Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I never get tired of how funny it is for Cena to sell terror at the crab walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hahahaha I tuned in after seeing this thread (woo GDTs!) and I'm rewarded with Cena/Wyatt :lol:

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I was going to ask earlier if this match was worth watching. I wish I asked.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Dango Bango posted:

Hahahaha I tuned in after seeing this thread (woo GDTs!) and I'm rewarded with Cena/Wyatt :lol:

Time is a flat circle.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

John Cena taking out the Exalted One

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Why on earth is this match this long

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I actually like this match for the most part

e: I can't remember, is Bray the last guy Cena buried before going on his redemption tour?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The little hug to that kid though :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddamn Michael Cole is too much

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somehow that wasn't even the worst Cena/Wyatt match :psyduck:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Are...are they spoiling match results in their previews?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Are...are they spoiling match results in their previews?

Sort of also Paul Heyman is an amazing promo during that time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol I totally forgot about Taker's lovely mohawk

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

OH YEAH Taker is gonna come out, for some reason, he's going to be SUPER fuckin red. For the life of me I can't remember why.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
What's with the product placement 3 inches from Brock's dick?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jiro posted:

OH YEAH Taker is gonna come out, for some reason, he's going to be SUPER fuckin red. For the life of me I can't remember why.

Wait is this the match where he got burned? I thought that was an Elimination Chamber

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still can't believe Brock got a penis tattooed on his chest just to cover up a scar

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lol so many Shawn Michaels coffins.

Edit: Yeah it's this one where he's super loving sunburned or some poo poo.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 23, 2020

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
With how hard they were pushing "The Streak", was it really that surprising when Taker lost here?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It wasn't surprising but it was stupid. Brock needed the rub from breaking the streak less than maybe anyone else in WWE

It also makes Roman beating Taker at Mania being a big deal hilarious because at that point Taker's streak was "oh hey I beat that giant loser Bray Wyatt last year"

Roman beating Taker was pre-Taker squashing Cena IIRC?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Homeybeef posted:

With how hard they were pushing "The Streak", was it really that surprising when Taker lost here?

You have to understand SIX loving YEARS ago, we had some shred of hope that while Cena was rampaging through everyone they wouldn't give something like that away to a "part timer". Lol we were so stupid. And still are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE'S SO loving RED. Extra Crispy Taker.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jiro posted:

Haha holy poo poo you were not lying

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

oh gently caress I forgot about "let's do thIIIIS?" until I saw that sign.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Intruder posted:

It wasn't surprising but it was stupid. Brock needed the rub from breaking the streak less than maybe anyone else in WWE

It also makes Roman beating Taker at Mania being a big deal hilarious because at that point Taker's streak was "oh hey I beat that giant loser Bray Wyatt last year"

The whole point was to make Brock the Final Boss of the company (including murdering Cena for the title, which was originally going to be Bryan's spot before he became a farm) that one valiant hero would finally take down at the next year's Mania. And we all know it was a brilliant plan that worked out perfectly for everyone involved.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

I believe so.

And Jim Valley was hilarious on Friday's WOL when he said the only guy that got over in this match was the wide-eyed guy at the end.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benne posted:

The whole point was to make Brock the Final Boss of the company (including murdering Cena for the title, which was originally going to be Bryan's spot before he became a farm) that one valiant hero would finally take down at the next year's Mania. And we all know it was a brilliant plan that worked out perfectly for everyone involved.

It really did, cause Roman ended up winning and Seth cashed in and poo poo all over Roman. That was pretty hilarious.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

I believe so.

And Jim Valley was hilarious on Friday's WOL when he said the only guy that got over in this match was the wide-eyed guy at the end.

That dude rules

I love the Brock Lobster vs Actual Lobster aesthetic in this match

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Taker using K Groove at full POW! was a bad idea for this match.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cole: At any time do you expect the pace to quicken in this match?

lol this is a Taker match so no

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when we thought this would be Taker's last match and he just kept loving going for another 6 years

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benne posted:

Remember when we thought this would be Taker's last match and he just kept loving going for another 6 years

Remember when Michelle McCool forgot to get her husband out of the tanning booth and he came out inflamed and beet red? Seriously it's only his chest and his face what the gently caress happened?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jesus this crowd is deader than a doornail

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This match is even worse than I remembered it being

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

Jesus this crowd is deader than a doornail

Can you blame them? This match is boring as poo poo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jiro posted:

Remember when Michelle McCool forgot to get her husband out of the tanning booth and he came out inflamed and beet red? Seriously it's only his chest and his face what the gently caress happened?

They told him to get burnt so that when Brock also turned red five minutes in people would just assume there's something wrong with their TV

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Two guys working in slow motion to absolute dead silence is a nice little preview of this year's Mania

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why the gently caress did they have Shayna bite Becky to start off the feud?

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Yeah, it's a terrible match until the last 10 seconds or so. Then the disinterest silence becomes stunned silence.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Remember when finishing moves actually finished matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They skipped a bunch of the match, right? It wasn't just plod, plod, plod, F5 was it?