Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

whowhatwhere posted:

How dare you show no loyalty to School Legend Johnny Hats :colbert:

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER AND ORANGE BOWL MVP JOHNNY HATS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

whowhatwhere posted:

How dare you show no loyalty to School Legend Johnny Hats :colbert:

Not gonna lie...the nature of this format means that the 40 OVRs will get bumped pretty fast. Our new guy, (name withheld since he'll probably be renamed), will probably break all of those records before bowl week.

...or maybe not. Things get pretty weird in season 2. You've got guys that are vastly superior to the initial starters, and then you have those guys still on the field. There's going to be a lot of unbalanced stat lines depending on who I'm playing and where there stars are. We'll see.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER AND ORANGE BOWL MVP JOHNNY HATS!!!

...without looking, I think he might be a senior anyway :v:

EDIT: Nope, he's a Sophomore.

Professor Duck fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 12, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think our rivals should be south carolina or arizona state. Jesus said turn the other cheek, but I don't think BYU should be so forgiving after getting screwed out of being the first ever football champions.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I think our rivals should be south carolina or arizona state. Jesus said turn the other cheek, but I don't think BYU should be so forgiving after getting screwed out of being the first ever football champions.

Jesus may have said turn the other cheek but Joseph Smith said build a private army and gently caress up the local newspaper.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

ilmucche posted:

I have every intention of smashing South Carolina this coming year :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Jesus may have said turn the other cheek but Joseph Smith said build a private army and gently caress up the local newspaper.

OP rename the team please

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Did we play Utah? I don't remember a Holy War this season

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't think bama make a load of sense in this new football era. Sure, in our real NCAA hellworld the SEC is the ninth circle but in fantasy NCAA land none of these teams have any history and nobody knows who the gently caress bama is. Teams like Kansas or whoever else is good at basketball are probably the most popular because march madness would be the biggest NCAA draw.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

mercenarynuker posted:

Did we play Utah? I don't remember a Holy War this season

No Utah this season. I can make that happen next season, though

ilmucche posted:

I don't think bama make a load of sense in this new football era. Sure, in our real NCAA hellworld the SEC is the ninth circle but in fantasy NCAA land none of these teams have any history and nobody knows who the gently caress bama is. Teams like Kansas or whoever else is good at basketball are probably the most popular because march madness would be the biggest NCAA draw.

Well, right now I have 2 votes for screwing with Nick Sabin, but nothing else. I'll have to muck around in the data, but I'm pretty sure you have have more than 1 rival.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

We should definitely gently caress up Utah annually.

ilmucche i hear what you are saying and my response is: we want bama

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I mean yeah, gently caress saban (war eagle) is a sentiment I completely agree with. I'll vote South Carolina for rival though.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

ilmucche posted:

I mean yeah, gently caress saban (war eagle) is a sentiment I completely agree with. I'll vote South Carolina for rival though.

How about this? I'll make sure that Utah, Utah State, South Carolina, and Alabama are on the schedule this year. Since we're an independent I can make that happen :hai:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hey you're the boss! I'm looking forward to another season of injury laden "GET BACK IN THERE" football!

The wiggly lines in away games still make me laugh.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

As long as I get a juxtompton the second ill be happy

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

grill youre saelf posted:

As long as I get a juxtompton the second ill be happy

Well, that's coming up. I just wrapped season one today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6beaeGxb0s

We did well for ourselves, and I'll be outlining the claiming process in another post in a bit--I want to make sure that I get everything square before I put it up.

I'll have to make some other alterations to the thread, so keep an eye out for in the next couple hours. :v:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

....and we're ready to start putting it together:

So, here's the breakdown on positions. I'll post this on the episode list so its easy to find, too. I'll be updating it as positions are claimed. You have until SUNDAY at 7:00 PM EST to claim your roster spot!

The only rule is: pick some names that are different than what has already been used. There is an 11 character limit per name (found that out due to "Weatherfield" not fitting).
The link to the details video is here

Here's what available, and how many spots:
QB = 1
HB = 1
FB = 1
WR = 4
TE= 3
O LINE = 5
D LINE = 3
LB = 3
CB = 5
FS = 1
SS = 1
K = 1
P = 1

Have at it! :v:

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Hb 24 big bucketofbeef

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

K 97 Anders Mortensen

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

QB 4 Cumorah Moroni

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

P 15 Penn Fifteene

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Hb 24 big bucketofbeef

Is that the name, or is that what I'm making him?

I don't think it'll fit, since its 12 letters.

Rock Hardcastle, maybe? "Space Munity" MST3K names are great for this. :v:

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Professor Duck posted:

Is that the name, or is that what I'm making him?

I don't think it'll fit, since its 12 letters.

Rock Hardcastle, maybe? "Space Munity" MST3K names are great for this. :v:

ok how about
HB 24 Greasy Orphan

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I probably should've said numbers aren't guaranteed, since I know 4 is Hats' number, and he's still on the roster. I'll get as close as I can.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

QB 4 Cumorah Moroni

Convenient that the dude's from Utah, I guess :v:

ok how about
HB 24 Greasy Orphan

I'll probably shift the first name to Griese and play if off as if the dud's father was obsessed with the Dolphins, but I can use that, sure.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Ok I’m going to claim the entire offensive line since 1) I don’t think anyone wants a loving O-lineman and b) seriously who wants an o-lineman? OP feel free to override me on this if anyone claims literally a single boring rear end line man ok here goes

LT: Prick Baxter
LG: Buck Pucker
C: Orville Nash
RG: Red Brown
LG: Virtual Balboa
RT: Smitty

sprotto fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 16, 2020

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

WR 49 David Crockett

Not sure if you want specific picks for the positions with multiple, but if so, I'll grab the athlete prospect Williams. Hopefully we'll see some more completed passes this season!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Suntoucher posted:

Ok I’m going to claim the entire offensive line since 1) I don’t think anyone wants a loving O-lineman and b) seriously who wants an o-lineman? OP feel free to override me on this if anyone claims literally a single boring rear end line man ok here goes

LT: Prick Baxter
LG: Buck Pucker
C: Orville Nash
RG: Red Brown
LG: Virtual Balboa
RT: Smitty

I don't imagine anyone wanting a O lineman, so I will give you the O line unless someone else comes in and really wants one.

However, I can't have single name characters (no blank fields), so Smitty Baxter plays LT, and Virtual Balboa plays RT now.

Nick Buntline posted:

WR 49 David Crockett

Not sure if you want specific picks for the positions with multiple, but if so, I'll grab the athlete prospect Williams. Hopefully we'll see some more completed passes this season!

Since you're the first one that wants a WR, I'll put you at the top of the depth chart. I don't remember off-hand who I shuffled over there, but you'll get that one.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

66 Sucmy Haribahls CB

Make him as short as possible, make him fast, and make him angry. That's all I ask.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

HereticMIND posted:

66 Sucmy Haribahls CB

Make him as short as possible, make him fast, and make him angry. That's all I ask.

I'll do just about all of that. I'm gonna veto the name, though. Gimme something else.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

I'll do just about all of that. I'm gonna veto the name, though. Gimme something else.

Crap.

Wilson VonWilson

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013
I am someone with little experience with football but I have been having a blast watching the games. Clownball has been so much fun.
Could I get a player who will receive the ball, no clue about position, named Captain Oblivous to encourage more catching.
That or to chuckle when the ball bounces off his head.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

HereticMIND posted:

Crap.

Wilson VonWilson

Done!

Kainblueriver posted:

I am someone with little experience with football but I have been having a blast watching the games. Clownball has been so much fun.
Could I get a player who will receive the ball, no clue about position, named Captain Oblivous to encourage more catching.
That or to chuckle when the ball bounces off his head.

How about Obie Livious? It's a little closer to a real name.

As for position, I'll make him a TE. He'll get his chances to catch (or not catch) the ball

Professor Duck fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 16, 2020

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Duck posted:

How about Obie Livious? It's a little closer to a real name.

As for position, I'll make him a TE. He'll get his chances to catch (or not catch) the ball

That works for me!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I think Poindexter Nurdlie would be a good fit as a defensive tackle!

Nerdly is too on the nose and Nurdlie seems like a nice European-type last name, or something, I dunno.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Putting forward Östan Härkås, the Scandinavian exchange student. Position and number aren't important, as long as he gets some play time!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Armitage posted:

I think Poindexter Nurdlie would be a good fit as a defensive tackle!

Nerdly is too on the nose and Nurdlie seems like a nice European-type last name, or something, I dunno.

Works for me! he's on the D line!

Covski posted:

Putting forward Östan Härkås, the Scandinavian exchange student. Position and number aren't important, as long as he gets some play time!

I'm pretty certain I can't do special characters (I'll take a closer look when I go to edit), but I'll keep the name. I also have an excellent LB I picked up that would work well!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Give me Fullback Beef Chunks.

Oh and Number 44 as well if you don't mind.

Please use him in the I Formation and Goaline sets. I want to see him run over people.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 17, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Donna Lawson and Alizée Grignard either lining up as safeties or together on the D line please.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Give me Fullback Beef Chunks.

Oh and Number 44 as well if you don't mind.

Please use him in the I Formation and Goaline sets. I want to see him run over people.

Biff Chuks? Sounds like it's with an accent. Also a little closer to a legit name. Sorry I'm being weird about it. Number shouldn't be a problem

ilmucche posted:

Donna Lawson and Alizée Grignard either lining up as safeties or together on the D line please.

It'd be easy to make them free and strong safeties. Name might be a touch modified because I'm pretty sure I can't do special characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'd be surprised if the game had accents in. My autocorrect flips between languages so it got thrown in automatically :v:

It's Archie's sister! Getting some continuity up in this. Storylines and the like.