Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

On board for BNA, Bakarina, Tamayomi, Afterschool Fishing, Kaguya-sama 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What if I skip to the part where I just mute it because I don't care

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I know exactly what scene that first shot in particular is referencing and I'm really looking forward to seeing it animated. Hopefully the long wait means that the staff has a generous schedule and we'll get an even more polished product than S1.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Patware posted:

yeah but i've seen planet with

i loved planet with

i wouldn't want to see planet with again

Kinda where I'm at on it. I enjoyed it a lot as I watched but it's not something I find myself thinking about a lot or expect to go back to for the forseeable future.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kakushigoto wasn't on my radar till I saw some friends get into it, but yeah that first episode's a real knockout.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Now that's just kinda rude

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bakarina's adaptation seems pretty good, conveys the charm of the original manga very well. The staff apparently finished work on it a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully that means we're in for a pretty consistent baseline of quality.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Teibou is pretty rote in general so far, and there were a couple of jokes in the middle I kinda groaned at, but it's got that nice Dogakobo production sheen so I'm giving it at least a few eps.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think the gun goes off when he sneezes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Summary of my thoughts on the return of Kaguya-Sama
https://twitter.com/SpiritusNox15/status/1249065473305649157

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1250229384058777600

Covid delays starting to hit this season - wonder how many currently airing shows we'll see get pushed. Worst-case scenario I wouldn't be surprised if it hits everything but finished/nearly finished projects like Bakarina, Yesterday, maybe Brand New Animal

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah most of what I've heard about the ongoing delays is that dubbing is a bigger problem at this stage than the actual animation itself.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

One of those ProZD skits where he takes the piss out of a JRPG but it's a full anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm pretty sure past seasons have had anime in the can months before their final episodes aired. Gridman made a big announcement about being completely done in November, while the finale didn't air until December 23.

It happens occasionally - the Bakarina anime is already finished right now, for instance, and I think Sing Yesterday To Me is also supposed to be close - but it's rare enough that unless you have firm evidence to the contrary you should assume any given show is coming down to the wire.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Spring Season 2020: Stuck Inside? At Least There's Bookworm and Villainess

I mean, hell, if we had to pick two, we could do a lot worse

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Wait is this the delayed film?

No, this released last year. The Violet Evergarden movie got delayed. Pretty sure it's just a broadcast delay, too - I was under the impression that the movie itself was finished or close to it even before Covid hit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Genre labels are arbitrary and kind of stupid and not worth arguing over hth

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I finished Brand New Animal. It waaaaaaaaaaaas...fine? Main character's a delight, animation has the great liveliness you expect from Yoshinari, it's definitely a solid show, but the writing's pretty wonkily paced and frays around the edges in ways that stop it from getting an A grade IMO - though I certainly wouldn't say there's anything I found to be disastrous the way I've heard, say, Kill La Kill described before. B+ IMO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus Grouchio stop reducing literally every development in a global pandemic to a question of whether it'll be good or bad for your favorite anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Are there any other surprisingly good shows like this one this season? I know a lot of them are on hiatus for now but since I finally have some loving time off work I want to put it to good use.

Kaguya-sama is a very good romcom, emphasis on the comedy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yurucamp and Non Non Biyori airing in the same season. That will bring dangerous levels of Cozy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DecaDence is the only thing I'd say I'm especially excited for, though I'll try Great Pretender too and I'll be happy enough to pick Teibou back up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

When's Wandering Witch gonna get a release date.......

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

According to people who read the novels, Bakarina gets worse after the events of the first series though....

It's definitely something I'm concerned about, but from what I've read, I don't think it's by any means unworkable, especially given that S1 seemed quite willing to embellish and outright invent original content. The main challenge they'll have IMO is preventing the gag of Katarina's denseness/inability to make any sort of actual romantic progress from getting stale - it's already kinda getting there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I think this is also the first we've heard of it being two cour.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I enjoyed Whisker Away well enough. Not one of my favorites or anything but the script is cute and functional enough for a really strong production effort to carry things through. Studio Colorido's putting together a nice little streak lately.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm excited

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Should be fun

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like President's only shown up...a couple of times? So there's that, too.

I 'unno Nagatoro's not transcendant or anything, it's got very little depth IMO and it'll need a really lively production to be really worthwhile, but it's something I consistently look forward to reading even if it rarely stays for me very long afterwards.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I'm enjoying the novels a lot and I really like what I've seen of the anime character designs, hope it all comes together well in motion.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm gonna rewatch Princess Principal

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

lol that we've psyopped this person into watching an anime the mere mention of which was cause for banning on this website not that long ago

....How long ago were the Zorak years, again?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Natsumi looks like a delightful protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Really surprised at how much mileage that show's getting, really didn't strike me as the type to survive this long.