Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
They didn't show the time Hawk took both a chokeslam and a frog splash from Kane and RVD. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
WELL LADY I RESENT YOUR TONE

gently caress you Vince.

Red posted:

I have to imagine Vince's response to tragedies is always "How could they do this to me?"

Benoit kills his family and himself, setting off months of intense media scrutiny and changes to the industry? "How could he do this to me? I rescued him from WCW, he never told me he was sad!"

Martha's suing? "How could she do this to me? I said I was sad and did a tribute show!"

Bret refusing to drop the belt to Shawn? "How could he do this to me? I let him go to WCW!"

Eddie, Crash, Hawk, Bulldog, Perfect, Bossman, etc. dying at a young age, raising suspicions about the long term health of wrestlers = "How could they do this to me? Why didn't they take better care of themselves?"

Snuka controversy returns? "How could they do this to me? That was over 30 years ago!"

The one I wasn't even aware of before NY64 was when Pillman died and they had a live interview with his widow on the very next Raw. As multiple people on the Internet have pointed out, it's really not a "We're so sorry for your loss" interview, but as you say a "How could he do this to me, Vince McMahon?" interview.

gently caress you Vince.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Chris James 2 posted:

I can believe someone not familiar with Jim's past beyond what Jim wants you to hear of Jim's past would think not-too-badly of him

One glance at the fact we have a currently-53-page-long thread devoted to quarantining Jim talk because he's such a piece of poo poo it actively makes other threads difficult to want to read would snap a good amount of us out of that, but I can believe not everyone knows about even the anti-Muslim rants, even though those were like the first things I heard about him in the last decade post-TNA/ROH

Exactly. Like, I knew Cornette was a shithead anyway, but I'd never heard that specific audio posted with the tweet above until now. I'm into wrestling, but not enough to follow every misdemeanour, and I have absolutely zero desire to read the Cornette thread.

I remember posting during one of the NY64 tournaments that I had been led to believe that the allegations surrounding Jerry Lawler in 1993 were shaky at best, until Bix replied to me with some well-researched evidence that did not cast him in a good light at all. Some of us need to be educated now and then, and whilst some might be construed as being a bit brash about it, I guess sometimes that's what you need to underline the severity of it all. Speaking of which, Lawler would probably be a good Dark Side episode.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was it during the Plane Ride From Hell where X-Pac cut off Michael Hayes' mullet also? That would be a good capstone to Flair rubbing his dick on everything and Hall almost dying for a few hours.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Beyond the Mat is currently on Netflix in the UK and even now the bits with Jake and his dad are sad and deeply disturbing.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Who was even penalised for it, just Hall and Perfect? Did Flair's antics have anything to do with him being removed as the top heel authority figure on Raw, or was that going to happen anyway?

Looking forward to the new season, though yeah, the Smith episode is going to be absolute misery.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've heard a few stories about the lengths Pillman went to in order to sell the Loose Cannon character, some of which I've seen evidence of (unexpectedly manhandling a fragile "off-limits" Bobby Heenan in WCW) and others which seem a bit weirder (taking a poo poo on the floor in someone's house and possibly eating it?). I think the appeal though is in the perfect storm of him being involved in a tasteless Attitude Era rape angle, almost immediately dying due to a drug problem, and then that horrible interview with his widow on the next Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Tbf, how many Japanese businesses DON'T have ties to the Yakuza, especially pro wrestling companies.