Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
bring em young to Brigham Young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if fast enough 6'8 185 is probably a viable wideout or corner

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Saburo "Sa" Nakamura, 6'1 180lbs #7 azn american kicker

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

really enjoying this clownball

my kicking game is uh, not real good. BUT I KICKED A FIELD GOAL and a PAT. that is pretty good compared to competition

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I love that the idea of a 25 yard field goal is a terrifying proposition for these guys, but it's played completely straight. Even PAT I think are better going for 2, but by god we're kicking that wiffle ball

have you seen us go for 2

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Seems like the smart thing to do is go full 1910's era run the ball every down no forward pass hard nosed old school clouds of dust football.

nah we hosed crushed it on slants and screens because nobody can tackle or run in coverage on a slant

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the bottom of the depth chart has the same skill level as the starters though

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

my dude in week 2 did uhhh OK i guess, nice kicker tackle and a couple of good PATs but also some less good PATs. i almost made that field goal at the end!

week 3 uhh not ideal

does my guy improve in kicking skill over time or is he just kinda hosed? i saw you outchea recruiting kickers.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if our guys get replaced can we claim and rename the new guys?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

HereticMIND posted:

Maybe edit your videos and then post a highlight reel of the funniest/most interesting plays.

nothing is actually interesting except the slow inexorable grind of terrible football

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

paul johnson GA tech style triple option/veer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Suntoucher posted:

Yeah this. I personally think it’s the best playbook in general since I’m a big triple option fan, but I genuinely think it’d be perfect for our situation too since the triple option gives an advantage to a sub-par team in many ways.

you can run it out of the gun, rather than under center, which i think could help us jazz it up a bit and take some shots downfield

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

after watching the latest video i've decided to say No to shots downfield

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

what about mississippi state? option out of the gun bay bee

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

That's actually our opponent next week. We could play a mirror game, perhaps?

I'm now down a rabbit hole. New Mexico evidently ran a lot of triple option out of the shotgun and pistol.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hope you are doing OK, Prof. Duck.

How in the name of gently caress was Oregon State #1 the week we played Mississippi State? :psyduck: Can you post Top 25 each week along with the videos, if not too much work?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

I haven't had too much success breaking tackles, especially on the outside

how much of that might be due to the ineptitude of players?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hope you get back to 100% soon. Random dude on the internet rooting for you.

Selfishly, this LP is extremely entertaining to me so I insist that you keep it going.

edit: oh man that top 10 is glorious

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 21, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you should cross post this jawn in SAS/TFF if you haven't already

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you should cross post in tff. check with mod maybe but the peeps love this type of poo poo even if there's real sports.

Covski posted:

As a non-american goon, I've been enjoying this thread despite having a vague understanding at best of the game. I've actually seen one or two games irl, due the fact that one of my flatmates used to play for one of the better Swedish teams (which I assume puts them roughly on par with the teams in the LP :v:)

I have a fair understanding of the rules (though I had to remember/figure out a few things by watching), but I'd enjoy if you went into more details regarding the tactics/playbooks and general terminology in the videos. That might make it more attractive to a wider audience, and would also be an interesting thing to talk about in the commentary.

this will probably work better outside of the LP. there are some good introductions to football video watching. https://theathletic.com/1145757/2019/10/29/how-to-watch-football-like-an-expert-from-the-comfort-of-your-couch/ is good, ted nguyen is generally decent. i believe the article covers NFL rules and there are some variations but principles are the same.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Man I gotta catch up on all three of these videos this weekend. Thanks for truckin through it!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If the extra point attempt is blocked or short, and the defense tries to return it, you can have a one point safety if the returner is tackled in the end zone. That’s almost certainly what happened. It happened in a Oregon vs K-state game like a decade ago.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

this was rad so far. WE WUZ ROBBED. opinions:

Team--Do we continue with BYU or do we choose another team? (if yes, I'll figure out what teams are going to offer us a contract and give that list here) Stick with BYU, we gotta win a national title
Team (cont'd)--if we stay with BYU, do we join a conference? If yes, which one? Stay independent, but if we must let's try to join the SEC
League--do we reform the way the conferences are formatted? We can make them locked to specific regions, we can randomly assign teams to conferences, we can create a relegation system (which I've already done and have a system to do it with), or we can leave them alone Let's leave em alone for now
Bowls--do we edit or remove bowl tie-ins? (That means the winner of specific conferences go play in specific bowls) Bowl tie ins are good
Stadium--do we change up the stadium a little? (like, use the black field for home games, for example). Our stadium is very senic, we should keep the majestic Wasatch. However if you want to make the turf black that would be pretty rad
Rivals--do we re-assign any rivalries we have? make a rivalry with bama
Schedule--any specific teams we should play? we want bama
Recruiting focus--should we try and beef up specific positions? games are won in the trenches beef up them lines

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MARYLAND - WIDE
PISTOL - FLEXBONE TRIPS

the first is extremely funny to me and i think the second could arguably be useful

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

I think there could be some fun to be had with the Maryland I. It makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yq2Rwtcm9M

One play. 9 blockers, and one wide receiver. I could hot route everyone to pass block and let the WR just run. I don't think it'll work TOO well, but it could be funny to try at some point :v:

This is extremely good, and I hadn't seen this one. Only downside is our receivers are not good. Please be including all Maryland plays, there's only three that I saw in the video.

edit: watchin the bowl video and my kicker owns. FG and a bunch of PAT and a big tackle on a KO.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 11, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

How dare you show no loyalty to School Legend Johnny Hats :colbert:

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER AND ORANGE BOWL MVP JOHNNY HATS!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I think our rivals should be south carolina or arizona state. Jesus said turn the other cheek, but I don't think BYU should be so forgiving after getting screwed out of being the first ever football champions.

Jesus may have said turn the other cheek but Joseph Smith said build a private army and gently caress up the local newspaper.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

We should definitely gently caress up Utah annually.

ilmucche i hear what you are saying and my response is: we want bama

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

QB 4 Cumorah Moroni

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I support FCS Supremacy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

(watching Bama) Why are you making my guy field punts and yeet INTs??? my stats!

Also I'm so stoked that he's black. Conservative elements of the Church must be pissed

edit: SCHOOL PASSING RECORD BAY BEE

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 26, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

im just giving you poo poo, i feel a lot better since The Angel Moroni is still slangin it all over the field and shredded TCU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

please dont make my beautiful baby boy play cornerback

84 yd TD run tho yeeah

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

oh no my heisman campaign

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i noticed, prof duck! i just figured you didn't need me bugging you in the thread.

rainbow warriors vs mormons makes sense as a thematic rivalry but it's probably due to the fact that they are the two biggest Western FBS independents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

This was a great time, thanks for running it! Hopefully your computer issues aren't something more major.

all hail Cumorah Moroni, Heisman Winner!