Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

macabresca posted:

Speaking of God of High School, does anybody here knows the source material? I heard that the plot is not very good

I think it just had really quick power escalation, but this is based on reading it and getting bored like 4 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

macabresca posted:

Speaking of God of High School, does anybody here knows the source material? I heard that the plot is not very good

The plot is...weird but the fights are very good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
God of High School's plot is adequate to its job: making the cool and likeable characters have very cool and well-drawn fights.

Power escalation isn't actually much of an issue after the first couple of arcs. Things escalate at the end of each arc then kind of return to normal for the next.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 10, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

esselfortium posted:

I was unprepared for anything that the HxEros premiere threw at me. First few minutes were stale mediocre ecchi, then Things Happened and I was just at a loss for words at what I was witnessing. I'm glad I went in blind on this one.

I swear someone came up with that name and worked backwards to make it a series.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I swear someone came up with that name and worked backwards to make it a series.

That is entirely plausible.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've made d&d characters that way.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is apparently the Rent a Girlfriend show, which I know literally nothing about, but drat that op looks slick

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1281708921342894082?s=19

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The guy who voices the main male lead also voiced Asta from Black clover who is probably the most obnoxiously voiced character in all of anime. So I don't have high hopes for it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

The guy who voices the main male lead also voiced Asta from Black clover who is probably the most obnoxiously voiced character in all of anime. So I don't have high hopes for it.
Shun Horie voiced him in the OVA. Gakuto Hajiwara is the VA that voices him in the still-ongoing anime and had a really rough start with his voice grating the poo poo out of people at first.

Funnily enough, though, they're both voicing the main character and one of the few notable male friends in the show.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Date A Live is getting a two-part movie release featuring everyone's favorite time-stopping gun user.

Gakkou Gurashi has started an epilogue manga.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The main dude in Kanojo, Okarishimasu is pretty pathetic but all the grandmas are awesome so I hope there's more of them and that they're series regulars.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Date A Live is getting a two-part movie release featuring everyone's favorite time-stopping gun user.

Gakkou Gurashi has started an epilogue manga.

I got this VN on Steam back during the Christmas sale. How does it relate to the anime and is it worth going through?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/XT5L9dS.gifv

Uzaki-chan is so dumb but in a way that makes me laugh. Dat flesh fang.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 11, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Have Uzaki-chan and Rental GF been adding much to the manga version? If not I might just stick to the manga.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1U4SAgy60c

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is it too early to consider a thread for Deca-Dence?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Several shows with particularly huge hype got threads before the first episode released, so probably not.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Coxswain Balls posted:

poo poo, what are they streaming on?

All I know is Nagatoro better be a Crunchy or Funi thing goddamnit.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Xelkelvos posted:

If it sucks the thread will just die anyways, so :justpub: if you want to make one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FilthyImp posted:

poo poo, what are they streaming on?

All I know is Nagatoro better be a Crunchy or Funi thing goddamnit.

Funimation has it.

:doh: Misread, thought you meant Uzaki-chan.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Funimation has it.

:doh: Misread, thought you meant Uzaki-chan.
No, you're right. I was interested in finding out where Rental and Uzaki were to be found. Thanks.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

Nah, feel free to make one. I'll have the new season thread up by sometime tomorrow to go along with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deca-dence seems okay, Eureka 7 vibes for some reason. Was trying to think what the hollow harpoons reminded me of then remembered someone tried to kill Kenshiro with the same thing once lol

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Monster Musume no Oisha-san is out and it's much less horny than the trailer would make you think though it's moreso than the manga

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There is now a thread for Deca-Dence :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xelkelvos posted:

Monster Musume no Oisha-san is out and it's much less horny than the trailer would make you think though it's moreso than the manga
wow drat you ain't kiddin', that trailer is way hornier than the manga generally is.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Deca-dence seems okay, Eureka 7 vibes for some reason. Was trying to think what the hollow harpoons reminded me of then remembered someone tried to kill Kenshiro with the same thing once lol

I got Eureka 7 impressions as well, and it seemed pretty cool even aside from that so i'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a kitten posted:

I got Eureka 7 impressions as well, and it seemed pretty cool even aside from that so i'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

It's got a lot of interesting layers to it and I definitely got the same vibe. (Eureka 7 late spoilers) It's starting off like around the time they got into the core of the planet and the reveals about the Scub Coral thinking the universe apart, and I'm real curious to see just where Deca-Dense is planning to go from there. So far it looks like we've got a virtual society of AI, ruined cities with robots, and the Boss is hunting "Bugs" so I'm half-suspecting all the humans are actually robots.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xelkelvos posted:

Seemed six of one half dozen the other to me. The gladiators went from an all-female group who all hit on the doctor to mostly guys, with only one cat-girl making a move. The anime adds movement and voice acting, but otherwise didn't seem to add horniness.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1282286848740556801

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Really surprised at how much mileage that show's getting, really didn't strike me as the type to survive this long.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Really surprised at how much mileage that show's getting, really didn't strike me as the type to survive this long.

Well, "season 2" was produced at the same time as season 1, and the show doesn't have a lot of action in it, so its probably cheaper to produce.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Well, "season 2" was produced at the same time as season 1, and the show doesn't have a lot of action in it, so its probably cheaper to produce.

The show's a drag but I kind of like that it took 2 seasons before they started to explore magic instead of rushing to it first thing.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ott_ posted:

The show's a drag but I kind of like that

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Bookworm has some faults, but I really enjoyed its slow burn and this is great news to me. The main characters contribution to their new society so far: arts, crafts and pizza. Truly the most overpowered isekai protagonist of all time.

Just inject it straight into my veins.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i definitely soured on it a bit this second go around when it was running against other new shows i liked rather than in an extraordinarily weak season.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I personally really enjoy bookworm and am really glad to see another season in the works.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Bookworm was the series I most enjoyed this season, so yeah

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'll be interested to see if they just close out the Part 2 arc with season 3. I think there might be enough content left for them to do that since they left off right near the end of Part 2 Vol 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That would be the only logical stopping point, I think. As usual they'll have to heavily condense it. I was pretty disappointed by how little the dream world was explored at the end of last season, and the meeting with the mom was a lot less emotional in the anime. But the end of arc 2 makes a good emotional season ender.

I don't know how a season based on a portion of arc 3 would work; unlike arc 2, there's no spot midway through that could serve as a good season finale (or at least, not one with the same emotional stakes), and there's no way they could burn through enough eps to reach the end of arc 3 at all.