. And it has a fantastic performance from Danny Glover, which all sequels should have.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Predator 2 isn't just a great sequel, it's a great movie by itself. The depiction of a crime-ridden, global warmingified future Los Angeles oozes character in practically every shot. It's great social satire and great sci-fi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtMPVLDB2s

Dialogue from Predator 2 was sampled in a Sister Souljah song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWgPEUT_x0

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Having just watched all the Paranormal Activity movies I gotta say, that franchise should've gone further. The first two are the weakest but by the time you get to the Ghost Dimension it's pretty good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Paranormal Activity is especially notable because the first one is the second worst movie of the whole franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

poo poo WRONG THREAD

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 1, 2020