Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am sad you could not get that SWEET SWEET crab :crab:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

I hate Schreck carriers with a vengeance.

Mostly because I had one pull a sheer moment on me. Three turns, three rounds firing at my 7-8 pip Griffin (I specifically sent it up there to distract/take care of it and kept jumping around, got unlucky rolls on my SRM's) and all 9 PPC's hit the center torso, coring it out. It was the Schreck that couldn't miss :shepicide:

Schreck is one of the most dangerous vee's due to that triple ppc combo. Since vee's have to be heat neutral with their energy armament it can shoot you in the face with the ppcs forever.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Explain? (This is explicitly a request for a loredump.)

Edit: Sometimes on hot planets, I switch strategies to "heavily armored jumpy mediums with SRMs" instead.

House Steiner's thing is assault mechs (and some heavies) but mostly assault mechs. Their idea of a light mech is the Hollander (gauss rifle on legs). However Steiner has things like a functioning economy and industrial base and thus can afford to throw assault mechs at their problems.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

berryjon posted:

I'm 95% sure that it's known well enough that Kerensky fled the Sphere to the East, towards the region of the Outworlds Alliance, and yet we're on the South side of the IS here. It seems like a stretch that people would get from A to B there.

And yes, I know my hypocrisy here, with the Clans coming in from the North.

If it misjumped it could have ended up there from anywhere. Misjumps in BattleTech are similar to 40k having the warpdrive go bad and you end up 300 years in the past etc.