Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
Blasting those stupid ceiling jellyfish into the shadow realm sounds like the perfect solution. Better living through spacemagic spacetech! I wonder, can you hurt things, by blasting them with said ceiling jellyfish?

Thank you for putting this together DN, now I can comfortably resume my ancient save file instead of restarting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
Heck yeah, nuclear power! :awesomelon:

So it turns out that having the map mod can be a real game changer. Instead of constantly referencing a big semi-spoilery jpeg on your desktop, or breaking out the graph paper, you can just go out and explore. It's great!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Queen Bee be put though it's paces. This is the first time I've gotten far enough for that to be necessary, due to frustration, due to lack of a map, and I'll be on the lookout for pro tips. Same with deep forward scanning bases, I built one, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be scanning for haha.

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
So floaters are invincible physics-breaking jellyfish that latch onto you and do terrible things to man and machine. What you're saying is that they are essentially Metroids of the sea.

Also, the fact that removing specifically the left powercell from the Prawn disables the headlights is a completely believable hardware quirk and yet :psyduck:

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
I would also like to see the various deterrent technologies you can use to ward off aggressive wildlife.

I don't remember if it was brought up, but you can chase off most medium sized aggressive fish, including crabsquids, by headbutting them with the seamoth's canopy. Supposedly the seamoth armor upgrade only affects collision damage and not creature attacks, so I think I went though a good part of the game wearing a false sense of security. :v:

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
Thanks for making the LP, it was very entertaining, chilling out in Thalassophobia Ocean is always a good time, and I finally got to see the back half of this great game.