Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
I have no real opinion about team, but I’ll throw my hat in to be a player. Ace Bottle, tight end, number 7, 5’8” and 157 lbs, let’s say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Ow, that was a nasty tackle I took the instant (and only time) I touched the ball. At least I seem to be doing okay-ish on blocking?

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Clearly the problem is I'm not getting turned into cream of onion soup enough, throw me the ball.

Real talk, I'm surprised that my character is performing semi-decently - I was expecting with all the things the position should be capable of, I would be flat terrible at everything. But usually I seem to hold the blocks ok, and the two times I was thrown the ball in the right zipcode and without a guy directly in my face I caught it (and immediately ate poo poo).

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Hey, I finally dropped a pass! Also, got injured during a play I was not in :ghost:

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Hell yeah! My first touchdown!

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

killer_robot posted:

What are you trying to do with all those leaps mid field at the end of a run? Does this make the player move faster?

Some of the players seem to hop along faster than they run (probably "hopping" just goes by animation speed not by player speed, but our players are slow enough that it's unintentionally faster).

Unrelatedly, man, my player had a great game. Nice to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
This is a little late, but if you're cool with it, I'd love a tight end named Ace Bogard and/or a defensive line named Henry Fisher.