Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cooked Auto posted:

Flush with cash from his job on Solo Nobre, Johnny Fiveaces decides to expand his mercenary business.

yeah this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If my randomizer experience with FFVI has taught me anything it's that unbound randomness ends up benefitting the player so the entire party gets to go out with Paladin Shields and Illuminas.

I wanna see The story because every LPer on Youtube is incompetent as gently caress, but if that's too boring A STRANGER I REMAIN!!!

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 8, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
DFA, Dekker! SpiderMechMan! You can do it!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I actually consider big 'Mechs to be a disadvantage at the start. They're tough, but they're also often filled with explosives, expensive, and very time-consuming to refit before you get decent Argo upgrades. They force you to seek hard missions before you've got pilots capable of handling them so you can wind up in a death spiral before you realize it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm all in for randomness, so let's go with Johnny Five Aces

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I can't argue with random, so Johnny Fiveaces is always funny and garners a vote from me. I would really like to see the locusts, but I also would not want to put anyone playing Battletech through that struggle, even if you gifted yourself locusts loaded out with the best XL/DHS/Endo/FF armor.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Locusts aren't that bad, honestly.

One of the missions I'm really upset got lost was an orbital strike beacon mission where I brought JSON in a Locust and got him a solo kill (his only kill of the entire LP). The Locust was tricked out, but not that tricked out.

It ranks right up there with the Punchstarter one-shotting an Awesome with things I'm really sad I lost.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I would very much like to see Locust Swarm

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Going against the grain and requesting option 4 to see the story mode get absolutely wrecked, and because I have a vested interest in seeing Spiders pull off stupid physical confrontations against 'Mechs way out of their weight class.

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead
4) Story mode, please.
I keep thinking I'm doing okay this time and keep running into the brick wall of mechs that one-shot me after I finish the first few story missions. Want to see how an expert does it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Option 4, I´m all for watching you clown the main campaign and the warrior princess extraordinaire.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I vote Johnny Fiveaces.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Please clown on story mode, thanks.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Johnny Five-Aces first person narration throughout.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Hope to see you wreck story mode.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
As much as it's tempting to vote for Johnny Fiveaces, I'm going to pick Option 4 because I want to see you clown on the story missions

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Story time, please.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
While I've played the campaign, I would love to see you clown on it so Story Time with PTN sounds nice.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Clown on Story Mode please.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Clown on story mode. Show us how it's done.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I will say I'm standing by my previous vote but I am keen on the story mode as I haven't really watched Tex's Scrombles the Mechwarrior videos yet.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Putting my vote in for All Locusts, All the Time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Un étranger et cinq criquets, por favor

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Pharnakes posted:

How could we pass on Johnny five aces?

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny fiveaces is hard to pass up but man I wanna see PTN Clown on the story

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I would also like clown on the story, but the Fiveaces run seems like it'd be interesting too. Although once you can start getting your own mechs, it seems like it'd fall into line as a normal go.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Put some clown makeup on it's time to make a princess look the putz

although admittedly fiveaces is super tempting - RNG always makes the funny happen

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

:hmmno:

:hmmyes:

For a mod only I'll probably ever see, I'm having fun with this. Since most of them are cockpit mods, there's a common version that does the thing and a rare version that can soak a pilot hit too (or, in some cases, a rare version and an ultra-rare version).

"Extra cockpit monitors let the pilot adjust their fusion engine output in real time, allowing them to push their energy weapons to the limit without burning them out. An enterprising technician has installed third-party surge protectors to help keep the monitors from exploding in combat."

"An attempt to emulate the Assassin's unique Intercept System, this advanced tracking system takes up a lot of cockpit space but adds a leading reticule to help the unit engage small, fast targets. Its highly specialized predictive trajectory tracking allows it to ignore 3 EVASIVE charges on its targets. Some idiot welded an armor plate over the cooling fans on the back."

"This pile of electronics may look like junk at a glance, but it constantly broadcasts broad-spectrum noise designed to interfere with BattleMech targeting systems, making the user harder to hit. Yang says most of these components just blink or make beeping noises, he left it in to catch shrapnel."

QuikScell products :allears:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 8, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PoptartsNinja posted:

4) Clown on story mode instead
The catch: Dekker gets a Spider and I have to keep him alive to the end. If I successfully accomplish this I have to DFA the final boss with Dekker's Spider.

Dekk the bad uncle with Dekker

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

4) Clown on story mode instead
The catch: Dekker gets a Spider and I have to keep him alive to the end. If I successfully accomplish this I have to DFA the final boss with Dekker's Spider.

This is giving me Snake Pit Spider vs Kraken vibes and I'm all for it. :allears:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

QuikScell :allears:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Take us to story mode because I've never actually finished the campaign

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's not a pure QuikScell experience because this stuff actually works.

The true QuikScell experience would be for me to also duplicate all of the equipment except the duplicates all have negative buff values so it's a 50/50 shot whether your new expensive power management equipment gives you a 20% bonus or a -20% nerf and you won't know until you take it into battle and actually use it.

That isn't fun, though, so I won't be doing that. :v:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PTN, is the story campaign does win the vote, will you use the mod that makes the flashpoints pop up during story mode?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm considering it, I didn't think a story mode run would be this popular.

I was psyching myself up for Locusts.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Since there will be very few locusts, bring a single grasshopper.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Story mode with only locusts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

goatface posted:

And also Dekker's Spider

Use royal locusts for THAT mission :v:

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Cooked Auto posted:

Flush with cash from his job on Solo Nobre, Johnny Fiveaces decides to expand his mercenary business.

Imagine 4 Urbies on the side of a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Johnny Fiveaces

Edit: or this

goatface posted: