Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

We should be those who are truly blessed in this new age of football.

Bring'em young to brigham young.

Playbook should probably be focused on running the ball because lol if we're going to find guys who throw AND catch. At least everyone will be able to stumble forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can we submit women players? I imagine the portraits are all men, but since we're making up players anyway.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jane Stevens, #54. Looking to carve out a place for women in this newly revived sport. 6'0"" and 180 pounds, she hopes her height will help her in the defensive secondary

Archie "poindexter" lawson. used to playing d&d, Archie sees this as a way to become popular and get do some damage to all the jocks who want to star on offence. More comfortable with dice in his hands than a ball, he tries out as a 6'3", 260 lb outside defensive lineman.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I guess the good news is that the second string is exactly as good as the first string

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I love that the idea of a 25 yard field goal is a terrifying proposition for these guys, but it's played completely straight. Even PAT I think are better going for 2, but by god we're kicking that wiffle ball

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

have you seen us go for 2

A good point

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

there's anything I should be doing differently?
Maybe around halfway through the season settle on a playbook? Could use the excuse that the mormons have tried a few and decided which one is the holy one that will bring them a title? It would give more consistency and could play to the team's pitifully few strengths.

Also I think you should stop scoring less points than the other team, and start scoring more.

Any things that you'd like to see?

A completed pass from our quarterback :v:

The recruits all look way better than what's there at the moment. I'm assuming there coming in at the 55-60 levels the scouts are picking out?

The social distancing dome was really solid if a bit dark. The acoustics in there were wild.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 6, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Way to go lawson on picking that ball up and having 0 notable stats otherwise.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Professor Duck posted:

Here's the next week in the Dynasty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0N2zfZ7718

There's some good plays in there....along with the same typical bad football you've come to know and love throughout this series :v:

We get our first pick-six!

I'm excited to catch up on this this weekend but drat I'm hoping it was stevens

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Why is it that the routes for receivers always seem to be going crazy before the plays?

Caught up on the mizzou game. Noticed at the end you talk about the pick six, and say the team had one interception on the day. Way to minimize the accomplishments of the only woman on the team, coach. She signed up to stick it to people like you! :mad:

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 4, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Random thing I noticed in the last video: At 50:30 there's a priority score alert and it cuts to Nebraska being down 16-1 to penn state. I thought one point plays could only happen on conversions, so I guess they gave up a touchdown then forced penn state back 80+ yards to score the single?

Also they scored another 2 points. Apparently nebraska is only scoring safeties there.

Introduce the rouge into your heathenous yankee football.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If the extra point attempt is blocked or short, and the defense tries to return it, you can have a one point safety if the returner is tackled in the end zone. That’s almost certainly what happened. It happened in a Oregon vs K-state game like a decade ago.

To get an extra point attempt they would've had to score a touchdown though. They had 1 point on the board. The only way that can happen is if they safety the other team on the other team's extra point attempt.

I remember watching that bowl game with the 1 point play on tv. Was far too excited about it.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 8, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think our rivals should be south carolina or arizona state. Jesus said turn the other cheek, but I don't think BYU should be so forgiving after getting screwed out of being the first ever football champions.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Jesus may have said turn the other cheek but Joseph Smith said build a private army and gently caress up the local newspaper.

OP rename the team please

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't think bama make a load of sense in this new football era. Sure, in our real NCAA hellworld the SEC is the ninth circle but in fantasy NCAA land none of these teams have any history and nobody knows who the gently caress bama is. Teams like Kansas or whoever else is good at basketball are probably the most popular because march madness would be the biggest NCAA draw.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I mean yeah, gently caress saban (war eagle) is a sentiment I completely agree with. I'll vote South Carolina for rival though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hey you're the boss! I'm looking forward to another season of injury laden "GET BACK IN THERE" football!

The wiggly lines in away games still make me laugh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Donna Lawson and Alizée Grignard either lining up as safeties or together on the D line please.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'd be surprised if the game had accents in. My autocorrect flips between languages so it got thrown in automatically :v:

It's Archie's sister! Getting some continuity up in this. Storylines and the like.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Just started watching the first game. Was excited to see that the fastest, strongest and most agile member of the team was the angry french woman at safety only for her to go out for season the first kick return. c'est la vie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Professor Duck posted:

Yeah....I wasn't happy about that, either. Can't say I expected that from the get-go, but that's the danger of playing a sport that has only had 1 season completed in the last 100+ years.

It's a shame because next season the league might catch up to her. she could've held a record for kickoff returns blowing past 45-50 speed losers :v: