Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I keep getting error 43 when trying to log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I keep getting error 43 when trying to log in

They are still working on it according to the tweet I posted.

I can get in, but the queue to play is red and I can only go into the firing range or play a custom game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure if adblock stops you from getting drops, but at least on the 4th they said that there's no reason to have more than one stream active since everything is tied to your IP

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Firebert posted:

Not sure if adblock stops you from getting drops, but at least on the 4th they said that there's no reason to have more than one stream active since everything is tied to your IP

I hope so, but there's been reports of people making smurf accounts by the dozen and getting multiple drops back last week. Hopefully they're rationing to 1 per IP, because I saw an ungodly number of obvious bot accounts online this morning trying to get a beta key whose account they could ebay for quick bux. I personally mostly expect I'm not going to be able to get access until launch, because my luck is usually terrible. :)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game is real fun

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/PlayVALORANT/status/1247547954660954113

"We aren't giving out keys right now. But we promise if you're watching you're on a list. Keep those viewer numbers high. Thanks."

A bunch of my friends made like 10 burner accounts and are playing right now (though most of the keys came from one person). That just seems like a lot of effort.

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Appears they've fixed the issue, drops have now restarted. They said they're "ramping back up" with drops so idk exactly whether we're fully back or what.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LOL check out what I just got while idling in a Twitch channel while playing Valorant:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know people are going to want to talk about gameplay but the amount of stuff that is tracked in the background is such a nice thing to have, knowing exact placements of both teammates and enemies on the minimap when you hover over the timeline is great.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The gameplay in this is super fuckin tight, it's quite an adjustment coming from playing a lot of Modern Warfare recently. It's very much CS with (largely non-lethal) powers instead of Overwatch with more realistic guns. If you can't aim good you ain't gonna do good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Asema posted:

I know people are going to want to talk about gameplay but the amount of stuff that is tracked in the background is such a nice thing to have, knowing exact placements of both teammates and enemies on the minimap when you hover over the timeline is great.

Ya the interface is great.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of the abilities are movement and information based but then some of them are straight give you a rocket launcher that one shots anybody if hit

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

a lot of the abilities are movement and information based but then some of them are straight give you a rocket launcher that one shots anybody if hit

this isn't a bitch post, that rocket launcher owns

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Asema posted:

Right, the ults are super powerful but you can't use them frequently.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Played my first game and our team started off 0-9. Ended up being 6-13 and I came in dead last. I played CS:GO for the first time 3 weeks ago and this is definitely like that. Hadn't played since 1.6.

I was the Hanzo guy and it looks like his ult is the same, but couldn't really tell once I shot it how big it was or if I had more than one shot of it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In CS what do people usually spend their first round money on?

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

fadam posted:

Depends. Typically body armor (no headshot protection) and a mid-level pistol or some type of grenade. Alternatively, just a deagle. Pistol rounds in CS:GO aren't as important as they used to be due to economy tweaks.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

if you are real good you just buy nothing and win the round and have round 2 be the splurge but it's changed over the years

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Good Vipers are going to be loving terrifying. The ability to raise and lower smoke walks and smokes that damage you is great for area denial and for helping aid your movement around the map, let alone her absolutely nutty ultimate that may be one of the strongest in the game.

Watched Skadoodle play her earlier today and it was pretty nutty.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Anyone else getting getting an anticheat error and kicked to desktop whenever you join a game?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Is there a summary of how the "economy might go" during a round for lack of a better phrase in CS? I'll just assume that's how it works here too for now.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how harsh is the economy in this game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KingKapalone posted:

Is there a summary of how the "economy might go" during a round for lack of a better phrase in CS? I'll just assume that's how it works here too for now.

you can see your teammates current $ at all times, and at the start you get a "minimum $ next round" for yourself

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

frajaq posted:

how harsh is the economy in this game

I had a negative KDR but my team kept winning so I was basically able to buy a big gun and all my equipment every round.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

fadam posted:

I had a negative KDR but my team kept winning so I was basically able to buy a big gun and all my equipment every round.

yeah I was struggling to maintain 1:1 and I rarely felt poor

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I meant more like the economy meta of a full game I guess. How it shifts from round to round (are those the right terms?).

Like I said, I was dead last and our team sucked, but after the first couple rounds (all losses) I only ever had to buy an SMG once. Usually used 1-2 of my pulse bomb arrows each time. Never felt strapped.

edit: also it looks like a lot of the pros/streamers customize the crosshair. It looks like it's just putting the inner and outer line offsets to 0. Anyone know anything more specific?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 7, 2020

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Asema posted:

you have to be considered 'watching' with a green dot on your twitch account. If leaving it open in another tab does that, then it should work.

When I did it to get this and Runeterra I just threw it on another monitor and had firefox mute the tab entirely so Twitch still thought the audio was coming through

I don't think you have to actually be showing as 'Online' to get a drop. But who the gently caress knows.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/T1/status/1247615129493147654?s=20

Looks like some organisations are trying to sign players already. I think it’s a bit premature considering the game’s only been in closed beta for 1 day but ok?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

so this is what happens when you ask the monkey's paw for csgo to get a modernization update

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I think it’s a bit premature considering the game’s only been in closed beta for 1 day but ok?

AZK is permanently banned from competitive CS:GO after being caught in a match fixing scandal so it's not like he has any other options for going pro in this type of game lol

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

repiv posted:

AZK is permanently banned from competitive CS:GO after being caught in a match fixing scandal so it's not like he has any other options for going pro in this type of game lol

I did not know that! Hopefully he isn’t dumb enough to try that again.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jimmydalad posted:

ls was caught cheating in professional sc and the league community welcomed him with open arms so you never know

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the menu music is super duper my jam too

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If this game came out ten years ago I’d be all over it, but at thirty I feel like I just do t have what it takes anymore :(

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

If this game came out ten years ago I’d be all over it, but at thirty I feel like I just do t have what it takes anymore :(

are you having fun? whenever they introduce a rank system it'll probably even out so as long as you have fun it should be okay!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Asema posted:

are you having fun? whenever they introduce a rank system it'll probably even out so as long as you have fun it should be okay!

I haven’t had fun playing a video game in 20 years pal

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

I'm 34 and I just had a positive KDR game :unsmith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

He was basically a kid and followed orders, he got way more poo poo than he deserves for it imho. This'll be a great fresh start for him since he was pretty much poised to be the greatest CS player of all time before that poo poo went down.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’ve been playing a lot of csgo lately but this looks infinitely better than overwatch and R6 (which I really hates), hope I get a drat key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven’t played a ton of Siege, but all the different gadgets and the two teams having a few seconds to get set up before the round starts feels very Siege-y to me.

My only complaint right now is that I wish the character designs were a little more crazy, but I guess they have to keep everyone’s silhouettes semi-similar.